Pad Vows Not To Stand Down

Lite Beer

PAD vows not to stand down

By Sodchuen Limkriangkrai.

BANGKOK, 27 March 2011 (NNT)- PAD urges MP, Senators, and Prime Minister to clarify the impacts of the JBC meeting and will continue to rally despite House dissolution.

Maj.Gen. Chamlong Srimuang, a core leader of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) stated that the self-proclaimed National Defense Committee had drafted a document addressing the reliability of Prime Minister Abisit Vejjajiva’s speech on 25 March. Maj.Gen. Chamlong claimed that the repercussions of handing out flyers to raise public awareness would be evident if the JBC agreement came to a resolution. Furthermore, he stressed that the PAD protests would continue despite the dissolution of the House of Representatives.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-27 footer_n.gif

I guess this means a lot of standing and spinning in place  like tops or careening about bumping into things.

Mostly the latter, I think.

Typical Thai stupid stubborness. See it all the time. These people have the nouse of a piece of Tofu.

How little do we know the facts, or

how little do we care to learn the facts.

Who in the world would suffer in the sun and the rain for the benefit of a third party?

The third party which consists of a huge majority.

But this huge majority to date still prefer to remain silent and behind the scene.

This small group of gatherers have only 3 requests, all impersonal.

Their 3 requests seem to apply to every living Thai and for Thailand sovereignty itself.

They appear to date fail to ask anything for themselves, that I am able to understand.

Their 3 requests are:

1. Calling for the Thai govt to protect Thai sovereignty and every inch of Thai soil by null and void the MOU with HuSen and Cambodia;

2. Calling for the Thai govt to withdraw from participating in JBC, the entity that would redefine Thai territorial in favor of Cambodia HuSen and also would enable 6 other nations to develop and promote global tourism upon this newly redefined territorial according to 1:200,000 Cambodian proposed French designed map--causing Thailand to lose current sovereignty including immeasurable natural resources on land and sea to Cambodia HuSen;

3. Calling for the Thai govt to proceed to expel all those Cambodians currently encroaching upon Thai soil since the UNESCO and the International Red Cross petition for Thailand to allow Cambodian refugees to settle upon Thai territorial since 1980? or so, and use force if necessary.

It is a pity that most Thaivisa members are not aware of what this group of protesters really proposing for the good of the nation.

Even my 9 yr old niece could understand the 3 proposals and agree that there is nothing personal or selfish about any of those requests.

She also ask--how are we going to make the Apisit govt to protect Thailand interests immediately?

And why does the Apisit govt, on Tuesday, March 29, 2011, want the senate to endorse, accept and legalize the three past JBC meeting minute including the 1:200,000 French map, to enable JBC to subdivide up Thai sovereignty for economic interests in favor of Cambodia and other 5 nations?

Any suggestion mates? ;)

Edited by vont

@Vont, as a 'Farang' who hasn't studied the full history of the Preah Vihear region I can't form an opinion on the rights or wrongs of either Thai or Cambo claims.

Cambodians assert that the temple there was Khmer built, is that accepted by Thai people?

That aside, I'm very wary of the nationalistic attitude, because taken to the extreme it becomes fascism. It's very easy for individuals with political ambitions to push the sovereignty button and drum up support, but if you want to know where that road leads have a look at what happened in Northern Ireland, or Germany in the 1930's for example. Escalating conflict will not lead to peace, so beware of those who seek to divide rather than unite.

@Vont, as a 'Farang' who hasn't studied the full history of the Preah Vihear region I can't form an opinion on the rights or wrongs of either Thai or Cambo claims.

Cambodians assert that the temple there was Khmer built, is that accepted by Thai people?

That aside, I'm very wary of the nationalistic attitude, because taken to the extreme it becomes fascism. It's very easy for individuals with political ambitions to push the sovereignty button and drum up support, but if you want to know where that road leads have a look at what happened in Northern Ireland, or Germany in the 1930's for example. Escalating conflict will not lead to peace, so beware of those who seek to divide rather than unite.

Thx much for taking time to respond.

I think you are much more sane than myself and many others of my friends as well.

Much appreciated. :jap:

Thx much for taking time to respond.

I think you are much more sane than myself and many others of my friends as well.

Much appreciated. :jap:

Thank you Vort, and you are very welcome.

I see that you are a good person, because you care about what is good for your people.

I honour you for that.

Ordinary Thai people face many challenges in life, and so do ordinary Cambodian people.

The average Thai is more than four times richer than the average Cambodian.

If there was a war, Thailand would obviously win.

You know what the Cambodian people suffered under Pol Pot, do Thai people really want to rain death and destruction on their heads again?

Obviously not, from what I have seen it is not the Thai way to make problems worse, and Cambodian people already have enough problems too.

If the conflict escalates, it is the ordinary people on both sides who would suffer, just a few politicians and foreign weapon manufacturers would smile and gain power and money.

You could ask your friends, if all those sovereignty issues had been solved yesterday, what are the biggest problems that ordinary Thai people have in their lives?

The answers are predictable, it is trying to get good education, jobs with fair pay, safe healthy living conditions, and healthcare in old age. It's no surprise that ordinary people all over the world want the same basic things in life, to raise our families in peace, happiness, and prosperity.

From my foreign perspective, it looks like the yellow shirts have just become too focussed on one issue, at the expense of all the other important things in life. The red shirts seem to have fallen into a trap too, because no good will come from dividing Thai society, in a conflict between rich and poor. For every rich man they could put in a prison, there are a thousand people waiting to take his place. Instead, the poor can learn a lot from the rich, and organise to help each other to improve their lives each month.

We are all stuck on this little planet together. We don't need more fists of fury, we need more hands of friendship, then progress will happen slowly but surely - ฝนทั่งให้เป็นเข็มนะ...

:jap:

From my foreign perspective, it looks like the yellow shirts have just become too focussed on one issue, at the expense of all the other important things in life. The red shirts seem to have fallen into a trap too, because no good will come from dividing Thai society, in a conflict between rich and poor. For every rich man they could put in a prison, there are a thousand people waiting to take his place. Instead, the poor can learn a lot from the rich, and organise to help each other to improve their lives each month.

We are all stuck on this little planet together. We don't need more fists of fury, we need more hands of friendship, then progress will happen slowly but surely - ฝนทั่งให้เป็นเข็มนะ...

:jap:

Well said! Despite the popular impression in the world's press that Thai people fall into either coloured shirt, I still believe the majority fall somewhere in the middle and yearn for some peaceful unity. No doubt many Thais were impressed by the unity and determination shown by the Japanese during the tsunami aftermath and it is something I am hoping to see in Thailand one day (minus the tsunami and earthquake, of course!)

Sorry for going off topic here...

Well said! Despite the popular impression in the world's press that Thai people fall into either coloured shirt, I still believe the majority fall somewhere in the middle and yearn for some peaceful unity. No doubt many Thais were impressed by the unity and determination shown by the Japanese during the tsunami aftermath and it is something I am hoping to see in Thailand one day (minus the tsunami and earthquake, of course!)

"I still believe the majority fall somewhere in the middle"

A recent Asia Foundation poll shows exactly that. TVF thread here