Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Well when I picked mine up it said 0kms. Even though I was suppose to get 500 baht petrol or whatever it was. I had to go to the first petrol station which was about 2kms away (estimate) and made it.

It probably goes for a bit on 0 I think.

You should have insisted on your 500 bt of fuel

Yes, but I was already 100 meters down the road and to go back in peak hour with having to 2 u-turns, I couldnt really be bothered.

Sneaky pricks probably did put 500 Baht in when they got it and drove it to pick up lunch or something as mine was one of the first one that they got.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone discovered how accurate the "km until empty" readout is? I was down to 6km before refueling today.

After a month with the 6AT XLT i average about 11.6 km /litre. Which is worse than my 11 yr old Mitsu Strada 4WD manual transmission was getting for the same driving conditions & style. The Strada has a bigger engine 2.8, plus runs at higher rpm than the Ranger.

I have found km until empty doesn't count the last 10 liters in the tank. When I hit 0 and fill up it is always 67-69 liters to full not 80 liters.

Roughly equivalent to my low fuel light in my car then. There should be something in the ranger manual about it.

Anyone discovered how accurate the "km until empty" readout is? I was down to 6km before refueling today.

After a month with the 6AT XLT i average about 11.6 km /litre. Which is worse than my 11 yr old Mitsu Strada 4WD manual transmission was getting for the same driving conditions & style. The Strada has a bigger engine 2.8, plus runs at higher rpm than the Ranger.

I have found km until empty doesn't count the last 10 liters in the tank. When I hit 0 and fill up it is always 67-69 liters to full not 80 liters.

I wish I could afford to fill her up sad.png

At the risk of appearing to nag, sell the other pickup and use the proceeds to fill up this one.

What would wifey drive? She's not ready (not experienced enough driver) for the Beast.....

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Mazda BT-50 forum as well.

It is true Ford appears to have cut down on their initial offer (included free 1st class insurance). My advice would be to contact Ford HQ to demand a test drive. They will be very helpful. Try contacting K. Jutasen (general sales manager at Ford Thailand). rjutase2 [at] ford.com He will be able to provide you your test drive. Unless you have already a test drive with the Ranger, you cannot really make up your mind.

I had a lot of difficulty in finding a test drive for the PJS. My first impression was of fear and discomfort. But when I sat inside and took it for a real test drive... Then all the discomfort disappeared. And I am perfectly happy with the PJS now (I would have 'lost' 200 K with Ford's price cut on the Escape, had I bought it). So, ask for a test drive, and then make up your mind based on your driving experience. If you love it, stick with it, it will come out when it will come. Otherwise, Mazda is also a good car, and some say service is better... But who knows?

Note that prices of the ranger have increased, check the ford website.

The computer is probably trying to estimate the "km until empty" based on either your average km/ltr or your current km/ltr, so it's probably different for each person and probably different each time.

The accuracy is probably based on how consistent you are on the gas pedal.

That's my guesstimation.

The computer is probably trying to estimate the "km until empty" based on either your average km/ltr or your current km/ltr, so it's probably different for each person and probably different each time.

That's my guesstimation.

An empty tank is an empty tank regardless of your km/lt. Best just to tell you how many litres left. I do find it annoying that it chimes at 80km to go & every 10km after that. The warning light is sufficient. Another gripe is the volume control for the audio. Too small & it only takes a tiny movement to result in a big difference in volume, especially at the lower levels when the family is on board. On my own, no problem, I play it LOUD!!!

That's my guesstimation.

An empty tank is an empty tank regardless of your km/lt. Best just to tell you how many litres left. I do find it annoying that it chimes at 80km to go & every 10km after that. The warning light is sufficient. Another gripe is the volume control for the audio. Too small & it only takes a tiny movement to result in a big difference in volume, especially at the lower levels when the family is on board. On my own, no problem, I play it LOUD!!!

...nag,nag,nag...fill her up and enjoy the ride...crank the music up!!...if the family complains(that's why I like the pick-ups)...there is always room in the back w00t.gif

That's my guesstimation.

...nag,nag,nag...fill her up and enjoy the ride...crank the music up!!...if the family complains(that's why I like the pick-ups)...there is always room in the back w00t.gif

nag, nag ,nag....... one of my favourite tracks of all time. Sheffield's finest. Haven't played it for the family. The Clash & The Undertones, are our favs...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/N-IixtxKETU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's my guesstimation.

nag, nag ,nag....... one of my favourite tracks of all time. Sheffield's finest. Haven't played it for the family. The Clash & The Undertones, are our favs...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/N-IixtxKETU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...you got it !! clap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Well when I picked mine up it said 0kms. Even though I was suppose to get 500 baht petrol or whatever it was. I had to go to the first petrol station which was about 2kms away (estimate) and made it.

It probably goes for a bit on 0 I think.

You should have insisted on your 500 bt of fuel

Yes, but I was already 100 meters down the road and to go back in peak hour with having to 2 u-turns, I couldnt really be bothered.

