Grilled Chicken In Pattaya?

manarak

I know the german garden offers grilled chicken, but it is on sundays only.

I'd like to find a restaurant in Pattaya where I can enjoy grilled chicken (or chicken wings, baked or grilled but not fried please) every day?

Any ideas?

Maybe I should have formulated my request in a more precise manner, I am in fact looking for a full service restaurant. I beg your pardon if I confused you into thinking stalls and roadside grillers could meet the requirement.

A full service restaurant offers fine dining with a wide selection of foods and beverages, and table service.

BTW, I visited Klein Heidelberg today in Naklua soi 18 and the half chicken was good. Not stellar, but it delivered solid.

Still welcoming other ideas.

I have a related chicken question. Does anyone know what those red chicken franchised chain vendors use to make their chickens so greasy/fatty? If you buy them fresh there's a load of juice in them, that can't be very healthy. Sometimes I noticed the workers there pouring lots of fatty oil on them. What is that stuff? I would guess palm oil, but does anyone know? The more traditional grilled chicken places often have dry chicken but that chain place is the other extreme.

Edited by Jingthing

red chicken franchised chain vendors

would that be KFC or what chain are you speaking about?

I'm used to german grilled chicken, and they are usually very juicy, but it's not all fat or oil.

No, it's a Thai chain of enclosed street carts. They are very common, but don't know what the firm is called. I do buy from them but I think their chicken is making me fatter! I like to use grilled chicken in my cooking. Their chicken isn't naturally juicy, they aggressively add something to it and I want to know what exactly.

they aggressively add something to it and I want to know what exactly.

I asked the Misses and she said they add Butter.

She also said, that constantly adding the butter will prevent it from burning.

OMG. Probably not "real" butter either but that weird stuff you see at the roti places I would guess. Also it doesn't taste like real butter but really I can't identify the extra grease taste, except for tasting not quite natural. I've never seen a butter product there, only vats of melted fatty substance that appears in such a volume I guessed it was more than the natural drippings. Anyway, thanks for the info. It's a start.

That same chain does fried chicken as an option (they don't do both at the same carts). I wouldn't be too surprised if the grilled chicken actually has more fat than the fried chicken.

Edited by Jingthing

That same chain does fried chicken as an option (they don't do both at the same carts). I wouldn't be too surprised if the grilled chicken actually has more fat than the fried chicken.

That wouldn't be surprising, as I think grilled chicken tastes better, therefore the conclusion can be drawn....

When I grill a chicken, I stuff it with about 250g of salted butter and garlic cloves

Try the "Deutsches Haus" on Beachroad near Soi 4. They serve traditional German Grilled Chicke on an upright skewer and it tastes a lot better then Carrefours, Foodland etc. Also, I suspect that any grilled chicken which you buy from Thai places are marinated with naam pla, I just dont like the flavour/taste of them.