Petrol Pump Scam

dogleg

Just to warn anyone using the new PPT station on Huay Yai Road (at the south end of the railway road).

The attendant attempted to rip me off for 200B yesterday evening by entering 800B in the pump and hoping that I would hand over 1000B that I he had confirmed I wanted.

I thought it was strange that he asked me to pull forward more than normal for my filler cap position. Then he stuck his head in the rear window instead of the open front window - keeping his body between me and the pump display (maybe he had already caught me with the 50B already on the counter scam?) and went for gold. After confirming my order for' neung pan' - 1000B - he swiveled round and started up the pump. At the same time, his side-kick appeared at my front window and attempted, pathetically, to engage me in a distracting conversation.

Luckily this odd behavior alerted me so I got out of the car to see that he had entered only 800B. When challenged he immediately 'remembered' the 'neung pan' and added another 200B of petrol.

I'm sure this isn't the first, or last time for this to be tried. Another time I may well have been distracted enough to just hand over the money expected and drive off.

Be Warned!

I have used this station since it opened without a problem, however - yesterday i noticed a new employee, little skinny lad, and he was looking a bit fidgety to say the least, he asked me to move forward too but i just shouted at him to get on with it and i stayed eye level with the pump.

I will keep an eye out for that one from now on !!