Indian men set teenage girl on fire for resisting gang rape

News_Editor

Indian men set teenage girl on fire for resisting gang rape

2011-03-28 17:30:23 GMT+7 (ICT)

LUCKNOW, INDIA (BNO NEWS) -- A teenage girl was reportedly set on fire on Friday for resisting against a gang rape in northern India, local media reported on Monday. She died on Sunday.

The Indo-Asian News Service (IANS) reported that the incident happened on Friday in Dhansauli village of Badaun district in Uttar Pradesh state when four men tried to rape a 16-year-old girl. She was set on fire when she resisted.

"Though the incident took place a few days ago, it was reported to us on Sunday night when the victim's family approached us to register a case against the four accused," police inspector Jameel Mohammad said on Monday, according to IANS.

Mohammad said the victim's father alleged that 25-year-old Tilak Singh and three of his friends had tried to rape his daughter on Friday. "After failing in the attempt the four set her on fire and escaped," the police inspector said. The girl died of her severe burn injuries on Sunday evening.

Police carried out several raids in Badaun district on early Monday morning but have not yet located the four men. An investigation continues.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-28

That is a digusting thing to do to a person. What possesses people to do such terrible things?

Well, without having met these 4 accused, I have a pretty good idea.

Have you been to India, particularly the rural areas? it might help with understanding why.

Women do not have an easy time in those places.

That is a digusting thing to do to a person. What possesses people to do such terrible things?

Have you been to India, particularly the rural areas? it might help with understanding why.

It don't happen only in rural areas in India.

Unfortunately, this is not that uncommon a type of occurrence in many places in the world.

RIP young woman.

An absolutely disgusting deed.

Hopefully this attracts more comments than than the thread on the dead dog in Pattaya...

No. Never been to India. Obviously I have heard a lot about the place. It seems that it is one of those, you either love it or hate it, places. And reading story such as this is only more food for thought towards me never wanting to go there. Getting virtually attacked by Indian suit makers trying to tell me suits as I walk the streets in Hong Kong had already turned me off them a little.B)