New Condo Promotions In Pattaya

toenail

(In Pattaya) --I find it interesting how some future condominium projects will have their office away from the building sight. True, it may be easier for prospect buyers to go stop on one of the main streets to check out the promotion and building plans, but I often wonder if there are other reasons? For instance, why would the newly planned 66 Condominium have its office on soi 1, North Pattaya when it is being built near soi 8 South of Pattaya Klang? And why do the promoters have advertise pictures of the apartment being right on the beach with the views of tranquil Pattaya Bay and the islands when it is nearly 1 kilometer in land???? The scenery would be the roof tops of buidings, wouldn't it?

Edited by toenail

C.G.I.'s

Computer Generated Images. Or as they used to be called, cartoons.

Any one who is suckered into a C.G.I. "dream location / view / lyfestyle" deserves to lose their money.

Investing in Real Estate is and should be about Bricks and Mortar.

S.E. Asia's least corrupt country Singapore has recently stopped "off plot" investment schemes.

One reason the sales offices are where they are is for "heavy foot traffic" i.e. more potential punters/mugs walk along the beach than some back soi off 3rd road.

I have stated before Pattaya/Jomtien/Bang Saray/ Naklua Condos - over supply and lack of demand.

But like 7/11's and Family Marts, Laundrys and Salons, Gold Shops and Phone Shops - Thais seem to think if it works for next door it must work for me....no logic.:blink:

C.G.I.'s

Any one who is suckered into a C.G.I. "dream location / view / lyfestyle" deserves to lose their money.

S.E. Asia's least corrupt country Singapore has recently stopped "off plot" investment schemes.

One reason the sales offices are where they are is for "heavy foot traffic" i.e. more potential punters/mugs walk along the beach than some back soi off 3rd road.

I have stated before Pattaya/Jomtien/Bang Saray/ Naklua Condos - over supply and lack of demand.

But like 7/11's and Family Marts, Laundrys and Salons, Gold Shops and Phone Shops - Thais seem to think if it works for next door it must work for me....no logic.:blink:

If over supply and lack of demand was in force as you say, can you please explain in detail why so may projects over the years have fully sold and the momentum is still going......I believe comments like yours come from somebody that cant afford to buy...I suggest you get off your bar stool and take a look at some of the showrooms in Pattaya and then maybe you would reaalise the market is veryt affluent.

If over supply and lack of demand was in force as you say, can you please explain in detail why so may projects over the years have fully sold and the momentum is still going......I believe comments like yours come from somebody that cant afford to buy...I suggest you get off your bar stool and take a look at some of the showrooms in Pattaya and then maybe you would reaalise the market is veryt affluent.

You're a real estate agent and I claim my prize!!!!

If thats the case, why in a similar post by DMAX did I post he should leave his money in the UK.........Russians are buying like there is no tomorrow believe me

Russians are buying like there is no tomorrow believe me

Just because Russians are insane doesn't mean that everyone else has to lose their minds also.

I see Russians happily buying places that I wouldn't give a second glance at, due to the crappy locations. They, however, seem to be pleased with anything just as long as it's cheap.

Are there many buyers apart from Russians and the perennial "flippers", I wonder?

If thats the case, why in a similar post by DMAX did I post he should leave his money in the UK.........Russians are buying like there is no tomorrow believe me

Well when I think of all the condo projects that got cancelled through lack of interest, and all the ones that haven't been completed that remain empty shells,the ones that are currently struggling to complete and the ones that are completed and remain empty I would not describe the market as being affluent or having momentum.

That's more a sales pitch from the estate agents, along with buy now before prices go up!!

C.G.I.'s

I do not sit on bar stools because I do not drink. Assuming someones wealth by comments about a screwed up housing market in Pattaya seems bizzare in the exteme.

Pattayparent hit the nail on the head - you are an estate agent and probably a desperate one. I have several close Thai friends all trying to sell new condos. Out of 6 sales people I know 2 have sold units in the past 4 months, They rely on commission to boost their income and they are all desperate to change jobs as there aint no money coming in soon.

I have personaly visited View Talay 3, 5C 5D, 7, and 8 over the last 8 months and unless I need to get my eyes re-lazered the vast majority of units are UNSOLD...!!!

