Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Right...

GETTING A REFUND!

Just got a lovely letter from Ford Thailand.

Came with a free t-shirt that will fit a 16yr old but not me.

Seems I am a priority blah blah JANUARY 2013!!

Since the world is ending in Dec on the 20th I think I may pass on the offer.

Ordered Jan delivery 1 year... I think a custom Rolls Royce would arrive faster!!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...

GETTING A REFUND!

Ordered Jan delivery 1 year... I think a custom Rolls Royce would arrive faster!!!

What Ranger did you have on order ?

Just had my t-shirt today ordered my 3.2 Wildtrak in March & told January next year as well to late for me I need it no later than November.

Think I will be going for a refund and see what else is available.

The 2.2 XLT just turned 7000km in Bandung last night... special moment so I treated her to the equivalent of a spa for cars today... 1200 baht and she looks ravishing again!

The bulk of those kilometers were on 3 round-trips from darkest Isaan to the Big Mango and Sin City. All in all, no complaints and I have learned that driving with no plates or red plates in daylight or darkness makes absolutely no difference to whether you will be pulled over or waived through. The key factor is the cops PAY DAY!

I also learned that driving during a national holiday is AWESOME! The quickest door-to-door trip was on a Monday when everyone was skiving off... even the cops.

The only problem I have is... THE SQUEAK. Somewhere deep inside the driver's seat, there is a piece of untrimmed, unpainted moving steel that is scraping against another piece of fixed steel. I can stand outside the car and pound and shake the bejezus out of the seat and it is silent. The 40 kg significant other can sit in the seat and drive and it is silent. When I embed my 110 kg frame in there it is also silent.... until I do about a dozen km's and then it starts. Only on certain bumps and not always on the most severe bumps. Just when it bloody feels like it! I could go on a diet and lose some weight but that is neither here nor there.

I know I will take it to the dealer for the 15000 km service and ask them to check and they will drive it around (all 40-50 kg of them) and hear nothing. Then they will clart the slides with grease (it aint the slides) and give it back to me. Then, just as the Ford sign disappears in my rear-view mirror..... SQUEAK!

I wonder how much a new drivers seat costs? Or maybe I will order my 3.2 now.

Edited by NanLaew

Is that the only reason you consider upgrading? I think another poser also want the 3.2 WT.

Several posters here says the 2.2 got enough power, anybody feels it is under powered? I am not planning of hauling pineapples and almost 200 k bath more and increased fuel consumption keeps me off ordering the 3.2, also no need for 4WD.

I had 4 zone parking sensors included in the deal when i bought my new XLT in January. The Ford Dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle, supplied and fitted them next day

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi Kabinretiree,

That's what I've been waiting to hear.

I'll be off to the dealer this weekend to tell them to get it sorted.

The boss refuses to drive it without them. Although, that isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it's nice to be chauffeured about, or picked up. rolleyes.gif

Is that the only reason you consider upgrading? I think another poser also want the 3.2 WT.

Several posters here says the 2.2 got enough power, anybody feels it is under powered? I am not planning of hauling pineapples and almost 200 k bath more and increased fuel consumption keeps me off ordering the 3.2, also no need for 4WD.

No.... I never use emoticons.

I was originally thinking about upping to the 3.2 after I had thrashed this one for a year or so but as you say, the 2.2 power and the AT setup is more than adequate for good town and highway driving. I have no plans to haul pineapples, pigs or anything on a trailer on and off the farm so the 4x4 would also be an extravagance. Thus, I will probably stick with this one.

....but that SQUEAK!!!!

I had 4 zone parking sensors included in the deal when i bought my new XLT in January. The Ford Dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle, supplied and fitted them next day

Nice to know. Is this just a beeping alert (longer beeps as the gap decreases) or is it the Full Monty with a rear-view camera display integrated in the rear-view mirror?

I was originally thinking about upping to the 3.2 after I had thrashed this one for a year or so but as you say, the 2.2 power and the AT setup is more than adequate for good town and highway driving. I have no plans to haul pineapples, pigs or anything on a trailer on and off the farm so the 4x4 would also be an extravagance. Thus, I will probably stick with this one.

....but that SQUEAK!!!!

I like this truck and if i consider buying a new one this would be my choice, but my concern is last week in khionkaen i saw a red one 4 door on the side of the road with its bonnet up and a lady on the side of the road on her mobile, maybe it was that dreaded SQUEAK? or if another problem not a good sign for a new truck, or maybe it is only the red ones, your's is not red is it?.

....but that SQUEAK!!!!

I like this truck and if i consider buying a new one this would be my choice, but my concern is last week in khionkaen i saw a red one 4 door on the side of the road with its bonnet up and a lady on the side of the road on her mobile, maybe it was that dreaded SQUEAK? or if another problem not a good sign for a new truck, or maybe it is only the red ones, your's is not red is it?.

Maybe she just hit a dog and had radiator troubles.

