Why do you choose your life partner

toyicebear

Hi...

I always wondered, why do peoiple choose their "life" partner , what criteria does aply?

To start it of, heres mine....

1. The potential partner should have the look of a atleast a 7 on a scale of 10...

Why..well if not, its to tempting to go "butterfly"

2. The age difference should be no more than 5 years...

Why...To have a fairly simular basis of expirience and matureness...

3. The potential partner should be able to match your wits and intellectuality...

Why...Othervise it would be very boring.....

4. Simular life goals...

Why...to be able to work toward futrure goals as a team, as opposed to trying to cahnge eachothers goals and views....

5. If you have to choose between a night out with friends or with your partner..youir partner wins.....

Why..It should be evident....

As an alternative ..to be able to go out with friends and bring your partner..without it having to dampen the mood....

So come on....whats your criteria?????????

hate to sound so frank...

but we are attracted to eachother, we love eachother and we are happy together.... thats my only criteria..

looks - theres always going to be something better if you look hard enough

age - im 29 my wife is 24, but its not really something id be too bothered about if the age gap was more

intelligence - i have a good job in Data Networking, my wife finished school at 13 and went to work in a plastics factory.... she has little education and everyday she learns something new from me - and i from her.... and no ive never found it boring

life goals - we both want to be happy, earn as much as possible whilst in UK for retirement in LoS

but we are attracted to eachother, we love eachother and we are happy together.... thats my only criteria..

age - im 29 my wife is 24, but its not really something id be too bothered about if the age gap was more

intelligence - i have a good job in Data Networking, my wife finished school at 13 and went to work in a plastics factory.... she has little education and everyday she learns something new from me - and i from her.... and no ive never found it boring

life goals - we both want to be happy, earn as much as possible whilst in UK for retirement in LoS

Nice replay.. :-)

To clearify..intelegence is not about eductaion and schooling..but the abilety to learn, develop, to be able to see that an action can result in further consequenses and ofcourse the abilety to grasp new concepts.

The only thing me and my wife have in common is that for about 7 months of each year we are both the same age, presently we're both 46. We've both been married to each other for the same amount of time and we're bringing up the same 3 children.

As far as compatibility goes? We're not. Next month we'll celebrate 16 happy years of marriage. :o

thanks - very true indeed - it p**ses me off when people feel the need to remark when talking about their thai gfs or wives as being intelligent, educated with a degree and a have a good job... as though they are amongst the most savvy farrangs for getting such a good catch

so what - my wife too is intelligent, she is incredibly bright, the fact that her family were to poor for her and her sister to continue school at 13 is no indication to her intelligence... just their circumstances.

Let's see what the OP has in mind....same age, same maturity, same experience, same intellect, same wit, same life goals.......hey, toyicebear, let me introduce you to your right hand.

Well..i do love my right hand... lol :D:D:D

On the other hand..no pun intendeed....

I am happily married with a Thai girl who is well within the criteria i have listed abowe..... :o

So..what about you..a happy bachelor and/or?????????

Edited by toyicebear

Your criteria remind me of a conversation I had with a girl lately about my husband's weight. He is a good sized man, pretty active but has a bit of a tummy (not beer, just likes to eat). I made a joke about his attempts at dieting (it never works, he eats a salad, gets too hungry then eats some rice later) and she asked me didn't I mind his weight. I told her, "I didn't fall in love with him for the way he looked" . Something to remember when you are old and so is she. Too many guys here go on and on about how important looks are. What will you do when she is older and not as attractive as she was when she was young? Dump her for a younger girl? If so, then you are not really in love, you are not in any kind of real relationship. Yes, looks can attract but they shouldn't be what holds you together. To include that in any kind of criteria for a loving relationship is, frankly, extremely shallow.

i dont have any life partner yet ..but if i had a chance...these are my criteria

1 love me just the way i am.

2 younger than my dad

3 smart..should be smarter than me.

4 dont care my looked, body or boobs's size ...lol

5 stable job

6 educated

7 no cheat nor butterfly

8 nice , kind

9 no BDSM

10 love the beach

11 looked ...emmm .... not too exotic nor too ugly .... just normal looked is ok 4 me

12 no racist nor homophobia

13 open mind

14 widow or not ..who cares ..

15 love my family and my friends

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

Hi...

I always wondered, why do peoiple choose their "life" partner , what criteria does aply?

To start it of, heres mine....

1. The potential partner should have the look of a atleast a 7 on a scale of 10...

Why..well if not, its to tempting to go "butterfly"

2. The age difference should be no more than 5 years...

Why...To have a fairly simular basis of expirience and matureness...

3. The potential partner should be able to match your wits and intellectuality...

Why...Othervise it would be very boring.....

4. Simular life goals...

Why...to be able to work toward futrure goals as a team, as opposed to trying to cahnge eachothers goals and views....

5. If you have to choose between a night out with friends or with your partner..youir partner wins.....

Why..It should be evident....

As an alternative ..to be able to go out with friends and bring your partner..without it having to dampen the mood....

So come on....whats your criteria?????????

Dohhh i'm pissed again, anyway like i was going to say, bet you did'nt have to look very far to find yours.

To be extremely honest I had no 'criteria' what so ever, I just remember falling in love with my wife one day while sat down together talking and then soon after I had to leave her for 2 months. That hurt so much I decided never to leave her again.

