Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brought it home with a new wash today after bringing it home in a rain storm......post-67352-0-04383700-1359628582_thumb.jpost-67352-0-43407100-1359628622_thumb.j

Good looking truck in white!

I know you noted how the ride was quite nice but few others talk about it -- after searching for "ride" in this thread. Any further remarks over the next few days would be appreciated, especially how it feels in the parking lot, narrow road lanes and small soi's in terms of size and manoeuvrability.

Congrats!

I am being quoted a year wait to order a 3.2 4x4 on Koh Samui. Does this sound right guys. We did a check in Hat Yai and same.

Is anyone on a wait list who changed their mind?

Be happy to compensate you to get mine sooner.

Brought it home with a new wash today after bringing it home in a rain storm......post-67352-0-04383700-1359628582_thumb.jpost-67352-0-43407100-1359628622_thumb.j

I know you noted how the ride was quite nice but few others talk about it -- after searching for "ride" in this thread. Any further remarks over the next few days would be appreciated, especially how it feels in the parking lot, narrow road lanes and small soi's in terms of size and manoeuvrability.

Congrats!

Thanks, well so far I don't see a problem in the small soi's or in making u-turns (which is so important in LOS) The turning radius is comparable with the Pajero which in itself has a very good turning circle (better than a Honda Civic).

I guess it all depends on what you are comparing it to, it will probably feel very large if coming from a Jazz, but coming from the Pajero my wife has no problems with it. We did a bit of a road trip up to Phetchaburi today and she wanted to drive, which normally she never wants to do, so I guess that says something wink.png

Looks like I have to travel to BKK for the Crystalline window film......only a couple shops there offer it.

BTW, my trip computer shows an average of 8.9 lts/100kms, which if that is true is FAR better than the Pajero.

You gonna wash it everyday? biggrin.png

btw the tyres are dirty laugh.png

If it rains everyday then I guess I will have too.....sad.png

If you saw our soi you would think me very lucky to get home with only the tires dirty tongue.png

You gonna wash it everyday? biggrin.png

btw the tyres are dirty laugh.png

If it rains everyday then I guess I will have too.....sad.png

If you saw our soi you would think me very lucky to get home with only the tires dirty tongue.png

I've got a 250m dirt road to drive down to reach our house. If it rains it's muddy. If it's dry, it's dusty. And the road leading to our trail is dusty as hell. Had the truck 5 months, washed it twice. Not worth it. But it's not white, but gunmetal blue. but I know the feeling, brand new truck, don't want to lose that shine smile.png

Congrats!

Coming from a 2.5 Isuzu D-Max and having to negotiate a tight spot to get down my drive, I'd say the Ranger definitely needs more care as it is noticeably bigger than the D-Max. Parking is OK as there is good visibility out the back and I also self installed a rear parking camera which helps.

As to the "ride", I've only done 1900km but am averaging 9.7l/100km according to the trip computer. The ride is really nice - firm but not rough. The truck holds the road well and there's a lot less engine and road noise than my old truck and when you put your foot down, it really get's up and goes (2.2 6AT), particularly if you switch into "man" (sport) mode. Incidentally, my wife is a good driver but has never had an auto. When teaching her, I explained that she only needs to keep it in "D". She asked what the "S" was and I told her that's only for male drivers. Her reply? "Oh, OK". Gotta love 'em! :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

I really like the new Ford Focus but the 10 baht/litre gap in fuel (gasoline vs diesel) is making the Ranger a much more attractive choice. And so, far, most reports on the Ranger are very positive. Also with such a high ride height, it would be better in flood conditions. FWIW, I won't be driving around Pattaya, the truck would be for upcountry runs and tours. In the next 2-3 years, we will move out of Pattaya. I'd move tomorrow if my GF's daughter didn't have to finish special needs school in Bang Saen.

2012 Ford Ranger 2.2, 6 auto, 4Cab.

Have had this one for about a year. Very happy with the truck but I would like to ask other Ranger owners if they

are experiencing two problems I am having. Both involve operation when the car is cold and started after sitting

for a night.