Diamond Suites off Thrappaya Road - about 50% sold but future plans for further building progress has stopped. The PARK developmnent looks exactly the same as it did 3 years ago. Suan Suwarn....well just read the scores of posts on here about that.... OCEAN 1 555555

do I need to go on and on or should I take up drinking and sit on a bar stool to make my observations from ...........or I will carry on cycling/walking around and using my baby blue eyes ...answers on a postcard...???

Oh by the way I walk and cycle to keep fit - not because I cannot afford a car......

C.G.I.'s

I do not sit on bar stools because I do not drink. Assuming someones wealth by comments about a screwed up housing market in Pattaya seems bizzare in the exteme.

Pattayparent hit the nail on the head - you are an estate agent and probably a desperate one. I have several close Thai friends all trying to sell new condos. Out of 6 sales people I know 2 have sold units in the past 4 months, They rely on commission to boost their income and they are all desperate to change jobs as there aint no money coming in soon.

I have personaly visited View Talay 3, 5C 5D, 7, and 8 over the last 8 months and unless I need to get my eyes re-lazered the vast majority of units are UNSOLD...!!!

Diamond Suites off Thrappaya Road - about 50% sold but future plans for further building progress has stopped. The PARK developmnent looks exactly the same as it did 3 years ago. Suan Suwarn....well just read the scores of posts on here about that.... OCEAN 1 555555

do I need to go on and on or should I take up drinking and sit on a bar stool to make my observations from ...........or I will carry on cycling/walking around and using my baby blue eyes ...answers on a postcard...???

Oh by the way I walk and cycle to keep fit - not because I cannot afford a car......

ESB7 how is the time share business in Pattaya ? :whistling:

I suggest you get off your bar stool and take a look at some of the showrooms in Pattaya and then maybe you would reaalise the market is veryt affluent.

So you say that because the project owners have a nice showroom makes the project reliable?Maybe you also want to say that because the owners of a certain company in Pattaya own 2 brandnew Rolls Royce's means that they are trustable and have a healthy company? 5555555555

I agree with you that the Russians are buying big time,the only problem is that in a building where the Russians have bought themselves in nobody else want to buy anymore,and that includes Thais.Resulting in buildings which are doomed to stay partly unsold.

C.G.I.'s

Regarding your speculation on the View Talay projects. A friend just went to the View Talay office with the intent of buying. All the desirable units have been sold in VT3,VT5 and VT7. You can of course buy from realtors and flippers at higher asking prices. The backside units at VT7 are readily available because they are large, expensive and awkward in their design (long and narrow). I am sure many people were happy this high season as the Russian buyers made a dent in the condo inventory. View Talay 8 is another story as it recently opened, is too far down and the beach and too isolated for many potential buyers. You may wish to consider the "re-lazered" option.

View Talay 3, 5C 5D, 7, and 8 over the last 8 months and unless I need to get my eyes re-lazered the vast majority of units are UNSOLD...!!!

You need to schedule a appointment with the eye doctor then, because the statement you made is incorrect. VT 3, 5C, 5D and 7 are 100% sold out for the condominiums that foreigners can own in their own name. What is not sold in those buildings are the condos reserved for the Thais.

So unless you are looking for a condo which only a Thai can buy, which I am sure you weren't you should check your facts a little better before posting information. And if you do not believe me all you have to do is walk in VT sales office and try and buy a condo in one of those buildings in your own name.

View Talay 3, 5C 5D, 7, and 8 over the last 8 months and unless I need to get my eyes re-lazered the vast majority of units are UNSOLD...!!!

You need to schedule a appointment with the eye doctor then, because the statement you made is incorrect. VT 3, 5C, 5D and 7 are 100% sold out for the condominiums that foreigners can own in their own name. What is not sold in those buildings are the condos reserved for the Thais.

So unless you are looking for a condo which only a Thai can buy, which I am sure you weren't you should check your facts a little better before posting information. And if you do not believe me all you have to do is walk in VT sales office and try and buy a condo in one of those buildings in your own name.

So as the Thai percentage is 51% you are actually agreeing that the vast majority of units are unsold.