Sneaky pricks probably did put 500 Baht in when they got it and drove it to pick up lunch or something as mine was one of the first one that they got.

Or went to have your car rustproofed, waxed, etc... Most likely. I had something like 18 kms added between the first sight of my car and final delivery.

Just picked up my chilli orange 3.2 WT 6AT five days ago, it's been worth the wait.

Nice, I would like to swap my 2.2 chilli orange for a 3.2.

Man, I thought about the 3.2 but didnt want to wait, now that people are getting the 3.2's I am jealous sad.png

Why don't you chip it and get about the same power? Sure warranty issues but I think I read somewhere that they are easy to remove before taking the truck for checks.

Just picked up my chilli orange 3.2 WT 6AT five days ago, it's been worth the wait.

Man, I thought about the 3.2 but didnt want to wait, now that people are getting the 3.2's I am jealous :(

I placed my order in February. Last month I was told delivery would be January 2013 then a phone call last Wednesday evening from Ford said truck had arrived from Bangkok. I picked up on the Saturday. I am based in Nong Khai and its only the second 3.2 from Ford Nong Khai. I had plenty of offers to take 2.2 wildtracks.

Man, I thought about the 3.2 but didnt want to wait, now that people are getting the 3.2's I am jealous sad.png

Why don't you chip it and get about the same power? Sure warranty issues but I think I read somewhere that they are easy to remove before taking the truck for checks.

The Super Diesel Smart box is the best for plug in power upgrades. Controls everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFfOkFlpZA

I placed my order in February. Last month I was told delivery would be January 2013 then a phone call last Wednesday evening from Ford said truck had arrived from Bangkok. I picked up on the Saturday. I am based in Nong Khai and its only the second 3.2 from Ford Nong Khai. I had plenty of offers to take 2.2 wildtracks.

I ordered mine last year hoping to get it in January as they said the 3.2 would be September or October.

I got mine just before Songkran and was stoked, but now wishing I just ordered the 3.2 instead. But the 2.2 is ok I guess.

How much are the chips?

I am trying to get a price from Ford now on swapping the 2.2 engine to a 3.2, see if the price will be worth it.

How much are the chips?

I am trying to get a price from Ford now on swapping the 2.2 engine to a 3.2, see if the price will be worth it.

How could I know I got a shitty Honda City 06, goggle is your best friend. But there is another tread about cheap diesel performance, I think the chip will raise the fuel pressure from the pump to the injectors.

How much are the chips?

How could I know I got a shitty Honda City 06, goggle is your best friend. But there is another tread about cheap diesel performance, I think the chip will raise the fuel pressure from the pump to the injectors.

Ford Ranger has a pressure relief valve which make chips like those that raise the pressure to the fuel rail useless.

How much are the chips?

Ford Ranger has a pressure relief valve which make chips like those that raise the pressure to the fuel rail useless.

Hmm strange the much missed MRO wrote in this topic dated 2011-06/21 that a chipped 2.2 2wd will be faster than a 3.2 due to lower weight. The pressure relief is most likely electronic controlled, if that the case you can "chip" it.

Edited by guzzi850m2

We all miss MRO greatly, and I suspect the reason he doesn't return, even with a new nick, is that he was just plain giving away too much valuable "for-pay" information to all of us freeloaders and got in trouble with his publishers or something. giggle.gif

Some plug in tuning chips mod injector timing as well as fuel pressure. The Diesel smart vid implies they do more than just pressure but it is a sales video.

Common rail systems control max fuel pressure and have a max pressure fault as well as a pressure relief. The boxes that increase pressure like Racechip mentioned on the Cheap Diesel Performance thread use the margin between the normal pressure and the fault level.

We all miss MRO greatly, and I suspect the reason he doesn't return, even with a new nick, is that he was just plain giving away too much valuable "for-pay" information to all of us freeloaders and got in trouble with his publishers or something. giggle.gif

You might well be right. MRO seemed to know everything about auto's and associated stuff in Thailand and beyond.

By the way Keemapoot, did you ever buy a Ranger?

Edited by guzzi850m2

I'm sure he'll come back to TV, reincarnated with a new nick someday ;)

You might well be right. MRO seemed to know everything about auto's and associated stuff in Thailand and beyond.

By the way Keemapoot, did you ever buy a Ranger?

Thanks for asking. I grew weary of all the stories of delays and finally decided I wanted an SUV, so will wait to see next year's Escape, Everest & maybe wait for new Fortuner. I still like the Rangers though...

Just wondering the following.

I've ordered a new ranger, filled in all the forms etc and paid 5000 baht order fee (required at Ford).

Now the case is that the actual Ford Quotation Form has not been signed by the sales guy.

Is this to be signed when the car is picked up / delivered?

I'm just thinking with the recent price increase they could just say in February 2013 like pay the current price (more) instead of what we've agreed.

The quotation form is the that form the sales guy gives to you with all price and free bee details when visiting the showroom.

Should I go back to the showroom and ask for a signed version or wait till the car arrives?