Yingluck Shinawatra Heading Pheu Thai Leadership

webfact

Probably but many have a distaste for the scumbag tabloid newspaper mentality.

The slight puzzle to me is who these muckrakers believe is their audience, indeed why they bother.

Many love the tabloid newspaper mentality too. Especially if it's about someone they already don't like.

Most people that don't like it happening to Yingluck, would love it if happened to Abhisit.

Interesting, at least to me, is that for the past decade or so it is the tabloids who get most stories right and it is the mainstream media who ignores important news altogether as it does not serve their corporate interest.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The slight puzzle to me is who these muckrakers believe is their audience, indeed why they bother.

Many love the tabloid newspaper mentality too. Especially if it's about someone they already don't like.

Most people that don't like it happening to Yingluck, would love it if happened to Abhisit.

Interesting, at least to me, is that for the past decade or so it is the tabloids who get most stories right and it is the mainstream media who ignores important news altogether as it does not serve their corporate interest.

Good point.Take for example The Sun in the UK, best selling tabloid but fiercely independent and prints stories the corporate dominated mainstream media won't touch.Its owner is some obscure American-Australian called R.Murdoch.

Good point.Take for example The Sun in the UK, best selling tabloid but fiercely independent and prints stories the corporate dominated mainstream media won't touch.Its owner is some obscure American-Australian called R.Murdoch.

I'll take your word for it, as I don't read any British publications, nor do I watch TV. I find most media a hindrance to truth seeking and of course they tend to dwell on lots of things I just don't care about, but they think I should.

From what I've heard, Thaksin actually preferred Mingkwan

The other paper is also reporting that at the Party's annual meeting yesterday, Mingkwan's supporters attempted to secure the title of Party Leader and the Party's PM candidate, but that the move was blocked by Thaksin's messaging that now was not the right time to establish those titles. He also sent word that the positions may be separated.

That doesn't really indicate Thaksin's preference. He probably wants to delay the choice at least until house is dissolved. By then (I think) it'll be too late for people that disagree to switch to a new party. I still don't know how many people within the party support YL and how many support MK though. Just a friend that associates w/politicos told me senior party advisers are strongly pushing for YL even though TS previously leant towards Mingkwan. Same friend also told me Mingkwan was getting funding from Newin though, so... I don't quite believe that.

If "Thaksin actually preferred Mingkwan", he wouldn't have intervened in the Party's meeting.

Have your friends mentioned Thaksin's Master Plan as discussed by sources to the other paper in December?

With Mingkwan's failed budget debate and his failed censure debate, most things since then has seemed to fallen into place with the Plan.

Interesting article in the other paper which indicates that Thaksin is only reciprocating on Mingkwan to become Party Leader by acknowledging Mingkwan's own financial contributions to the Pheu Thai Party.

It's also apparently a set up for failure as he has assigned Mingkwan to lead the censure debate and he has zero prior experience with that.

With this expected task failure, Thaksin will then shift his support to a new Party Leader, the one he has apparently wanted all along...

his younger sister, Yingluk Shinawatra;

who the sources said is expected to become Party Leader before the next general election.

Is she prepared for the public scrutiny of public officials? She is not married, but is a mother of a child the public never sees and is not photographed.

A personal slur from the usual source.

A flame with an expected origin.

Do you not think this could be an issue to any number of potential voters? That's not very perceptive of the public opinion that will no doubt develop. Do you think she's ready to take on the onslaught of media attention surrounding the situation, because until now, her actions would indicate she's not.

Edited by Buchholz

Yingluck as PM candidate as that position has power and Mingkwan as party leader as that position holds no power but saves some face as Yingluck wais the mighty Mingkwan in public or some such stunt. Thaksin is not going to invest heavily into another election only to be Samaked again and that means family. The only question is how he does it without driving Mingkwan and his mates into Purachai or Banhrans mob or something and the above scenario seems best

Edited by hammered

Former Thai Rak Thai Executive Backs Thaksin's Sister for Pheu Thai Party's Leadership

The former deputy leader of the disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party backs the younger sister of self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to take the helm of the Pheu Thai Party.

Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, the former deputy leader of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai party, expressed her support for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's younger sister,Yingluck to take the leadership post of the Pheu Thai Party.

Sudarat said Yingluck has great knowledge of economics with direct experience in large corporations.

At the same time, being a female politician, she could tone down tensions.

While, her lack of political experience is seen by many as a weakness, it could also be seen as an advantage, as Yingluck could offer fresh ideas.

When asked whether a pending decision by the Pheu Thai Party over who will assume the leading role will create problems for the party, Sudarat observed that the party may be considering the matter very carefully, as they are concerned over the threat of another party dissolution.

She said the Pheu Thai Party should not rush to announce a new leader.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-03-23

footer_n.gif

Yingluck as PM candidate as that position has power and Mingkwan as party leader as that position holds no power but saves some face as Yingluck wais the mighty Mingkwan in public or some such stunt. Thaksin is not going to invest heavily into another election only to be Samaked again and that means family. The only question is how he does it without driving Mingkwan and his mates into Purachai or Banhrans mob or something and the above scenario seems best

Samak as a verb. :D:lol:

Highly placed Thais I know, who ought to know what they are talking about, have told me hundreds of thousands of rai, of what were once public lands, found there way into this families holdings during Thaksin's administartion. Mostly coastal areas near Ko Chang and Cambodia border. I wonder if any of it found its way into SC Asset management's holdings?

More stories with no foundation . Somebody told me this or that ,dear me

Only mickey mouse democracies allow power to be handed from father to child. This wouldn't happen in America LoLs.

555 Good one

Well at least they managed to stick Clinton in between GHWB and W.

But the principle is the same.

Sudarat Keyuraphan, the former deputy leader of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai party, expressed her support for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's younger sister, Yingluck, to take the leadership post of the Pheu Thai Party.

That sort of seals it. If Sudarat likes something, you just know it's bad.

At the same time, being a female politician, she could tone down tensions.

hmmmm... if Sudarat says so, I suppose. She herself never seemed to tone down much of anything.

I also wonder what another Thaksin Cabinet Minister thinks of the idea as I see that Thaksin's former ICT Minister Surapong was indicted today for abuse of power while he was Samak's Finance Minister.

Good resounding start for the latest Thaksin proxy election.

This analysis fits the scenario well.

If "Thaksin actually preferred Mingkwan", he wouldn't have intervened in the Party's meeting.

Have your friends mentioned Thaksin's Master Plan as discussed by sources to the other paper in December?

With Mingkwan's failed budget debate and his failed censure debate, most things since then has seemed to fallen into place with the Plan.

He might. To defuse tensions. My friend has been convinced Yingluck would be the PM candidate for PT for six months. It's only the other day that he said Thaksin was actually backing Mingkwan and "senior PT advisers" were trying to talk him out of it. But now Sudarat came out publicly backing YL, I don't know. I'd got the impression she was his main sponsor. But her public statements might not match what she's saying privately, of course. Anyway, made a small bet with same friend that Mingkwan would be the candidate despite what he says, so I'm sticking with that.

Why do you say his censure debate failed? I thought he'd done quite well. Better than expected.

Samak as a verb. :D:lol:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Only mickey mouse democracies allow power to be handed from father to child. This wouldn't happen in America LoLs.

555 Good one

Well at least they managed to stick Clinton in between GHWB and W.

But the principle is the same.

Has to be the best post so far today LOL

Highly placed Thais I know, who ought to know what they are talking about, have told me hundreds of thousands of rai, of what were once public lands, found there way into this families holdings during Thaksin's administartion. Mostly coastal areas near Ko Chang and Cambodia border. I wonder if any of it found its way into SC Asset management's holdings?

More posts without even a rudimentary level of checking.

george:

He (Thaksin) was reacting to Bangkok Post news reports of encroachment and illegal acquisition of land following the government's ambitious plan to turn the island into a world-class tourist destination.

2005-06-05

ovenman:

The Bangkok Post has run a series of articles this past week about land encroachment on Ko Chang.