But not to worry, another estate agent will be along soon to suggest you can buy them in a company name.

So as the Thai percentage is 51% you are actually agreeing that the vast majority of units are unsold.

But not to worry, another estate agent will be along soon to suggest you can buy them in a company name.

I think Pattayaparent and I are alone on this one....49% of the units must then be unsold....View Talay 7 100% sold out !!!! So why is it a pillar of total darkness throughout the "high season".. Why are there not thousands of adverts from owners wanting to rent out the units. I have been through ALL the Ads here on T.V. there is one ( I repeat one advert for a room in VT7) I looked up at VT5 the other night and saw 12 lights on on the south side early evening. As already stated, once the Russians have bought in, not even the Thais want to know.

As for buying in a "company name", I would rather dig my perfect eyes out with a red hot fishing hook and set fire to myself first. :lol:

And as for dismissing VT8 just because it is "too far down the beach" - too far for who/what ? There must be over a thousand units in there. My GF has a friend with Farrang husband who lives there and there are 3 units occupied. So if we go back to percentages of sold and occupied....... I think I rest my case.

I am off to buy "ROSE TINTED" specs for my useless eyesight and personal perception.....:jap:

Edited by lonewolf99

I think Pattayaparent and I are alone on this one....49% of the units must then be unsold....View Talay 7 100% sold out !!!! So why is it a pillar of total darkness throughout the "high season".. Why are there not thousands of adverts from owners wanting to rent out the units. . . .

And as for dismissing VT8 just because it is "too far down the beach" - too far for who/what ? There must be over a thousand units in there. My GF has a friend with Farrang husband who lives there and there are 3 units occupied. So if we go back to percentages of sold and occupied....... I think I rest my case.

I would agree that there SEEMS to be a glut of unsold condos on the market. But it's really hard to tell. Most of the above is the usual TV hot air and illogic, combined with the irrational negativity towards Pattaya that does provide considerable entertainment here on the forum.

I have nothing to do w/ the real estate business BTW.

• Condo developers don't have to sell all the units to be profitable. What is the exact percentage per property? Unknown.
  • You don't know what percentage of the Thai-reserved 51% has been sold in a particular property, w/o research. Overall in the market it's likely sufficient or projected to be sufficient within a reasonable time. Otherwise, new legit projects by respectable, successful developers would not be starting and would not be being completed.
  • The "lights out in the buildings" test is a common and oft-repeated, and laughable, false indicator of unsold units. It tells you nothing, as most owners are absentee. Hence even in long established, long sold out older buildings that have been around for 15 years or more you see few lights on at night. Also, most owners go to bed earlier than the punters and tourists who are out later and glance up at the building.
  • Some projects are and were merely dreams or outright frauds. But most were not. Personally I'd never risk buying off-market, but who cares if somebody wants to try it?

Edited by JSixpack

Condo developers don't have to sell all the units to be profitable. What is the exact percentage per property? Unknown.

Generally 60% but my guess would be that with the overpriced units that are on sale now it's currently nearer 49%.

Otherwise, new legit projects by respectable, successful developers would not be starting and would not be being completed.

Many are not being started OR completed by so called 'respectable successful developers'

An example is Khoa Takiab in Hua Hin.....thousands of units all sold...........but the local expats think that is a lie as they are empty and in darkness............well Thais have bought them all for a crash pad at the seaside....so in Pattaya the same can be extended, just because they are empty, certainly dosnt mean they arnt sold..............it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude..............liven up and take notice, there are thousands of buyers out there.

The farang-name units in VT3 and VT5 are long gone. Some Thai-name units remain (and will probably do so forever).

VT7 still has farang-name units for sale from the developer but they are not nice, as previously mentioned. There are legal issues also.

Many farang-name units left in VT8, due to the location I suspect. The developer prices are not low either, and in fact you can buy resale shells for less than the developer asking price (I saw one that was 30% less than the developer asking price).

One of the reasons that a lot of the sold units in those buildings are dark is that they have been bought by speculators with money to spare, with a view to either being rented out or resold. As they ask too high prices for resale not much happens to them, and rentors come and go with the seasons. As there are no property ownership taxes here it only costs a few thousand Baht per year in maintenance to own one of those units, so there is no incentive to sell fast or even to rent out fast. There are a lot of people who own many units each in those buildings (and others). Personally I think they are mad, but regardless of that they do distort the market hugely. If all those units came on the market priced to sell, asking prices would halve overnight and only then would they be at a reasonable level.

