Thai Ladies On Motorbike (Scooter)

Semper

On a hot sunny day, when they are driving or sit as a pillion, they are covering themself up with jackets, umbrellas, newspapers etc.

But they insist on wearing their very short shorts, whithout protection for their legs. Why do they do this? :rolleyes:

Edited by Semper

Yes, I've wondered the same.....but no complaints from me. Makes an otherwise boring trip to town interesting. One of the most beautiful sights in the world is to see those mini skirted student girls [penguins] riding side saddle on the back of a Fino.

Call me a sexixt perv, but why do they dress so sexy, like bargirls,unless they don't want us too look???

To the OP, would you prefer they wore a helmet or leg protection? How about farang guys wearing shorts and riding scooters? Another pointless thread, but nevertheless, there's nothing that warms my heart more than a gorgeous set of young legs riding by. Have had near misses driving when unilaterally gawking at said honeys. But then, that's just me.

The whitening obsession is very focused on the face. Then less so on the upper body. Then only a little attention is paid to the legs and finally feet.

Depending on how powerful the various concoctions used are, you can often see a clear line where the woman has 2 different skin colours, often on the neck or just below the hairline on the forehead. This is caused by using a whitening lotion on one area of skin and not on an adjoining part.

Cuz they are all stupid who worries about going brown when RED is the colour theyll be if they survive the trip on a bike here

So you consider farang guys who ride around in their shorts "stupid?" Rather judgmental, don't you think?

Cuz they are all stupid who worries about going brown when RED is the colour theyll be if they survive the trip on a bike here

So you consider farang guys who ride around in their shorts "stupid?" Rather judgmental, don't you think?

How the F*** do you read that into what I said????? ANYONE who rides round without everything protected on a bike is stupid but the topic was aimed directly at GURLS, you know how many die on bikes in Thailand each year dont you???

Sure theyll say we take a risk but ask them the same question in hospital with half their face missin g unable to walk again and see if you get the same answer

Edited by travelmann

How the F*** do you read that into what I said????? ANYONE who rides round without everything protected on a bike is stupid but the topic was aimed directly at GURLS, you know how many die on bikes in Thailand each year dont you???

Sure theyll say we take a risk but ask them the same question in hospital with half their face missin g unable to walk again and see if you get the same answer

Whilst I understand what you're saying, even being fully covered will not protect you in the event of an accident - unless you're wearing full (Western) motorbike leather gear!

My jeans and shirt would be shredded by the road in no time at all....

Ahhh, I see. "ANYONE who rides round without everything protected on a bike is stupid." Thanks for the clarification. Because you see, there are quite a few idiots on this forum who would deride a Thai for a certain act/behavior, even though the same act/behavior is exhibited by non-Thais in the same proportion. Just wanted to see if you were one of those.

To the OP, would you prefer they wore a helmet or leg protection? How about farang guys wearing shorts and riding scooters? Another pointless thread, but nevertheless, there's nothing that warms my heart more than a gorgeous set of young legs riding by. Have had near misses driving when unilaterally gawking at said honeys. But then, that's just me.

Actually Berkshire....:whistling:

It's not just you.......

Is it just me, or are these questions actually pretty interesting?

I 've wondered this a lot watching TV over here, where you see a many many female presenters who are wearing skirts and sitting down will be clutching a huge cushion in their lap; I always assumed this was to guard against an inadvertent underwear flash when they move.

On Korean TV women sitting down on game shows wearing skirts will be frankly carrying blankets, which they drape their whole lower body in, again for modesty's sake I presume.

But then why wear these things?? But then again we've all met the western woman wearing a short skirt who is continually tugging it down.... This must be telling us something about female psychology but I don't know what.

Didn't Oscar Wilde say only superficial things are really interesting-the most important things are visible not invisible. I sort of believe this.

Whilst I understand what you're saying, even being fully covered will not protect you in the event of an accident - unless you're wearing full (Western) motorbike leather gear!

My jeans and shirt would be shredded by the road in no time at all....

30 years a biker and its exactly what I meant (full leathers). Realistically its never going to happen for most Thais.

Edited by travelmann

Travelman is right of course, but wearing full protection is never going to happen in Thailand. Even wearing helmets is ignored unless the police are checking on a regular basis... like Bangkok and Pattaya. You never see Thais wearing helmets at night when the police seem to go off duty. I always wear a helmet, but usually ride in shorts and sandals. I've come off the bike a few times but all I've suffered is road rash.

We call them Thai tatoos

Ians_leg_Em.sized.jpg

Ians_arm_Em.sized.jpg

Edited by IanForbes

The sun is far more dangerous than any accident, god forbid a girl getting a brown face :o

The question was about not covering their legs.

Not all Thai lasses adorn themselves with short-shorts.

Is it just me, or are these questions actually pretty interesting?

I 've wondered this a lot watching TV over here, where you see a many many female presenters who are wearing skirts and sitting down will be clutching a huge cushion in their lap; I always assumed this was to guard against an inadvertent underwear flash when they move.

On Korean TV women sitting down on game shows wearing skirts will be frankly carrying blankets, which they drape their whole lower body in, again for modesty's sake I presume.

But then why wear these things?? But then again we've all met the western woman wearing a short skirt who is continually tugging it down.... This must be telling us something about female psychology but I don't know what.

Didn't Oscar Wilde say only superficial things are really interesting-the most important things are visible not invisible. I sort of believe this.

Thanks for spoiling my next topic. :lol: