Thailand Fruit Hot Spots

aloe

Hello everyone,

i'm planning a trip to your fruit paradise country...

I wanted to ask you if you would have some contacts that could help me there to learn everything about grafting tropical fruits (durian, rambutan, jackfruits, etc) in the thai ways. I would like to get trained to these techniques. Then i would like to visit some places (nurseries, orchards) where a good selection of fruit cultivars is being grown. Any interesting fruit related place to be visited...

Any informations to achieve this is welcome,

thanks,

aloe

fruit hobbist living in Indian Ocean

Aloe, I don't have a direct answer, but you might try inquiring at Nong Nooch Botanical Garden near Pattaya. In addition to their public gardens, nursery, botanical collections, and staff of specialty botanists, the owner has holdings of fruit orchards in the south east of Thailand, which is the primary growing area for the fruits you mentioned.

I have been out of touch with them for several years since my palm expert friend left their employ, but Anders is/was the manager and Mr. Kampon Tanascha is the owner.

Eric, the Swedish PhD plant scientist at Dokmai Garden in Chiang Mai may have some contacts for you. www.dokmaigarden.co.th

Edited by drtreelove

thanks for your ideas and contacts, will work this out...

for the Chanthaburi festival i plan to leave while it will be starting, is that really worth visiting? i may postpone my departure for few days...

Samuel, Reunion island