These speculators are directly responsible for the over-inflated asking prices one sees at the moment.

I am not a real estate agent, but a real estate investor who has owned numerous units in all of those buildings.

If you and the vast majority of the other people commenting in this thread understood the business model that the businesses who build these condominiums you would know that they expect to sell very few units to Thais or in company names.

Every time one of these threads start the same thing is said over and over, which is the condominiums are not sold out, but you completely miss the point. Which is the builders of these buildings have covered their cost and made their profits selling the units allocated to the foreigners and everything else is gravy.

All of that being said, anybody that visited 6 or 7 VT buildings to look at condos would of seen the signs advertising the condos in every one of those buildings that were still available at a greatly discounted price would of surely visited the VT sales office to investigate exactly why they were so cheap. Which I am 100% the person that posted earlier did only to find out he could not buy them in his own name, but needed to use a company which is exactly why they were so inexpensive.

He then came back and posted they were not all sold out, when in fact the ONLY condos he would purchase or the vast majority of people buy today ARE sold out.

So I called him out on it, so twist the facts however you wish, the only condos in the buildings he would buy were sold out.

An example is Khoa Takiab in Hua Hin.....thousands of units all sold...........but the local expats think that is a lie as they are empty and in darkness............well Thais have bought them all for a crash pad at the seaside....so in Pattaya the same can be extended, just because they are empty, certainly dosnt mean they arnt sold..............it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude..............liven up and take notice, there are thousands of buyers out there.

Then why are there so many cancelled projects that never got started and so many shells that have never been finished?

Every time one of these threads start the same thing is said over and over, which is the condominiums are not sold out, but you completely miss the point. Which is the builders of these buildings have covered their cost and made their profits selling the units allocated to the foreigners and everything else is gravy.

I also made the point that developers are covering their costs with the sales of the Farang quota but it still doesn't make the buildings fully sold out, you are only counting the Farang quota as saleable units which is the minor percentage.

He then came back and posted they were not all sold out, when in fact the ONLY condos he would purchase or the vast majority of people buy today ARE sold out.

So I called him out on it, so twist the facts however you wish, the only condos in the buildings he would buy were sold out.

There's no twist in facts, it was you that said that the condos that are not sold are for Thais and as we all know it is an untwisted fact that Farangs cannot own more than 49%, leaving 51% for Thais.

And you should be referring to 'the only condos in the buildings he would BE ABLE to buy were sold out' but just because he wouldn't want / is unable to buy a place doesn't make it countable as a sold unit so that you can justify your 100% sales figures. again you are only counting the Farang quota to justify your 'sold out' figures.

Edited by PattayaParent

Then why are there so many cancelled projects that never got started and so many shells that have never been finished?

Name me a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???.....also any cancelled projects...specifics please, names and places

I could just give a non specific answer as you do and say, then why are there so many sold out???

This "lights-on" (or "lights-off") test for unsold units just doesn't work. My friend at VT5-c noted that there are more "lights-on" in his building than JCC. A better test is to check the number of a/c compressors on the balconies. For a VT project, this tells you if a build-out has been completed. You will find very, very few "empty" balconies at VT5-c. Even the new VT7 building has many a/c compressors with more being added each passing day. A recent walk-through indicated it was very busy with constructions crews doing build-outs.

Name me a shell that was built in the last year and stands deserted???.....also any cancelled projects...specifics please, names and places

The Lofts Pratumnak

The Chateau (2 developments on that location) Theppraya Rd.

The place proposed opposite The Chateau.

The Sails and White sands Beach, I'm sure you know where they are.

The Twin Condo Pratumnak (Soi Kinaree)

Ocean 1

Executive Rsidence 5 Pratumnak (and the place next to it that was never started)

Executive Residence 4 at Cosy Beach

View Talay Residence 5 Pratumnak Soi 5

The Marrakesh (something like that) Pratumnak Soi 5

The condo on the corner of Pratumnak Soi 4

Suan Sawan, Jomtien Second Rd. still not completed after how many years?