2005-06-05

Edited by Buchholz

Not entirely true. I was would be purchaser in the area and it was pointed out to me which areas had been purloined and a brief outline of how it was done and by whom was given. This was corroborated to me by others not associated with the first party. These explanations were given to me as a reason for why land departments are "frozen" in many areas from upgrading title papers for many worthy applicants as there are so many shady deals mixed in.

The 43-year-old business executive and mother

Is she prepared for the public scrutiny of public officials? She is not married, but is a mother of a child the public never sees and is not photographed.

Also, would any non-Red Shirt vote for the Red Shirt participant?

nongpu-yinglux.jpg

Lastly, what with her Billions in assets here and there, is she prepared to face all the financial scrutiny politicians must face.

As for the 'lastly', no problem. there's always the odd maid and chauffeur willing to take care of a few billion :)

When asked whether a pending decision by the Pheu Thai Party over who will assume the leading role will create problems for the party, Sudarat observed that the party may be considering the matter very carefully, as they are concerned over the threat of another party dissolution.

She said the Pheu Thai Party should not rush to announce a new leader.

I'm wondering why k. Sudarat would be concerned about another party dissolution? Surely we will see the cleanest election campaign ever?

As for not rushing to announce a new leader, sure why rush ? It's not as if this party is leaderless ;)

Not entirely true. I was would be purchaser in the area and it was pointed out to me which areas had been purloined and a brief outline of how it was done and by whom was given. This was corroborated to me by others not associated with the first party. These explanations were given to me as a reason for why land departments are "frozen" in many areas from upgrading title papers for many worthy applicants as there are so many shady deals mixed in.

Stories given out by Government supporters. Cant you see it is bullshit ? After all the in depth investigations into anything Thaksin or close to .Do you not think some sort of charges . Like I have said just stories . SPIN SPIN SPIN

Stories given out by Government supporters. Cant you see it is bullshit ? After all the in depth investigations into anything Thaksin or close to .Do you not think some sort of charges . Like I have said just stories . SPIN SPIN SPIN

Let me correct that to read "stories given out by government officials". All of whom predate this current administration.

She turned this down once already because she prefers her business interests. She either gives up her business interests and goes for it, hides her business interests, which won't work, gives up business which I sure she doesn't want to do, or turns it down again. I suspect she is being pressurised to take this rather than doing it through her own choice. I can understand her; who wants to become a slippery Thai politician?

I hope most Thais can see the PT shenanigans for what they are. Anyone who votes for them serious has given up any ethics and wants more same same Thai corrupt politics rather than the slow but improving politics, which is what is happening at the moment. One could easily criticize Abhisit for his performance, but with so many powerful figures in the shadows manoeuvring for control over various things, being a Thai PM must be a very difficult balancing act (and a dangerous one at that).

Chalerm Yubamrung, chairman of Puea Thai MPs, submits resignation from Parliament to House Speaker without giving reason; resignation effective immediately /MCOT

Chalerm was publically backing Yingluck. Now Sudarat Chalerm's arch enemy has backed Yingluck and Chalerm has done the resignation dance. Wonder if they are connected?

Chalerm resigns

By The Nation

Pheu Thai MP Chalerm Yoobamrung on Wednesday quitted his House seat under the party-list quota from Bangkok on the ground that he wanted to devote time to campaign for his party.

"I resign my position as of March 23," he said in his resignation letter submitted to the House speaker via the House Secretariat.

His close aide dismissed speculation that Chalerm would leave Pheu Thai in order to reactivate the Muanchon Party.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-23

If true, wonder if she's going to transfer her shares to her main, driver , etc?

I guess you are being sarcastic, she is not his child, and as for America I give you Bush and Bush

Chalerm resigns

By The Nation

Pheu Thai MP Chalerm Yoobamrung on Wednesday quitted his House seat under the party-list quota from Bangkok on the ground that he wanted to devote time to campaign for his party.

"I resign my position as of March 23," he said in his resignation letter submitted to the House speaker via the House Secretariat.

His close aide dismissed speculation that Chalerm would leave Pheu Thai in order to reactivate the Muanchon Party.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-23

Apparently he was a bit upset at the way he was told to shut up by party grandees and mind controllers during the censure debate so the mighty Mingkwan could talk more.