1...Breaks grab hard at slow speed until they warm up. Ford CM says "they all do that."

2. Motor has a heavy knock at low rpm when accelerating when cold. When the rpm rises it

goes away.

Once the motor warms none of these things occur. I understand the breaks and motor are different issues.

Do any Ford Ranger 2.2, 6 auto experience these conditions?

The only other problem was the failure of the alternator (dynamo) as they refer to it. In heavy rain, full lights, wipers going and air-con on to de-fog the front window. Stressed out the alternator and it failed. Real scary at night

under those conditions to have your truck die.

Thank you for any comments.

Edited by tpthai2

Have had this one for about a year. Very happy with the truck but I would like to ask other Ranger owners if they

are experiencing two problems I am having. Both involve operation when the car is cold and started after sitting

for a night.

1...Breaks grab hard at slow speed until they warm up. Ford CM says "they all do that."

2. Motor has a heavy knock at low rpm when accelerating when cold. When the rpm rises it

goes away.

Once the motor warms none of these things occur. I understand the breaks and motor are different issues.

The only other problem was the failure of the alternator (dynamo) as they refer to it. In heavy rain, full lights, wipers going and air-con on to de-fog the front window. Stressed out the alternator and it failed. Real scary at night

I have 3.2 4x4 no problems yet.

Today I took delivery of a 4 Door XLT Ranger with the 3.2 Turbo engine. It cost me just under $52,000 AUD or about 1.62M Thai Baht. I am taking the family for a weekend trip, so I will post some pictures when we get back.

The only complaint I have about it is that it gets skittish on very wet roads (lots of rain here) in 2WD mode - changing to H4 fixed that. Everything else appears to work well.

The price is about 4K AUD lower as I asked the Procurement department of my company for a favor and they delivered well.

for a night.

goes away.

I can relay to that(1&2)....but I don't think much of it...I normally worm up the engine for a few minutes...the first grab of the brakes feel sensitive,but it goes away....over all,it is a good truck...and better than Toyota wink.png

Edited by funcat

for a night.

goes away.

I have a 2.2 manual.

Brakes are fine.

Engine shows no signs of knocking when cold.

Alternator shows no signs of dying.

for a night.

goes away.

I get a chirp from one of the front brakes at the first corner after leaving the house, but no grabbing. Never chirps again either.

No issues with knocking or electricals over the past +22k km that does include extensive night driving and loads of rain late last year.

Hi,I just got delivery of the new ranger xlt 4 door.low rider model.apperently the first one they've sold in Pattaya.

Got this because I could get it within 3 days of ordering it.but only white color.ive driven the hi rider and in comparison,this drives just as well and visibility is still great.feels like a saloon car to drive with added extra of a load space at the rear.

As there is no USB port to put my flash drive in to play music,does anyone happen to know where I can buy some kind of adapter locally to adapt it from the AUX port to USB port.??

Thankyou very much...

does anyone happen to know where I can buy some kind of adapter locally to adapt it from the AUX port to USB port.??

Thankyou very much...

Well, it's not just a simple, adaptor - whatever it is is going to need playback controls too.... So with that in mind, I'd probably recommend one of these: http://store.apple.com/th/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano

:)

There is only AUX input in the LXT....

Yes your right,there's only Aux input on this model.its a real shame they didn't put a USB input.

Anyway,certainly finding the car to be a nice machine. Thanks..

....this one is nice,but the 3.2 must be the 'wild thing'...wink.png

Ordered my mirror folding kit from simplycoolshop.com today. I have this kit on the Pajero and just love it. So many times I walk away from the car and think "did I remember to lock it" with that kit you can see from a distance that if the mirrors are folded then you must have locked it.

All new Ford Ranger and New Mazda BT-50 Service manuals 2012 2013, enjoy!

Ranger here.

complete CD manual http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/Ford/f ... _01092011/

Wiring http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/Ford/f ... grams2.pdf

Workshop http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/Ford/f ... anual2.pdf

Bt-50 Here

Complete CD manual in PDF format

http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/Mazda/ ... 2012.25MY/

Enjoy the downloading!