The Park (ditto).

Emerald Palace at Cosy Beach

Sunrise Hill at Cosy Beach

Pratumnak Soi 5, there's 3. One started construction and stopped, 1 put up a fence and a signboard and nothing happened and 1 has a showroom and website that has not worked in the last 4 years.

There's 20 for you to be going on with without even thinking hard about it.

I could add Reflections in Jomtien, and that Indochine development that we're not allowed to talk about down on Dongtan Beach and the TW condo on Thepprasit.

Anyone else want to add to the list.

This "lights-on" (or "lights-off") test for unsold units just doesn't work. My friend at VT5-c noted that there are more "lights-on" in his building than JCC. A better test is to check the number of a/c compressors on the balconies. For a VT project, this tells you if a build-out has been completed. You will find very, very few "empty" balconies at VT5-c. Even the new VT7 building has many a/c compressors with more being added each passing day. A recent walk-through indicated it was very busy with constructions crews doing build-outs.

Curtains is a better indicator, nobody would rent / buy a place without an AC installed in it already but it's pretty easy to get curtains put up.

it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude.

BINGO!

Pattaya is full to the brim with bullsh** millionaires in their home countries but own absolutely nothing here even the motorcycle they ride on is rented, they dress like slobs and give it the big "i am" down soi new plaza its pathetic.

Everything I have ever done here involving buying property, physical Gold etc some nob head has had to say something negative when it comes up in conversation.

I have done well here with 2 off plan condos (picked the best plots on two separate develpoments both sold for a nice profit and 1 house done well there and not so well with another house but you cant win them all. I bought gold 2 years ago quite a bit and the same old crap "you will loose it all" its going to crash, i wouldnt of done that etc etc, same old toss pots who aint got nothing and never will.

If you have half a brain you can hand pick the best plots on developments if you are either as thick as shit or do not have the money to buy, you can simply slag everyone else off that has bought here as it will temporarily relive you of your self pity and worthless existence.

The Lofts Pratumnak

Ocean 1

Executive Rsidence 5 Pratumnak (and the place next to it that was never started)

The Park (ditto).

Pratumnak Soi 5, there's 3. One started construction and stopped, 1 put up a fence and a signboard and nothing happened and 1 has a showroom and website that has not worked in the last 4 years.

I could add Reflections in Jomtien, and that Indochine development that we're not allowed to talk about down on Dongtan Beach and the TW condo on Thepprasit.

Think you should take a look, as I dont think you have been up there for quite sometime old boy

it really is the 'I cant afford it so it must be crap' attitude.

BINGO!

Pattaya is full to the brim with bullsh** millionaires in their home countries but own absolutely nothing here even the motorcycle they ride on is rented, they dress like slobs and give it the big "i am" down soi new plaza its pathetic.

Everything I have ever done here involving buying property, physical Gold etc some nob head has had to say something negative when it comes up in conversation.

I have done well here with 2 off plan condos (picked the best plots on two separate develpoments both sold for a nice profit and 1 house done well there and not so well with another house but you cant win them all. I bought gold 2 years ago quite a bit and the same old crap "you will loose it all" its going to crash, i wouldnt of done that etc etc, same old toss pots who aint got nothing and never will.

If you have half a brain you can hand pick the best plots on developments if you are either as thick as shit or do not have the money to buy, you can simply slag everyone else off that has bought here as it will temporarily relive you of your self pity and worthless existence.

Good for you, hope it continues..............it really does peef me off with some of the bar stool rubbish that people come out with...They read the local rag or overhear something and suddenly that can justify them not having to spend a single satang of their miserly life savings....just another post on here above with so much incorrect info as he really hasnt gone to the area he is talking about.....or not recently anyway

The Lofts Pratumnak

Ocean 1

The Park (ditto).

Think you should take a look, as I dont think you have been up there for quite sometime old boy

Ah, another reply with no substance. Unless you really beleive The Lofts has even been started never mind completed? Ocean 1? Executive Residence 5 or View Talay Residence 5 are being lived in?

It's you that needs to take a trip up there, those are just the ones I can see from my window.