Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Ahhhh Bt.4000 for a blank key fob. Be interesting to know the all in price for one with a key and coded to the vehicle. the Bt20,000 I mentioned above is the all in price to have a useable key fob.

Just got back from Ford Pattaya and here's a breakdown of the actual costs;

Blank Key Fob 3,600 Baht

Programming/coding 730 Baht

Key cutting 650 Baht (I took it to Big C South Pattaya, the nearest I knew of)

Total 4,980 Baht

There's a page in the manual about programming a new remote yourself. page 27 in my downloaded English manual.

I'd be grateful if you would kindly point me in the direction of where the english version can be downloaded from, for my future reference, thanks alot

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a page in the manual about programming a new remote yourself. page 27 in my downloaded English manual.

I'd be grateful if you would kindly point me in the direction of where the english version can be downloaded from, for my future reference, thanks alot

Somewhere in this 87 page thread laugh.png

It's a link to a ranger owners forum.

http://www.ford-ranger-forum-uk.co.uk/download/2012%20Ranger%20User%20Manual.pdf

2012 Ranger Owners Manual.pdf

Saw a white 2 door ranger today, with matt black wcrap on roof & bonnet. Wouldn't recommend it, looked awful sick.gif

I see no point in that stuff. I guy in my condo had one of those 2 seater merc sportscars new red plated 7 million baht versions with that on it on the hood and various other places. Took a nice car and made it look like something Ashley Cole would drive.

Thanks guys for being kind to me when I did my wrap additions to "The White Truck"...but I still think that chrome does not look to good with the white color...Matt Black for a change looks good with anything (in moderation)

Saw a white 2 door ranger today, with matt black wcrap on roof & bonnet. Wouldn't recommend it, looked awful sick.gif

I see no point in that stuff. I guy in my condo had one of those 2 seater merc sportscars new red plated 7 million baht versions with that on it on the hood and various other places. Took a nice car and made it look like something Ashley Cole would drive.

Thanks guys for being kind to me when I did my wrap additions to "The White Truck"...but I still think that chrome does not look to good with the white color...Matt Black for a change looks good with anything (in moderation)

Yours looks a bit more subtle than roof & bonnet in black thumbsup.gif Wasn't having a dig at you wai.gif

wouldn't a black roof just increase heat transfer into the car when it's sitting in the sun? keep the roof white on a white ranger;)

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif ....just think that all of those MBZ]'s must have special roof insulation...or EU car designers don't include Tropical countries in their perspectives...tongue.png

Yours looks a bit more subtle than roof & bonnet in black thumbsup.gif Wasn't having a dig at you wai.gif

lol, we are just envious, I am anyways :)

http://www.ford-rang...User Manual.pdf

Thank you for the manual MESmith, I do appreciate it. My Ford Dealer has been promising me this for a month.

Ahhhh Bt.4000 for a blank key fob. Be interesting to know the all in price for one with a key and coded to the vehicle. the Bt20,000 I mentioned above is the all in price to have a useable key fob.

Just got back from Ford Pattaya and here's a breakdown of the actual costs;

Blank Key Fob 3,600 Baht

Programming/coding 730 Baht

Key cutting 650 Baht (I took it to Big C South Pattaya, the nearest I knew of)

Total 4,980 Baht

Sent from the Back 'o Bennachie with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

Good info. When I was back in the UK a few months ago, I asked at a local key-cutter if they could do these 'laser-cut' style keys (same as Mondeo I believe) and he said only Ford can cut those. I have some blanks that came with my (yet to be installed) alarm/immobilizer/remote start kit. Those fobs have 3-buttons (lock/unlock/start) so if I get Boy Air Pattaya to install it, I can get the chips encoded at Ford Pattaya and the blanks cut at Big-C.

Reading the manual and since I still won't see my WWT (white Wildtrak) until well after the New Year, is this manual consistent with what the Ranger has for equip/options in LOS? For example this "global windows" feature, does that work?

I'm trying to work out what happened here, did they plasti-dip their entire truck or is it a wrap job... ?

(photos taken from AllNewRangerClub Facebook Page, which has lots of good photos);

post-30245-0-94392500-1348851077_thumb.j post-30245-0-25938600-1348851139_thumb.j post-30245-0-91447300-1348851164_thumb.j post-30245-0-23702100-1348851187_thumb.j

Edited by Ungabunga

I'm trying to work out what happened here, did they plasti-dip their entire truck or is it a wrap job... ?

(photos taken from AllNewRangerClub Facebook Page, which has lots of good photos);

post-30245-0-94392500-1348851077_thumb.j post-30245-0-25938600-1348851139_thumb.j post-30245-0-91447300-1348851164_thumb.j post-30245-0-23702100-1348851187_thumb.j

This looks very interesting...I've asked the same question,so far no answer...It looks almost to good for a Plasti-Dip job,but I hope it is,because I'm might experiment some with this staff myself...The wrap has some limitations,specially with small details,badges etc...

