Atm Fees Charged

averagejoey

on top of what your foreign bank will charge and the card transactor eg Visa . It aint worth it , RIP OFF

It seems that no matter which way you attempt to exchange small amounts foreign currency, it = rip off.

jb1

Some will tell you that AEON does not charge the 150 baht fee, which is true,, but the exchange rate is much lower so you come out the same.....

Not so, at least in my experience over the last 18 months that I've been using AEON on a U.S. bank.

About an hour and a half ago I hit \the AEON ATM machine at Klong 7 Thanyaburi, just checked my U.S. account online, the exchange rate is baht 30.076 = $1.

The current Siam Commercial Bank rate is: 29.79 http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/index.jsp

Gotcha!

Mc

Some will tell you that AEON does not charge the 150 baht fee, which is true,, but the exchange rate is much lower so you come out the same.....

and the one in Carrefour in Pattaya never works.

Perhaps you are just unlucky.

The one in Carefour always works, it just doesn't have any money in it because everyone knows where it is

Try the one of the two at Tesco North or Home Works at Big C South and you will save the 150 THB surcharge plus you can get as much baht as your home bank allows on a daily basis

And the exchange rate is always the same if not better than any Thai bank gives you

The one in Carefour always works, it just doesn't have any money in it because everyone knows where it is

Try the one of the two at Tesco North or Home Works at Big C South and you will save the 150 THB surcharge plus you can get as much baht as your home bank allows on a daily basis

And the exchange rate is always the same if not better than any Thai bank gives you

BTW, AEON does charge the baht 150 on the other two U.S. bank ATM cards I have, it's only the third one that's free.... Can't figure this one out.

Mac

This is real news Thanyaburi Mac have never been charged the fee at AEON using E"trade Branded VISA Debit Card or Capital One Debit card (before they changed to the Cirus network)

Is the 150 THB fee annotated on your AEON receipt and / or did they warn you before finishing the transaction ?

Every Saturday for the last year?

BTW, AEON does charge the baht 150 on the other two U.S. bank ATM cards I have, it's only the third one that's free.... Can't figure this one out.

Mac

You can figure it out because you are probably wrong. If they are on the Visa/Mastercard network it will be your financial institution making the charges.

Every Saturday for the last year?

See post #10.

Every time I looked, it was either working or being filled with cash.

Don't they have a lot of nerve charging $5 to make a withdrawl with a foreign card? In addition, my bank charges me an additional $3 for what I don't know, and 3% of the amount withdrawn. They tell me it's 2%, but the math says 3%. All banks, worldwide, are criminals. It's no wonder that bank robbers, like John Dillinger, were folk heroes.

Don't they have a lot of nerve charging $5 to make a withdrawl with a foreign card? In addition, my bank charges me an additional $3 for what I don't know, and 3% of the amount withdrawn. They tell me it's 2%, but the math says 3%. All banks, worldwide, are criminals. It's no wonder that bank robbers, like John Dillinger, were folk heroes.

This is real news Thanyaburi Mac have never been charged the fee at AEON using E"trade Branded VISA Debit Card or Capital One Debit card (before they changed to the Cirus network)

Is the 150 THB fee annotated on your AEON receipt and / or did they warn you before finishing the transaction ?

Did not show up on my receipt but I called BOA' 5 minutes after and it showed up along with their 2% charge.

Did not show up on my receipt but I called BOA' 5 minutes after and it showed up along with their 2% charge.

It's not anything to do with AEON. We had another American claim the same thing a while ago. He soon realised that he had made a mistake. Look to your own bank.

Here

What it costs:

$2.00

Non-Bank of America ATM fee in the U.S. for: withdrawals, transfers and balance inquiries. Internationally, it's $5.00 per transaction.

It's ludicrous that people don't even know what their bank is charging them.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Complete and udder nonsense. I pay 2-3% with BOA and your link only verify's my info. They used to charge $5 per transaction but now make more % wise. Here is my link http://www.usatoday.com/travel/deals/inside/2009-05-21-best-overseas-credit-card_N.htm I have travelled here many times b4 and and after they changed their policy. Further I have spoken to branch managers about this policy. Do you have a BOA account? Please do not frame my honest factual question as I am seeking a response from fellow yanks using AEON that have BOA accounts. If you are attempting to bait me in to a inflammatory response you are barkiing up the wrong tree.

Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender ©2011 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.
Which credit and debit cards are best overseas?

Posted 5/21/2009 5:00 AM |

But I am still waiting for Thanyaburi Mac to answer since he was the first to mention the 150 THB charge at an AEON ATM

Complete and udder nonsense. I pay 2-3% with BOA and your link only verify's my info. They used to charge $5 per transaction but now make more % wise. Here is my link http://www.usatoday.com/travel/deals/inside/2009-05-21-best-overseas-credit-card_N.htm I have travelled here many times b4 and and after they changed their policy. Further I have spoken to branch managers about this policy. Do you have a BOA account? Please do not frame my honest factual question as I am seeking a response from fellow yanks using AEON that have BOA accounts. If you are attempting to bait me in to a inflammatory response you are barkiing up the wrong tree.

Use your intelligence man. They are charging you US$5 plus likely taking a forex commission.

I have already stated that we had another forum member who made the same mistake.

Read your own 2 year old link; When you use a debit (ATM) card for cash outside the US, your bank adds some combination of a per-withdrawal fee up to $5, a conversion fee up to 3%, or maybe both

The link that I have supplied from BOA is current. Why do you question it?

The US$5 charge is from them.

From the BOA website:

Traveling Internationally?

Use your ATM card or debit card within our Global ATM Alliance with no fees in the countries below.

BNP Paribas (France)

BNL d'Italia (Italy)

Barclays (United Kingdom)

Deutsche Bank (Germany)

Scotiabank (Canada)

Westpac (Australia and New Zealand)

In addition, Bank of America has arranged for you to use your debit or ATM cards in China at China Construction Bank

ATMs (China Construction Bank ATMs in Hong Kong are not included) and in Mexico at Banco Santander with no ATM

Operator Fees or Non-Bank of America International ATM fees. An International Transaction Fee of 1% for converting

your currency may apply.

So that is US$5 plus a 1% conversion charge, solely from BOA. Does that tally with what you have been charged?

Say if i used a non aeon bank that charges 150b upfront. Then BOA still dings me 2% on top. Each and every time. No additional 5 bucks. AEON's weird. I used to not get the 5$ charge but recently i have.' cest la vie

Again, look to your bank as to why you get the charge variance. It's nothing to do with AEON.

Perhaps something to do with how BOA recognises merchant codes.

My bank statenebt shows a $6 charge from aeon. 2% from BOA on top. Aftter AEON updated their atm's . Do yoy have a BOA account? The 2 year post u refer 2 was when BOA changed from $5 fkat to % based. We are trying to have a factual disscusion here between BOA customers.

My bank statenebt shows a $6 charge from aeon. 2% from BOA on top. Aftter AEON updated their atm's . Do yoy have a BOA account? The 2 year post u refer 2 was when BOA changed from $5 fkat to % based. We are trying to have a factual disscusion here between BOA customers.

Is there something wrong with you? :rolleyes: There is no charge from AEON.

Your own two year old link claims nothing of the sort.

It is clearly written that BOA charge US$5 plus a 1% conversion fee. This tallies exactly with what is on the BOA website.

Where is your link to show that this is not the case? Perhaps you can highlight the relevant paragraph where it tells us that BOA abandoned the US$5 withdrawal charge and changed to a % based system.

You appear to have some problems with simple comprehension. BOA kept the US$5 charge and implemented a 1% forex commission.

From your link;

Debit (ATM) cards for cash

Until recently, the only extra charge you paid was a flat fee for each withdrawal from a foreign ATM, regardless of the amount of money you received. Lately, however, some big banks have added a conversion surcharge. Here are current costs per transaction and exchange surcharges for withdrawing cash from a foreign ATM:

Bank of America(a) : $0/0 percent

Bank of America: $5/1 percent

Citibank(B): $0/1 percent

Citibank $1.50/1 percent

JP Morgan Chase: $3/3 percent

US Bank $2/1 percent

USAA: $0/1 percent

Wells Fargo: $5/0 percent

So far I have presented the published 'facts'. Maybe it is time that you presented yours.