Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Anyone else seeing rust on your new truck's nuts? Mine is two months old with 5km and not near the sea in Issan.

I wouldn't be happy with that either. Especially the Anti Roll Bar bracket. (1st photo) The others won't really cause a problem, they just don't look good.

Mine is 5 weeks old and 4700 kms. Absolutely no rust visible anywhere. Yet............

Just curious did anyone get the 'paint coating' option thrown in when ordering your truck? I did, but not sure what would that have covered exactly? Do they just apply it to specific parts or sections rather than the entire truck?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else seeing rust on your new truck's nuts? Mine is two months old with 5km and not near the sea in Issan.

I wouldn't be happy with that either. Especially the Anti Roll Bar bracket. (1st photo) The others won't really cause a problem, they just don't look good.

Mine is 5 weeks old and 4700 kms. Absolutely no rust visible anywhere. Yet............

Just curious did anyone get the 'paint coating' option thrown in when ordering your truck? I did, but not sure what would that have covered exactly? Do they just apply it to specific parts or sections rather than the entire truck?

I've seen pictures like those on facebook/fordthailand. Some guy linked it to a Thai Ford Ranger fan page or something. It seems to happen with more trucks, not sure why.

The sales guy did tell me that they will apply some 'protective coating or spray' on and under the car against water and dirt. Normal price would be around 3K he said. He did not mention if this would only be on certain parts or the whole thing. He did mention that it protects the car against 'dirt'. Couldn't make more of it as he was speaking Thai.

Will check mine before driving it back to my place from the showroom when picking the car up. Sure they would be surprised If I'd ask them to lift the car to check for rust. (have printed of Gosompi's pictures and will bring them with me when picking up the car).

@ Gosompi, Should go back to the showroom asap!! Can't believe that this is happening just after 2 months. That's unacceptable

Edited by Gideon

wow, that looks bad, I got mine before Songkran and done over 10,000Kms already and have no signs of rust underneath.

Perhaps with such delays they just got any random nuts and bolts from Homeworks lol

Picked up our white plates today, which is great as I have to drive up to Mae Sai for a visa run this week. On that route there are nearly as many checkpoints as traffic lights sad.png

How long did you wait?

Just under 2 months.

I was there yesterday trying to get some answers on the rust issues(I should start a new topic on that)...I got mine just before you,but nobody mentioned the plates..did you press them on that? BTW,I saw a gun-metal-blue Ranger pulling out of the dealers parking,was it you?

Picked up our white plates today, which is great as I have to drive up to Mae Sai for a visa run this week. On that route there are nearly as many checkpoints as traffic lights sad.png

How long did you wait?

Just under 2 months.

I was there yesterday trying to get some answers on the rust issues(I should start a new topic on that)...I got mine just before you,but nobody mentioned the plates..did you press them on that? BTW,I saw a gun-metal-blue Ranger pulling out of the dealers parking,was it you?

I saw your truck up on the lift when we arrived, was going to say hello as we were leaving, but you were busy with Ford outside with your hood up, so saved a hello until next time. You're easy to spot wink.png We were running late, too. And yes, that truck was mine, altho' there was another one leaving ahead of us with a pvc tonneau cover on the back. Common as muck these gunmetal blues...

We had a phone call a couple of weeks ago, from Ford, to ask if we wanted a fancy number. Told them any number would do. Wifey phoned them yesterday to press them, as my visa run is due & too many checkpoints on that road. They told her they were there, ready for collection biggrin.png

I saw your truck up on the lift when we arrived, was going to say hello as we were leaving, but you were busy with Ford outside with your hood up, so saved a hello until next time. You're easy to spot wink.png We were running late, too. And yes, that truck was mine, altho' there was another one leaving ahead of us with a pvc tonneau cover on the back. Common as muck these gunmetal blues...

We had a phone call a couple of weeks ago, from Ford, to ask if we wanted a fancy number. Told them any number would do. Wifey phoned them yesterday to press them, as my visa run is due & too many checkpoints on that road. They told her they were there, ready for collection biggrin.png

I don't really mind much,since I got my 'personal' plate for now smile.png

post-60959-0-66017400-1351569022_thumb.j

Whats the difference with

4H and 4L

High and Low gears for the 4 wheel differential or gearbox. High for use at normal driving speeds, Low for when you need pulling power or more traction but low can be only can be used at very low speeds. You can only switch into 4L by shifting into neutral first but 4H you can engage while driving.

4H is 4 wheel drive High gear range. High speed use, Used only on slippery surfaces, otherwise not good for the drive train. Usually ok to drive up to around 100-kph depending on the vehicle.

4L is 4 wheel drive Low gear range. Low speed, high torque. Use only on very slippery or soft surfaces. Normally you can't drive over about 35-kph without hitting redline. Used primarily for steep hill climbing off road, deep mud.. off road stuff... maybe pulling someone out of a ditch on an icy road.. but not for driving any distance.

4L makes your truck put more power down to the ground and normally doesn't allow for as much slip between from and rear wheel speed.

Edited by gosompoi

Drove Chiang Mai to Mae Sai return today in my 2.2 XLT 6AT. 520km, "computer says" 13km/lt biggrin.png

This is a route you can maintain a good speed on - I try to drive 100 - 110 kph on the non segregated part, 120kph on the segregated highway. Several mountain passes to climb. And all the traffic lights around Chiang Mai to negotiate. Great drive through the mountainous section, loads of power for overtaking everything that got in the way.

Normally around CM I only get 11.5km/lt, driving on superhighway & rural roads, keeping out of the city.

I had the call from my 'dealer' this morning to say that my white plates are ready... I picked up my ranger on 17 sept, so 6 weeks ish .

Another point to note for anyone who is using the government's first car owner scheme - when submitting the documents you have to include the original car booking/deposit slip amongst the paperwork. That was a problem for us because it was actually me who made the booking and my name (rather than my Thai Wife's) was on the slip. No major drama though, luckily the chap at Ford who I dealt with is a good egg an sorted it oot.

that is all.

Edited by Ungabunga

Presumably we didn't get the rear view camera featured at 1 min 40 - cuz that is slick

All wildtraks have the camera.

But no torque. smile.png See them coming and then see them in front. biggrin.png

???...you mean not enough torque in your Vigo?!...see those Rangers coming and then you see them in front ?!thumbsup.gif

Just got a letter from Ford today that says that they are sorry for the delay on your WT 2.2 ordered on the 16/06-12.

They furthermore write that we will get it to the price it was when ordering.

In the envelope was a gift card for a free medium pizza from the pizza companythumbsup.gif .

No date of delivery though (the Ranger)sad.png.

There is a company that can give your Ranger 90hp more if you want, but I don't understand Thai that well so not sure what he is on about.

http://www.ngv-devel...nt.com/?refresh

Injecting gas (NGV) into the diesel engine, works well on big trucks but I think the jury is still out on these small commonrail engines.

For the 2.2 L model Ford Ranger or Mazda BT-50 the boost 80-90 HP and 40-50nm increase in torque. They are injecting NGV from a CNG system. The once the engine(water temp) is at normal operating temp the duel fuel system adds NGV. The mix goes from 50% to up 90% NGV at highway speed. For the 3.2L engine the boost in power is 115hp at max and 60-80nm of torque. But the real amazing thing is 2L/100km of diesel use and 10% lower exhaust temps. I haven't got a firm price yet but the owner of the Company owns a new BT-50 Pro and has installed the system on his truck. It basicly gives you 3.2L power with the 2.2 motor and lowers your fuel cost by 50%. For the 3.2 engine it is like adding an extra turbo and someone pushing you from behind.

Edited by gosompoi