:D

PS 'Non of this gets back to the wife right' !?!?!?!?!? :o

I had no criteria either. My wife is 4 years younger than I am and we've been married so long we've stopped counting. The most important thing we both share is that we knew each other very well and were best friends a couple of years before we married, and still are to this day.

Edited by AmeriThai

Well said :o

Rj

simple answer - love

complicated answer - nah can't be bothered, love love love

Great answer, inspired me to knock up a little song.

Love, love, love.

Love, love, love.

Love, love, love.

There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done.

Nothing you can sing that can’t be sung.

Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.

It’s easy.

Nothing you can make that can’t be made.

No one you can save that can’t be saved.

Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.

It’s easy.

All you need is love.

All you need is love.

All you need is love, love.

Love is all you need.

All you need is love.

All you need is love.

Love is all you need.

Nothing you can know that isn’t known.

Nothing you can see that isn’t shown.

Nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be.

It’s easy.

All you need is love.

All you need is love.

Love is all you need.

All you need is love (all together, now!)

All you need is love. (everybody!)

Love is all you need (love is all you need).

Yee-hai!

Oh yeah!

She loves you, yeah yeah yeah.

She loves you, yeah yeah yeah.

Writing credits to bkkmadness (honest) :o

Hope this fits the thread,this may sound like mills and boon but its all true, was engaged at 17 but split up after 18 months because I she thought my job was to dangerous(was in 2 Para at the time),got posted to thailand married a little isaan girl started a family :o british govt. did not agree so marriage was anulled ,wifey payed off and I was moved out of country, wifey did not wait long,moved to Ubon, found herself a Usaaf Spec 4 married him ,and promptly moved to chicago :D I was posted to germany, guess what married a german lady, seems she was looking for a meal ticket, after 12 months she turned into the Gruppenfuhrer from ######, it was cheaper to stay with her than divorce her so we stayed together for nearly 20 years, eventually she nagged herself to death, I put her ashes in an eggtimer so at least she does some work now, she never did when she was alive :D .A few years later was holidaying in UK from Kenya, bumped into the lady ,who I was engaged to 25 years previously, she was also on holiday from australia, one thing led to another the old spark was still there, we moved in together and got married that was 17 years ago, she shares my love for thailand and germany, and her extended family in Isaan worship the ground she walks on.So it is not so much the looks but what is inside!! I think everyone needs a partner they are at ease with, Sod what everyone else thinks, this Chubby old Farang and wife are determined to grow old Disgracefully together in Oz and Thailand :D Nignoy

Do you buy a car just because it has bright duco and shiny chrome wheels, or do you buy a car because it is reliable and it has what it takes under the bonnet?

Looks can never be maintained. Age makes sure of that.

Reliability, trustworthyness, loyalty, committment, respect and of course, love, are the criterion that matters.

i dont have  any  life  partner yet ..but if i had a  chance...these are my criteria

1 love me  just the  way i am.

2 younger than  my dad

3 smart..should be  smarter than  me.

4 dont care my looked, body or boobs's size ...lol

5 stable  job

6 educated

7 no cheat nor butterfly

8 nice , kind

9 no BDSM

10 love the  beach

11  looked ...emmm .... not too exotic nor too ugly .... just normal looked is ok 4 me

12 no racist nor homophobia

13 open mind

14 widow or not ..who cares ..

15 love my family and  my friends

Bambi  :o

Well , 5 out of 15 is not bad , really , when you think about it :D

Edited by Jeff1

i dont have  any  life  partner yet ..but if i had a  chance...these are my criteria

9 no BDSM..

Bugger! So close...

:o:D

Have to agree with those who say LOVE..... :D

My wife is 32, I am 55 but that doesn't matter to either of us.

She left school at 13 because she had to work, the family were poor then. They are much better off now and not because of me but by their own hard work and ability.

Nonetheless she is a very clever lady and constantly tries to improve herself, not for me but for her own sake.

She is caring, loyal, loving and totally committed to a successful marriage...... :D

Now we have a gorgeous 9 month old son and she is a fantastic mum! :D !

To answer the OP I had no criteria, I just fell in love....... :D

To be extremely honest I had no 'criteria' what so ever, I just remember falling in love with my wife one day while sat down together talking and then soon after I had to leave her for 2 months. That hurt so much I decided never to leave her again.

:o

Exactly the way it happened with my lady :D

As far as compatibility is concerned, we have no common interests really. We don't argue, no disagreements. Life's pretty good. :D

Some people don't plan their lives much and they just fall in love with someone and marry them....other people try to plan their lives a bit more and think about things before doing them...sounds like the OP is the plan your life kind of guy. If you're temperment is such that you are able to give some thought to these kinds of things before acting then so much the better.....it is not the falling in love that makes a good marriage...being 'in love' is a debilitating emotion that luckily doesn't last long since it tends to make one disfunctional....it is the real love that is cultivated throught the years that makes a good marriage. If you have a criteria you can use to screen out 'bad applicants' then perhaps you can avoid a bad marriage, but even when you find a good prospect and fall in love it does not guarantee a good marriage...it takes work over the years.

:D

PS 'Non of this gets back to the wife right' !?!?!?!?!?  :o

I'm just powering up the printer mate :D see you in a few weeks.

I recon my wife chose me, once she decided I had little choice :D

Big age difference, not really that compatible, the only things in comman are we are both stubborn and willful......a very turbulent first few years, but we are happy ...... ...funny old world aint it :D