Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Does anyone know the current ford (Tisco, isn't it?) interest rates for the car loan on 25/30% down for the ranger?

Mine is 2.45% with 20% down, payments over 48 months.

Edited by Spoonman

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the current ford (Tisco, isn't it?) interest rates for the car loan on 25/30% down for the ranger?

Mine is 2.45% with 20% down, payments over 48 months.

Thanks...I assumed these are fixed rates and not open to negotiation?

Just noticed a price increase on ford website, at least for the Double Cab 2.2L Hi-rider XLT Auto 809K (price I am paying as of a few weeks ago) to 819K - demand vs supply?

Good! I know I'm being selfish but I'll probably be selling mine early next year so I can ask for more.

Moonriver used to say it's negotiable, but I tried my hardest and they wouldn't budge.

Also, can an OP please tell me how to sort out the quote system, it double quotes every time on me!

Just press 'quote' once, works for me.

I negotiated a lower interest rate for my Mazda, with the reasoning: the rates you're giving are for a lower deposit than mine. I'm giving a higher deposit so my interest rate should be lower. I did receive .1% lower rate.

Moonriver used to say it's negotiable, but I tried my hardest and they wouldn't budge.

Also, can an OP please tell me how to sort out the quote system, it double quotes every time on me!

I negotiated a lower interest rate for my Mazda, with the reasoning: the rates you're giving are for a lower deposit than mine. I'm giving a higher deposit so my interest rate should be lower. I did receive .1% lower rate.

I was the same but they weren't having any of it.

Also, I pressed it once!

i negotiated a lower rate for my isuzu - first ask to se all the rates with all the banks and financing companies, don't just take the one they give you.By switching to SCB I got a lower rate than their goto financing company then phoning the bank who have my records for many years was able to get an even cheaper rate.

i negotiated a lower rate for my isuzu - first ask to se all the rates with all the banks and financing companies, don't just take the one they give you.By switching to SCB I got a lower rate than their goto financing company then phoning the bank who have my records for many years was able to get an even cheaper rate.

I could try SCB as we have a very large house mortgage with them (30K + a month). Seems its best to shop around!

I could try SCB as we have a very large house mortgage with them (30K + a month). Seems its best to shop around!

worth a shot, we asked Isuzu who else do you do finance with and what's the rate and once we saw SCB was cheaper we got onto them and our mortgage as our mortgage was with them and my wife's car (all paid up) the rate was reduced even further - obviously this doesn't make Isuzu's guys happy!

Well, I played the game of quotes with the dealers. And in one place of the same brand, the dealers tried to give me 2.25 %, whereas in another, they were offering 1.99 % (with SCB). You must be pushy and hard with them, as part of their income is made of commissions on finance.

Except Ford only except free insurance through Tisco, so not a lot of choice with them.

I tried offering 35% down and they still wouldn't budge.

Although, I did negotiate way before production started.

Except Ford only except free insurance through Tisco, so not a lot of choice with them.

I tried offering 35% down and they still wouldn't budge.

Although, I did negotiate way before production started.

We were able to negotiate the free insurance into a cash discount. I was much happier with 1.49% and not all first class insurance coverage is the same. Always check how much personal injury cover you get and how much for hitting a person and damaging a structure/building. Might indicate why it's alleged that Thais will reverse back over a body to finish the job!

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Might indicate why it's alleged that Thais will reverse back over a body to finish the job!

That is worldwide. A dead person is much, much cheaper than a disabled one.

Luckily I got my ex- with one clean hit, but I digress....

New Topics: Chips & Wheels

I was reading another thread where a guy installed a race chip in his Mu7. Are these available in Thailand for the new Ranger?

Looking the racechip.de website, there are 3 chips available for the 2.2TDCi plant and depending on how much more oomph you want (or how much the wife gives me), they cost the equivalent of B4950, B8770 and the eye-watering B18,350. Has anyone chipped their new Ranger yet or have plans to?

What’s the biggest tire that can safely be fitted to the rims as fitted to the XLT (not Wildtrak). I still have the factory treads but wondering what can be fitted that won’t rub on the underpinnings, needs a suspension hike or need mudguards trimmed, etc.. I do 90% highway but do thrash about on the farm for the remainder so not needing anything ‘agricultural’ or off-road, just something that looks suitably macho…. and isn’t excessively noisy on regular pavement.

Thanks,

NL

Edited by NanLaew

I was reading another thread where a guy installed a race chip in his Mu7. Are these available in Thailand for the new Ranger?

Looking the racechip.de website, there are 3 chips available for the 2.2TDCi plant and depending on how much more oomph you want (or how much the wife gives me), they cost the equivalent of B4950, B8770 and the eye-watering B18,350. Has anyone chipped their new Ranger yet or have plans to?

What’s the biggest tire that can safely be fitted to the rims as fitted to the XLT (not Wildtrak). I still have the factory treads but wondering what can be fitted that won’t rub on the underpinnings, needs a suspension hike or need mudguards trimmed, etc.. I do 90% highway but do thrash about on the farm for the remainder so not needing anything ‘agricultural’ or off-road, just something that looks suitably macho…. and isn’t excessively noisy on regular pavement.

Thanks,

NL

Upto 24's is possible but better not take one of the giant holes on the road as it would cost you your very expensive tyres and rims . 22's are better and do look great ( when you have the right type ) , but again , rubber wall is still not great , but i can imagine taking some deep potholes allready .

20's are standard upgrade rims as they give the best looks vs price vs performance . Size there you are looking at is 265/50/20 or 275/50/20 .

Personally I like the look of big MT / AT tires and a moderate body lift, rather than but diameter wheels which will worsen the ride quality. I think I'd go 20" max to keep some ride quality. I saw some 24" on a ranger but they look silly.

Old Man Emu have a lift kit here; saw it advertised on the newrangerclub website. I guess the cost would be 40-50k baht. The lift looks to be about 2" or so.

Hi Can any one tell me please are Ford still taking orders for WT 3.2? If so when is the proposed delve.date in 2013. Its just

my mother in law has told me ( I am living in Europe) that the order book is closed for 2012 and that they might be taking

orders in 2013 and she would have to wait till than. Its just a mate living in Bangkok told me that his friend ordered one there and

was told that that delv.would be late Feb. does any one have up to date information on this please. Thanks in advance. CC

Hi Can any one tell me please are Ford still taking orders for WT 3.2? If so when is the proposed delve.date in 2013. Its just

my mother in law has told me ( I am living in Europe) that the order book is closed for 2012 and that they might be taking

orders in 2013 and she would have to wait till than. Its just a mate living in Bangkok told me that his friend ordered one there and

was told that that delv.would be late Feb. does any one have up to date information on this please. Thanks in advance. CC

If you would have looked at other posts in this thread, especially the more recent ones, you would have seen that Ford is not gtaking any orders now. Your mother in law is right.

Little rumor that seems to be doing the rounds,

It seems that when the books do start back up, the 2.2 Wildtrak will not be on it.

Everything I've read seems to be just word of mouth, it seems stem from the fact that Malaysia and Indonesia will not get the 2.2 Wildtrak either.

In Aus, 3.2 XLTs seem to be flowing well now, with dealers actually having models in the lot.

Aus is still very thin on Wildtraks though.

There seems to be more Wildtraks hitting Europe than anywhere else, but they do come from another plant.

All speculation aside, it be interesting to know the real reason of the Asian Wildtrak demise but doubt that will happen!

At least one thing to make you smile while you wait is all those "BT50 dolphins" driving around ;-)

Edited by stefan2519

At least one thing to make you smile while you wait is all those "BT50 dolphins" driving around ;-)

Glad to make you happy.

I'd never really thought of the comparison before, until someone mentioned it on the BT50 thread, it's a belter I think! :-)

Thanks for the information guys its just living so far away you hear different stories and yes I have read old treads and it was I who posted about orders not being then till 2013. So I think Ford will lose because I am not waiting another year to hand over my money to maybe to wait till 2014 to get my hands on it. So its now a choice between Mazda or the V-Cross its disappointing as I would have loved the Ford. Thanks again Guys!

Thanks,

NL

Somehow missed this,

Don't install a chip on the Ranger or the BT50 at the moment, it isn't worth the increase!

The chips you're referring to are just fuel rail chips and can only give you at best a 5% increase.

They work on increasing the pressure of the fuel rail, and Ford have put in a release valve to over come these.

At the moment there isn't any good results from chips (although, there's a few big companies trying new ideas now)

They way it's looking is that an ECU chip (very expensive) or re-map is the only way to go on the new Ranger/BT50.

It's the ECU software that seems to be slowing them down, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Early reports say, 40% is easy from the 2.2 on a re-map, but still in test phase.

That would be close to 200BHP from the 2.2 which sounds great :-)

Superchip in Melbourne seem to be the first to start the re-maps, but still not dynos yet.

Until I see some dyno sheets, I won't be dropping 35K and sending my ECU away :-)

Wifey just scratched the front when she was parking it, hit the wall in the front. Just a very very small scratch.

smh.

F_K me, never ever let your wife drive your truck mate! What's the stats in the west, most accidents happen within 3miles of your house. In TH, I estimate the most accidents happen in the parking lot of your condo building...

Glad to make you happy.

I'd never really thought of the comparison before, until someone mentioned it on the BT50 thread, it's a belter I think! :-)

Mine is a great white shark.

I might have a big Jaws decal made for it.