What Do You Dislike About Living In Samui?

Cheaper...do a better job etc..etc....

Why else? :rolleyes:

I know thats the reason, but I still think many Thais can work for the same salary. I have met some nice Burmese specially in the Restaurants , but all the sales people are just terrible. Worst thing is that many 1st timer tourists to Thailand think the Burmese are Thai .

Not to worry mate...they'll have to take a taxi sooner or later...:(

:cheesy:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Rob,

I think another problem is all the Burmese people who work everywhere..........they are not like Thais and it just feel so wrong, when I think about all the Thais on the mainland who could have the Burmese jobs.

More and more restaurant also employ them now, just dont get it !!!!!

I guess the will to actually work comes into it too as i can't imagine the Mainland Thai's demand top notch Wages..

Good one Rob,

I think another problem is all the Burmese people who work everywhere..........they are not like Thais and it just feel so wrong, when I think about all the Thais on the mainland who could have the Burmese jobs.

More and more restaurant also employ them now, just dont get it !!!!!

I guess the will to actually work comes into it too as i can't imagine the Mainland Thai's demand top notch Wages..

Yes, it might have something to do with the fact that the Burmese are generally hard workers. Whilst i have known numerous good Thai employees, i know of few if any business owners here that won't list "staff" as one of the main problems running a business. Thais have a very strange work ethic. I'll stop there. ;):)

maybe this post might get bined but i can only write what i see and think..

the thing is dislike is corruption. Sometimes the easiest of things here are made so difficult and there is only one reason.

well people will have to use their common sense when they complain about something maybe there are deeper reasons why there is a problem and sometimes i get really hissed off bnecause ic annot speak or do anythings about it.

Also had enough of people saying This IS Thailand. cannot hide behinde that saying for ever.

sometimes u have to say what it is. corrupt. at times but what goesaround comes around.

this post is not aimed at any particular person or people what is the point they already know what they are doing. Sometime when u r least expecting it u will hit hit hard like a 1000 bricks heading in your direction

Big C,

In my opinion Samui is too small to warrant a Central Festival shopping mall like in Phuket and Pattaya. Way to few potential customers to warrant such an investment.

i know what u r saying but i see so many of the samui 2 stories buildings on the main road emtpy. is it because of lack of customers or lack of demand for thise things.

I think it would be nice to take a chance. They could used the big plazas to have things like conserts and stuff. bit like the millienum dome. nowone new what to do with it but it is still psace and can still indooors.

I think things like these big plazas attract people to come and maybe even stay. There is allot to do in some of them. shooting ranges.

laser guns fighting, bunge thing for kids to jumo up and down, posh resturants and food centers.as long as the plaza did not charge too much for leasing space then it would work,

Sub shops. stalled. under ground parking. at the moment we have allot of these things but they are just randomaly scattered round the island.

also put a bit of effort in the creative deign might help. not just a croncrete standard building. somethings that u can put into the dign do not cost much extra just needs a bit of insiative

If only Samui had as many monied folks as this place. :whistling:

a shopping plaza is just 1 big building. there are plenty of them in samui. just put them into 1 under 1 roof. just with a better disgn. then blow it up. sorry not feeling good. i stupidl;y ate some un cooked chicken so i am probably not making much sense. head spinning bottom unleashing evry 5 minutes dehydrated. apart from that i am great. :bah::D