Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

They look great at the Melbourne motor show.

The prices were released for Australia at the show, 50K for the XLT and 55K for the Wildtrak. I'm not too sure what these would convert to in Thai, they were never similarly priced before.blink.gif

It's still looking like we won't see the Ranger available in showrooms here until October annoyed.gif - this is what I can take from the posts from Australian forums and on Facebook.sad.gif

It looks like Ford are set to launch in Australia in Sep/Oct, then Thailand shortly after.ohmy.gif

You can't draw any conclusions on Thai availability from posts related to the AU market ;)

The TH launch of the new Ranger will be targetted directly towards the launch of the facelifted VIGO range - expect a full-on media assault when the time comes..

A direct quote taken from Ford Ranger (Global) on Facebook today:

At the moment, the all-new Ford Ranger is expected to go on sale in Australia around September/October. Australia will be the first market to sell the all-new Ranger and, as such, production of the first cars has commenced.blink.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A direct quote taken from Ford Ranger (Global) on Facebook today:

At the moment, the all-new Ford Ranger is expected to go on sale in Australia around September/October. Australia will be the first market to sell the all-new Ranger and, as such, production of the first cars has commenced.blink.gif

Sounds about right - AU will not be the first country with demo models and the ability to place an order though.. You can make Thai's wait 3-6 months for car, but in Western markets the tolerance for delivery-from-order is usually only 2-3 weeks for mainstream brands, with 6 weeks typically being the upper threshold of Western consumer patience..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

A new pic of the Explorer, as we already mentioned it on this topic.

post-80555-0-48083300-1309955349_thumb.j

This has been on sale in the US for several months now - but yes, its' clearly evident that the T6 Ranger shares similar lines, and the T6 based Everest (next year) should share a lot of similarties with the US Explorer.. except for the engines and chassis of course ;)

A full 360 view of the new Ranger.

post-80555-0-81379300-1310007239_thumb.j

post-80555-0-63034800-1310007240_thumb.j

post-80555-0-33481400-1310007241_thumb.j

post-80555-0-06670400-1310007242_thumb.j

post-80555-0-73613300-1310007242_thumb.j

post-80555-0-82301900-1310007243_thumb.j

post-80555-0-50064100-1310007244_thumb.j

post-80555-0-24253800-1310007245_thumb.j

post-80555-0-00200800-1310007246_thumb.j

post-80555-0-66193700-1310007246_thumb.j

post-80555-0-67512400-1310007349_thumb.j

post-80555-0-36389900-1310007350_thumb.j

Looks like a Vigo. ;)

they dont make Vigo in red with 3,2L 260 hp 5 pot and 6 speed auto :)

But LOOKS like a Vigo. Sure Ford have looked at the market leader and upped the anti with the numbers. :D

First time I saw Vigo back in 2004 I was passing a Toyota dealer at 150 kmh and thought it was a Ford150 :rolleyes: ., Next U turn, went back, spendt 10 minutes inspecting it, no test drive needed, and placed an order. My CRV was 12 months old

Now, silly old cow, has placed an order on Ranger in red before inspecting it :rolleyes:

First time I saw Vigo back in 2004 I was passing a Toyota dealer at 150 kmh and thought it was a Ford150 :rolleyes: ., Next U turn, went back, spendt 10 minutes inspecting it, no test drive needed, and placed an order. My CRV was 12 months old

Now, silly old cow, has placed an order on Ranger in red before inspecting it :rolleyes:

Your lady ? :lol:

no, just not english, neither of us :D

But LOOKS like a Vigo. Sure Ford have looked at the market leader and upped the anti with the numbers. :D

Absolutely agree - the soft egdes and basic profile on the T6 are a huge nod to the VIGO IMHO, and it's clear that every time they say "market leading" this or that, the reference point is the VIGO.. If it were the Triton they're referring to, in many cases they'd be lying ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Called Ford Pattaya, they said book now then get by the end of Jan.