Okay just come back from Ford Pattaya. I asked them; where is my 2.2WT? They said which WT? I said the bloody one I ordered 4-5 month ago.

After shuffling papers around she told us sometimes next year which I sort of expected. Then I said well okay you told us 2 month ago Jan 2013 for sure so when in Jan can we pick it up? She said: well now they have problems at the factory and they don't know when and waiting time for an XLT has gone up to 5 month!!!

Only Ranger in the shop was a bored looking grey 2 door XLT which I am not even remotely interested in.

Holy cow man, I will go to Mazda tomm. and check out that BT50 out and then make up my mind what to do, but I don't like the"clown" rear lights on the BT50 but been told its very nice inside.

Okay just come back from Ford Pattaya. I asked them; where is my 2.2WT? They said which WT? I said the bloody one I ordered 4-5 month ago.

After shuffling papers around she told us sometimes next year which I sort of expected. Then I said well okay you told us 2 month ago Jan 2013 for sure so when in Jan can we pick it up? She said: well now they have problems at the factory and they don't know when and waiting time for an XLT has gone up to 5 month!!!

Only Ranger in the shop was a bored looking grey 2 door XLT which I am not even remotely interested in.

Holy cow man, I will go to Mazda tomm. and check out that BT50 out and then make up my mind what to do, but I don't like the"clown" rear lights on the BT50 but been told its very nice inside.

Spoke with the Ford Manufacturer in Bangkok yesterday and they said that an XLT takes between 4-5 months but a Wildtrak will take between 6-7+ months as they rely on sub suppliers who have been affected by last year floods. They have problems with getting certain parts for the Wildtrak. Also, waiting time is different per showroom as the Ford Manufacturer in Bangkok has a dealer que for delivering cars. I've ordered my XLT Hi-Rider (not WT) last month and Ford Manu in BKK confirmed the details from my showroom that it will take till Jan / Feb 2013 before I would receive it. Don't like the exterior from the Mazda so that's definitly a no go.

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Mazda BT-50 forum as well.

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I would wait for the WT. Looks way better than the Mazda. Perhaps call the Ford Manufacturer in Bangkok. They could give you perhaps more details on your order. Just fill in the contact form on ford.co.th and they will get back to you within a day. Explain to them that the service at Ford Pattaya sucks.. You might be happy with your Mazda untill you see the Chilli WT driving around and then you want to kick yourself in the head for not waiting :).

Anyone discovered how accurate the "km until empty" readout is? I was down to 6km before refueling today.

After a month with the 6AT XLT i average about 11.6 km /litre. Which is worse than my 11 yr old Mitsu Strada 4WD manual transmission was getting for the same driving conditions & style. The Strada has a bigger engine 2.8, plus runs at higher rpm than the Ranger.

Anyone discovered how accurate the "km until empty" readout is? I was down to 6km before refueling today.

After a month with the 6AT XLT i average about 11.6 km /litre. Which is worse than my 11 yr old Mitsu Strada 4WD manual transmission was getting for the same driving conditions & style. The Strada has a bigger engine 2.8, plus runs at higher rpm than the Ranger.

I hate it when you make a post & it disappears as a new page is created.....

I have found km until empty doesn't count the last 10 liters in the tank. When I hit 0 and fill up it is always 67-69 liters to full not 80 liters.

Well when I picked mine up it said 0kms. Even though I was suppose to get 500 baht petrol or whatever it was. I had to go to the first petrol station which was about 2kms away (estimate) and made it.

It probably goes for a bit on 0 I think.

You should have insisted on your 500 bt of fuel

I have found km until empty doesn't count the last 10 liters in the tank. When I hit 0 and fill up it is always 67-69 liters to full not 80 liters.

I wish I could afford to fill her up sad.png

Hi Guys,

It is true Ford appears to have cut down on their initial offer (included free 1st class insurance). My advice would be to contact Ford HQ to demand a test drive. They will be very helpful. Try contacting K. Jutasen (general sales manager at Ford Thailand). rjutase2 [at] ford.com He will be able to provide you your test drive. Unless you have already a test drive with the Ranger, you cannot really make up your mind.

I had a lot of difficulty in finding a test drive for the PJS. My first impression was of fear and discomfort. But when I sat inside and took it for a real test drive... Then all the discomfort disappeared. And I am perfectly happy with the PJS now (I would have 'lost' 200 K with Ford's price cut on the Escape, had I bought it). So, ask for a test drive, and then make up your mind based on your driving experience. If you love it, stick with it, it will come out when it will come. Otherwise, Mazda is also a good car, and some say service is better... But who knows?

I wish I could afford to fill her up sad.png

At the risk of appearing to nag, sell the other pickup and use the proceeds to fill up this one.