Any Gps In Rachada Suttisan Lard Prao?

glen

Hi all,

Ive been diagnosed in Oz with a blood clot in my leg, high cholesterol etc and now will have to take ramipril and lipitor indefinitely.

My doc here says I need a regular gp in bangkok to do blood pressure tests. Any suggestions pls? Im familiar with Samitivej, Bumrungrad, and Vejtani

hospitals, but is there a gp clinic in the areas Ive mentioned outside of hospitals?

thanks in advance, Glen

I would highly advise getting your own blood pressure device as your at home resting readings are likely to be different (and more meaningful) than in a white coat office (which likely would not even provide a five minute rest before measurement).

That said there are clinics in most areas so am sure one could be found.

For just a BP check, anyplace can do that, but as Lopburi mentioned, could also do this yourself. However, wI think your home doc was recommending you get a GP here because he wanted you to have more than a BP check i.e. thoughtful trained periodic assessments. However this, you will be highly unlikely to obtain from any local clinic, and indeed the level of "GP" care in Thailand is usually rather mediocre and definitely not proactive.

Your best bet IMO is to become a regular patient at the "Wellness Center" (or Health Screening Clinic, whatever it is called) at one of the hospitals you mention and go in every 6 months for a check up including blood work. It is not necessary to buy one of the check-up packages, you can select tests "a la carte". Or, you could get a package check-up once a year and then mid year (more frequently if indicated) go in to recheck just the parameter of concern, which for you would be cholesterol (total, LDL and HDL), trigylcerides, fasting glucose, creatnine, and anything else that had been abnormal. Liver function (AST/ALT can be checked once a year unless abnormal in which case more often.

I have been favorably impressed with both Dr. Anchana and Dr. Puchai at the Samitivej Wellness center, they are very thorough and always take the time to review history and past findings (not always the case in Thailand!). I have not, sorry to say, been impressed with Bumrungrad's Health Screening department in this regard. No experience with Vejthani.

If you have not already, you should have a stress test and then repeat every one to two years depending on your age and results.

For just a BP check, anyplace can do that, but as Lopburi mentioned, could also do this yourself. However, wI think your home doc was recommending you get a GP here because he wanted you to have more than a BP check i.e. thoughtful trained periodic assessments. However this, you will be highly unlikely to obtain from any local clinic, and indeed the level of "GP" care in Thailand is usually rather mediocre and definitely not proactive.

Your best bet IMO is to become a regular patient at the "Wellness Center" (or Health Screening Clinic, whatever it is called) at one of the hospitals you mention and go in every 6 months for a check up including blood work. It is not necessary to buy one of the check-up packages, you can select tests "a la carte". Or, you could get a package check-up once a year and then mid year (more frequently if indicated) go in to recheck just the parameter of concern, which for you would be cholesterol (total, LDL and HDL), trigylcerides, fasting glucose, creatnine, and anything else that had been abnormal. Liver function (AST/ALT can be checked once a year unless abnormal in which case more often.

I have been favorably impressed with both Dr. Anchana and Dr. Puchai at the Samitivej Wellness center, they are very thorough and always take the time to review history and past findings (not always the case in Thailand!). I have not, sorry to say, been impressed with Bumrungrad's Health Screening department in this regard. No experience with Vejthani.

If you have not already, you should have a stress test and then repeat every one to two years depending on your age and results.

Thanks Sheryl,

Ive always found Samitivej good and will take your advice and see one of the two docs you mention. I had a stress test in Oz a few days ago and it was positive re heart.

thanks again, Glen