I was at Ford Pattaya yesterday and asked them about the new Ranger, they said that they accept bookings now, the first one will come in October and if i book now i could have one delivered at the end of October.

Heard the sales lady talking to a few thai guys and she said there would new Rangers available next month.

Looks like they have no idea when the new Ranger is really coming and just say something.

Called Ford Pattaya, they said book now then get by the end of Jan.

I went into Ford Pattaya 1 week ago and sales people claimed there is not Ford Ranger model at all, only the Wildtrack.

After showing them their own website on my iphone, they then claimed Ranger is the same as Wildtrack.

So i had to ask why the prices were different and what was different.

Answer was not different, same same. Nothing in regards to price.

Could not test drive Wildtrack at all. the show model they had looked ok from the outside, but was really :bah: crappy inside. I am not a big guy but could hardly fit into narrow tiny seats. It reminded me of Tata, just double the price.

My local Ford dealer has finally came back to me with news!blink.gif

All the managers of southern Ford branches are meeting in Phuket next week to receive all the details on the new Ranger.biggrin.gif

all toyota needs to do is update a few things and they will be on par with the ford ranger... that is looking similar to the Vigo.. so if toyota up rated their engines then Ford will be doing some catching up again.. after all the Vigo had been out a few years..then Ford comes out with a new pickup.. that can be mistaken for a vigo.. what that says for me is that toyota had been ahead all this time..

i wonder if a DMax is on the works that be be as big as the Vigo and ranger.

all toyota needs to do is update a few things and they will be on par with the ford ranger... that is looking similar to the Vigo.. so if toyota up rated their engines then Ford will be doing some catching up again.. after all the Vigo had been out a few years..then Ford comes out with a new pickup.. that can be mistaken for a vigo.. what that says for me is that toyota had been ahead all this time..

Toyota does not need to do anything, because Ford is hardly a competition being 5th selling brand.

Also Ford is hardly a competition because it does not hold its value and is VERY hard to sell, unless willing to really drop the price.

Ford may get a few more customers with a new Truck providing they have "cheaper" price and actually have cars for test drive, but in my opinion, they will do what they have been doing-which is nothing.

In my recent experience, even Ford did not have a test drive car, so how are they going to sell it when people can not even test drive it

you didnt know testdrive cars were for whiny farangs and for employes to do errands?

The thai way is to look at what people better than you are driving, buy it and put more chrome. get out if you dont like it

in case you didnt notice i was just doing the part of the average old poster

I think Toyota are reasonably safe until 2014 when the next model arrives - these new models won't start to have a major impact on market share for 12-48 months, and it will more than likely be Isuzu that bears the majority of the brunt when that happens.

And yes, the new Isuzu pickup will be bigger than the current model and the VIGO - it will be based on the GMI-700 (Chev Colorado) platform, so will be similar in size to the T6 Ranger. Apparently it will not be using the new Chev/VM-Motori engines though - word is they'll be simply tweaking the existing 2.5L and 3.0L engines.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

<br />
<br />all toyota needs to do is update a few things and they will be on par with the ford ranger... that is looking similar to the Vigo.. so if toyota up rated their engines then Ford will be doing some catching up again.. after all the Vigo had been out a few years..then Ford comes out with a new pickup.. that can be mistaken for a vigo.. what that says for me is that toyota had been ahead all this time.. <br /><br />i wonder if a DMax is on the works that be be as big as the Vigo and ranger.<br />
<br /><br />Toyota does not need to do anything, because Ford is hardly a competition being  5th selling brand.<br />Also Ford is hardly a competition because it does not hold its value and is VERY hard to sell, unless willing to really drop the price. <br /><br />Ford may get a few more customers with a new Truck providing they have "cheaper" price and actually have cars for test drive, but in my opinion, they will do what they have been doing-which is nothing.<br /><br />In my recent experience, even Ford did not have a test drive car, so how are they going to sell it when people can not even test drive it<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What's al the crap about "test drive, test drive, test drive" what, are you twelve years old and never driven a truck? And all the crap about salespeople, jeeeeez, all the information you need is on the internet and can be googled BEFORE you go to the dealership. You sound like a glorified tire kicker that just wants people to bow in your presence because you are going to spend money. Grow up! Buy the car/truck that you want and go home and enjoy it. Who gives a crap about the sales people anyway, if you know what you want, buy it! If you don't, google it! And just as you said about the plate fees you wanted waived, if it was so cheap, why did it bother you? Nope, you just wanted to try to make someone feel like shit, but guess what, the salespeople don't give a shit about YOU! They didn't lose a sell, YOU LOST WHAT YOU WANTED!. There are plenty more that actually WANT TO buy a car where you came from. What a whiner! Sorry if I sound gruff, just people that whine and pout like children piss me off sometimes.