Well it was the high model and was in the city itself, not to many dogs to hit, maybe i should have pulled over and asked what was the problem, but maybe she did not realize you need to put fuel in the tank.biggrin.png

Well it was the high model and was in the city itself, not to many dogs to hit, maybe i should have pulled over and asked what was the problem, but maybe she did not realize you need to put fuel in the tank.biggrin.png

I actually know of a women that put the wrong type of fuel in her vehicle. It shocks me that her and the filling station did not know the difference between diesel and benzine/gasoline.

Edited by gosompoi

I actually know of a women that put the wrong type of fuel in her vehicle. It shocks me that her and the filling station did not know the difference between diesel and benzine/gasoline.

I never noticed here but...In the States a diesel hose will not fit in a benzine/gas tank opening

Or what that the other way around? :)

It was yesterday while waiting for my daughter to finish her horse riding lesson,the fire-truck-red Ranger pulled up and parked right next to my car,which gave me a great opportunity to look and compare...since I'm on the waiting list for a new Ranger.

I was really getting inpatient in this long wait,but now I feel a little better looking at those two cars together...my Audi,even quite old,is still an Audi(!) and the Ranger is still...well,it's a pickupwink.png ...I still get a pleasure from driving my Audi,but I don't think it will be the same in the truck...Unfortunately I can't keep two cars so...the Audi is still for sale...and if i get the Ranger,it will not be red in color tongue.png ...for sure..

post-60959-0-02291100-1340978733_thumb.j

Right...

GETTING A REFUND!

What Ranger did you have on order ?

I ordered a 2.2 Wildtrack, any colour now would do.

But I might have to go for an XLT as I have spent the last few days checking out the competition and it sucks.

I just read a test of the 2.2 in a Danish newspaper and the tester are quite impressed with it and says more than enough power, top speed 175 km/h, 0-100= 12.3 sec., average fuel cons.= 11.8 km/l, price in DK 1.49 mil bath ( 4WD, 4door, manual transmission).

He also says that the Ranger together with the VW Amarok are THE pick-ups for the rest to catch up with.

Price for topmodel 3.2 Wildtrack an eye watering 3.84 mill bath (white plates), so I am not complaining about car prices here in LOSsmile.png

http://b.bilen.dk/te...rbejdet-kalder/

Edited by guzzi850m2

Price for topmodel 3.2 Wildtrack an eye watering 3.84 mill bath (white plates), so I am not complaining about car prices here in LOSsmile.png

Yep it would make my eyes water too if I had to hand over 3.84 mill bath's.

ph34r.png

I just read a test of the 2.2 in a Danish newspaper and the tester are quite impressed with it and says more than enough power, top speed 175 km/h, 0-100= 12.3 sec., average fuel cons.= 11.8 km/l, price in DK 1.49 mil bath ( 4WD, 4door, manual transmission).

He also says that the Ranger together with the VW Amarok are THE pick-ups for the rest to catch up with.

Autos are also quicker than the manuals, based on what figures I've seen so far for the current pickups in LOS.

Autos are also quicker than the manuals, based on what figures I've seen so far for the current pickups in LOS.

Yes, but who needs to mess with all those gear changes in Thailand's traffic, city and country?

What is even a bigger disappointment is there being no protection right on the lip of the tail gate.

I stuck some 3M tap over it and up until Saturday it was doing fine with small scrapes.

I did a nice gauge right on the corner, about 2 to 3mm deep.sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

I received my wild track 3.2lt auto 2 weeks ago booked it nearly a year ago when they were first launched.

Awesome truck but disappointed that it doesn't come with a GPS & roll top for the back.

I'm based in Phuket.

What has your fuel consumption been averaging?

So I went to the ford dealer and asked to transfer from Wildtrack (6 months now) to XLT.

OK 3 months wait, no date.

So I said that's not good enough. I want a date not a vague 3 months.

So they have until Friday to reply with a more accurate date.

Meanwhile Mazda can get me an auto in August. SO THEY SAID!

Sent from someplace that is near a wifi point!

So I went to the ford dealer and asked to transfer from Wildtrack (6 months now) to XLT.

Your dealer will not be able to give you that info.

They're all kept in the dark from Ford HQ.

If I was you, I'd fire some emails off straight away, then you'll get answers straight from the horses mouth.

Peter Fleet: [email protected]

Ford Thailand:

VP ford Thailand:

Service Operations Director, Ford ASEAN:

Edited by stefan2519

Mazda BT50 Pro auto 4 door August delivery... apparently, and thats without waiting 6 months on a model that is still 6 months away from delivery.

Mazda seem to be more co-operative than Ford. But of course it could all be dealer B.S.

Mazda BT50 Pro auto 4 door August delivery... apparently, and thats without waiting 6 months on a model that is still 6 months away from delivery.

Mazda seem to be more co-operative than Ford. But of course it could all be dealer B.S.

Or Mazda can't find an export market for the BT50? laugh.png

Edited by MESmith