Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Ford today with the intention of ordering an extra remote key fob but they said that it would be 4,000 Baht! Does that tally with what anyone else has been told? it just seems a tad expensive but then again I've never bought one before..so just thought I'd ask here first

A key fob earlier today;

post-30245-0-91752400-1348498799_thumb.j

One bloke in my soi has a red ranger.... man its an ugly color. Looks like a fire truck

not sure how many shades of red the ranger is in but i have seen three. the copper red looks good but the bright red is not the best

One bloke in my soi has a red ranger.... man its an ugly color. Looks like a fire truck

not sure how many shades of red the ranger is in but i have seen three. the copper red looks good but the bright red is not the best

I dont know, I see a bright red one regularly and if you threw a United Logo Wrap across the front of it - it might look good.

What do you find the nicest colour for either WT or XLT?

Sparkling gold looks pretty awesome for the XLT. and for the WT chilli orange I'd say....

Orderd a 4 door sparkling gold XLT hi-rider smile.png Only 3 months to go (if BKK doesn't flood again).

I like the gunmetal blue on the ranger; best when clean:)

What do you find the nicest colour for either WT or XLT?

Sparkling gold looks pretty awesome for the XLT. and for the WT chilli orange I'd say....

Orderd a 4 door sparkling gold XLT hi-rider smile.png Only 3 months to go (if BKK doesn't flood again).

I like the gunmetal blue on the ranger; best when clean:)

...best when clean....white!...and black tongue.png ...the rest can hide the dirt pretty good wink.png

I just put my Ford in for the first service at 10K.

Costing me 4,000 baht for a old change and filter. I will do the next one myself.

Hopefully they will give me my white plates today smile.png

I was told to take my Ranger in for the first service at either 9mnths or 15,000kms, whichever came first. Just booked it in for next week as got it Jan 5th and was told it will cost approx 2000baht.

Following on from my earlier post, here's the part number for Ford Ranger remote key fob (blank) should anyone want to order as a replacement/spare;

Description: Key Blank

P/No : UCY0 584GX

post-30245-0-85072600-1348718551_thumb.j

They'll give you the blank, then you have to go and get it cut/copied by yourself then return it to Ford to have them code it.

Well I saw an XLT in Black in Silom a few month back and thought it looked very nice.

At lunch today, I saw a 3.2 WT in all black including windows on Silom and stand by my saying - it is the 'right stuff' - looked like it was gonna lift its leg and piss all over the Vigo next to it. Sorry Transam, hope that wasnt you.

Edited by bkkjames

Well I saw an XLT in Black in Silom a few month back and thought it looked very nice.

At lunch today, I saw a 3.2 WT in all black including windows on Silom and stand by my saying - it is the 'right stuff' - looked like it was gonna lift its leg and piss all over the Vigo next to it. Sorry Transam, hope that wasnt you.

I agree, and sometimes I wish I'd got black rather than white. The black out on the front bumper looks a bit odd to me from some angles. Maybe I'll paint it white.

I agree, and sometimes I wish I'd got black rather than white. The black out on the front bumper looks a bit odd to me from some angles. Maybe I'll paint it white.

I've got the black and it's sun of a b@@@h to keep clean.

Yes, when it's clean it looks far better IMHO to all the other colors, but keeping it clean it has to be washed every 2 days.

I think the Wildtraks are starting to flow freely now. I have started to see way more on the roads within the last month.

The white is now my favorite color (I know I've already made my bed, but I think you always want what you haven't got ;-)

The white Wildtrak would look far better if the hadn't used 3 colors. I mean if they'd just stuck to white and all the rest black and not used the gray, or just the white and gray and not used the black. I think that's what lets it down. Easy fix for that though, get down to you local sticker place, and get them to wrap the parts that you don't like.

Edited by stefan2519

I've got the black and it's sun of a b@@@h to keep clean.

Yes, when it's clean it looks far better IMHO to all the there colors, but keeping it clean is a 2 day job.

I think the Wildtraks are starting to flow freely now. I have started to see way more on the roads within the last month.

The white is now my favorite color (I know I've already made my bed, but I think you always want what you haven't got ;-)

The white Wildtrak would look far better if the hadn't used 3 colors. I mean if they'd just stuck to white and all the rest black and not used the gray, or just the white and gray and not used the black. I think that's what lets it down. Easy fix for that though, get down to you local sticker place, and get them to wrap the parts that you don't like.

why dont you swap with woodsie lol. in this weather any vehicle is hard to keep clean.

In general black is the best color on any car... As long as it is not used to haul stuff. thumbsup.gif

Saw a white 2 door ranger today, with matt black wcrap on roof & bonnet. Wouldn't recommend it, looked awful sick.gif

I see no point in that stuff. I guy in my condo had one of those 2 seater merc sportscars new red plated 7 million baht versions with that on it on the hood and various other places. Took a nice car and made it look like something Ashley Cole would drive.

Ahhhh Bt.4000 for a blank key fob. Be interesting to know the all in price for one with a key and coded to the vehicle. the Bt20,000 I mentioned above is the all in price to have a useable key fob.

Just got back from Ford Pattaya and here's a breakdown of the actual costs;

Blank Key Fob 3,600 Baht

Programming/coding 730 Baht

Key cutting 650 Baht (I took it to Big C South Pattaya, the nearest I knew of)

Total 4,980 Baht

Ahhhh Bt.4000 for a blank key fob. Be interesting to know the all in price for one with a key and coded to the vehicle. the Bt20,000 I mentioned above is the all in price to have a useable key fob.

Just got back from Ford Pattaya and here's a breakdown of the actual costs;

Blank Key Fob 3,600 Baht

Programming/coding 730 Baht

Key cutting 650 Baht (I took it to Big C South Pattaya, the nearest I knew of)

Total 4,980 Baht

There's a page in the manual about programming a new remote yourself. page 27 in my downloaded English manual.