<br />
<br />all toyota needs to do is update a few things and they will be on par with the ford ranger... that is looking similar to the Vigo.. so if toyota up rated their engines then Ford will be doing some catching up again.. after all the Vigo had been out a few years..then Ford comes out with a new pickup.. that can be mistaken for a vigo.. what that says for me is that toyota had been ahead all this time.. <br /><br />i wonder if a DMax is on the works that be be as big as the Vigo and ranger.<br />
<br /><br />Toyota does not need to do anything, because Ford is hardly a competition being 5th selling brand.<br />Also Ford is hardly a competition because it does not hold its value and is VERY hard to sell, unless willing to really drop the price. <br /><br />Ford may get a few more customers with a new Truck providing they have "cheaper" price and actually have cars for test drive, but in my opinion, they will do what they have been doing-which is nothing.<br /><br />In my recent experience, even Ford did not have a test drive car, so how are they going to sell it when people can not even test drive it<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What's al the crap about "test drive, test drive, test drive" what, are you twelve years old and never driven a truck? And all the crap about salespeople, jeeeeez, all the information you need is on the internet and can be googled BEFORE you go to the dealership. You sound like a glorified tire kicker that just wants people to bow in your presence because you are going to spend money. Grow up! Buy the car/truck that you want and go home and enjoy it. Who gives a crap about the sales people anyway, if you know what you want, buy it! If you don't, google it! And just as you said about the plate fees you wanted waived, if it was so cheap, why did it bother you? Nope, you just wanted to try to make someone feel like shit, but guess what, the salespeople don't give a shit about YOU! They didn't lose a sell, YOU LOST WHAT YOU WANTED!. There are plenty more that actually WANT TO buy a car where you came from. What a whiner! Sorry if I sound gruff, just people that whine and pout like children piss me off sometimes.

No you do not sound like a gruff at all, you sound more like someone who never bought a new car or even a decent car.

Someone with hardly any self respect or ability to comprehend basics.

But that is also ok, as they say horses for causes ;)

<br />
<br /><br />Toyota does not need to do anything, because Ford is hardly a competition being 5th selling brand.<br />Also Ford is hardly a competition because it does not hold its value and is VERY hard to sell, unless willing to really drop the price. <br /><br />Ford may get a few more customers with a new Truck providing they have "cheaper" price and actually have cars for test drive, but in my opinion, they will do what they have been doing-which is nothing.<br /><br />In my recent experience, even Ford did not have a test drive car, so how are they going to sell it when people can not even test drive it<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You would buy a car without ''feeling'' the ride first ? Internet for the feel of a ride :rolleyes:,

let me guess, your lady is off the Internet. :lol:

i do not think he ever sat inside a new car to know the difference.

I have a 2011 Toyota Vigo from the Toyota dealer on the 4th floor of Central Rama 3 in Bangkok. Bought it from Khun Mam. Super lady. I want some fish and a mail order wife, can you send pics. he he. Nah, I just loathe whiners and tire kickers :)

Shame this thread is not about what you "have":rolleyes: or what you loathe :blink: