How Do I Edit My Post?

Soph

...but, I cant see how to edit a post, say if - as in my last post i make a spelling mistake, any info cheers x

There should be a series of buttons under the post, such as "Edit", "Quote" & "Reply"

although the "Edit" function is removed after a few minutes to prevent people from editing their posts several days later.

I'm just gunna move this to forum support...

I believe you have 30 mins before it's non-editable.

I think that is unless someone posts after you? Then it can only be done by a Mod

Edit/ Ha ha, :o on the bottom right hand side of your post it will have 3 blue boxes saying "Reply" "Quote" and "Edit". The "Edit" box then dissapears if someone posts after you or after 30 mins as George says

Edited by mrbojangles

• 1 month later...

My preference would be that the we be allowed to edit our own posts at anytime. I participate in several forums that use the same software used here on TV, and on those boards you can edit your own post at anytime. I think it makes it easier, to correct inaccuracies, esp. spelling/typing errors in my case. You can also add a reason for the edit, which is displayed as part of the post.

My preference would be that the we be allowed to edit our own posts at anytime. I participate in several forums that use the same software used here on TV, and on those boards you can edit your own post at anytime. I think it makes it easier, to correct inaccuracies, esp. spelling/typing errors in my case. You can also add a reason for the edit, which is displayed as part of the post.

Just to clean up after those Chang powered posts huh?

:o

Just to clean up after those Chang powered posts huh?

:o

Actually, I don't drink alcohol, but I am a terrible typist, and sometimes I screw up the HTML stuff for URL's. However it is easy enough to copy (or quote), correct and re-paste so it's not a big deal. I was just wondering if it is indeed a feature, and if so, was a concious decision made to disable it, or would the owners consider enabling it.

The human brain is strange. You type something and read and re-read it. Often you do not see your own typos because your brain tells you what should be there, not what you typed. (and reading in pre-view)

Different story after a few hours.

For this reason a longer edit-time would be helpfull although it will be useless once somebody quoted your message wehich only that poster or a mod could correct.