Top Posters In This Topic

had a look at the new ranger in sakon nakhon last week

red auto and blue manual gear

seats, interior looked cheap

doors closed with a cheap tin sound

think my vigo champ prerunner look and feel better

edit: unable to upload picture

http://www.facebook....=1&l=336508bb18

That's funny! If you like the beige interior of the Vigo over the modern grey of the Ranger that is your personal taste but the cheap tin sound of the doors is so wrong, they close with a solid and heavy clunk.

The 4dr Ranger I am now driving was on show at our local Big C together with a Vigo Chump and new D-Max, guess which one was getting the most attention?

Isn't the 4 door hi-rider prerunner over a hundred grand more expensive though?

You're not actually buying the "my Hilux is better than a Ranger" line are you? wink.png

while I loved my 3 x Vigo 3,0 4x4auto 4 doors in G trim, and found them best of the lot at each purchase 2004, 2006 and 2009, I now find them dated compared to Ranger, BT50, Colorado, and even Triton on engine/auto.

Each model has its peak time, Vigo is now OTT. I am sure they will be backcowboy.gif

as Toyota and BMW got engaged a few months back, I wonder if IMV2 will get BMW 3,0 diesel and ZFauto in 2014, or if this is to soon and expensive. Toyotas main reason for wanting BMW was diesel tech, BMW wanted hybridtech and inexpensive manufactoring techs from Toyota

as Toyota and BMW got engaged a few months back, I wonder if IMV2 will get BMW 3,0 diesel and ZFauto in 2014, or if this is to soon and expensive. Toyotas main reason for wanting BMW was diesel tech, BMW wanted hybridtech and inexpensive manufactoring techs from Toyota

Highly unlikley I'm afraid. The deal with BMW is for the supply of lower-capacity (1.4L - 2.0L) diesel engines for some selected EU models only. As you're aware, Toyota have fairly low market share in EU, and they don't have any competitive low capacity diesels, so it's difficult to make a business case... The BMW deal fills a gap.

BMW are great at making awesome high capacity diesels, but they're just too expensive for what Toyota needs. Toyota on the other hand, do a great job of making a low-cost higher capacity diesel, and a massive IP investment they can now build upon cheaply.

I expect we'll see the 'uprated' 1KD-FTV (i.e. the 190HP/410Nm version) used in the IMV2 Hilux for the first year or two after it's release - then we'll see Toyota's next-gen diesels in a 'major minor change' sometime around 2015-2016. Either that, or Toyota have a secret engine in dev that we'll see sometime in the next 18 months ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Spoke to the girls at the dealership near me today concerning accessories. They weren't too sure even what came as standard on the XLT (I think I may have had a better idea than some of them), and when we asked about prices they disappeared for 30 minutes, only to return with a web page printout and a hastily drawn up table of some rough estimates.

I wasn't too happy with this service so called up the Silom dealership (I thought Bangkok dealerships were likely to have a better idea of what is going on) and they said that most of the accessories are not available in Thailand right now and won't be for at least another 4 months.

Though when I asked about a boot liner, he said they have them in Silom (the chachoengsao branch said they would try and find one for us, lucky merolleyes.gif )...

Nice color.

I wonder why its for sale? I will assume its used but no xxxx km mentioned.

Because the people selling it are a Ford Dealer?

Its Brand New, they are just using One2Car as Free Advertising.

FORD NEW ERA SALES

Tel: 086-351-8922, 086-351-8922, 089-112-5882,

89/89 หมู่5 ถนนศรีนครินทร์ บางเมือง เมืองสมุทรปราการ สมุทรปราการ 10540

ศูนย์รถยนต์

FAX: 0-2703-1090

Ford NewEra Sales

ตัวแทนจำหน่ายรถยนต์ฟอร์ดอย่างเป็นทางการ พร้อมศูนย์บริการครบวงจร

ศูนย์มาตรฐานใหญ่ที่สุดในจังหวัดสมุทรปราการ

ฝ่ายขาย : 086-351-8922

ขอรับใบเสนอราคาได้ที่

อีเมล : [email protected]

From what I've been reading, no "public Wildtraks" have been delivered. I think you'll find that was a press car, that review has been out over a month.

I'm translating Thai back to English which doesn't always work. There's issues with QC of certain parts, that's what the gossip is leading us to believe.

Edited by stefan2519

From what I've been reading, no "public Wildtraks" have been delivered. I think you'll find that was a press car, that review has been out over a month.

I'm translating Thai back to English which doesn't always work. There's issues with QC of certain parts, that's what the gossip is leading us to believe.

My apologies. But it did come up on "last 24hrs" google search. And the red plate misled me...

Has anybody had one delivered with liner included yet?

Has anybody had one delivered with liner included yet?

No, had mine about 1mnth and still no liner. Said they weren't ready when picked it up and no phone call yet to say it is ready.

Though when I asked about a boot liner, he said they have them in Silom

smile.png

Picture supposedly taken yesterday in Rayong.

I'm not sure if they're 3.2s or 2.2s but I hope there's a black 2.2 in there somewhere!drunk.gifclap2.gif

post-80555-0-84372100-1328078475_thumb.j

The Udon dealer who said the Aurora Blue one I wanted would be delivered in about a month just called and says he has a True Red one available today if I want it. So, I guess when they finish the red paint, the next batch will be....

So, there are no downsides to fitting a racechip?... cool. At only 129 Euros they are literally cheap as chips.... everyone should have one! smile.png

I already have one, just waiting for a 3,2 to be delivered to install itintheclub.gif

So there's no racechip for the 2.2 then? That website has a 2.5 listed so assume that's another, older donger?