Driving From Bangkok To Phuket On April 13

phukethome

But with the water throwing starting tomorrow in Petchaburi, Prachuap and probably Surat provinces you can almost expect everywhere to be flooded again...good luck and be careful

not floded, but almost closed by Songkran celebration. I would wait until the 15th

But with the water throwing starting tomorrow in Petchaburi, Prachuap and probably Surat provinces you can almost expect everywhere to be flooded again...good luck and be careful

not floded, but almost closed by Songkran celebration. I would wait until the 15th

15th/16th are also not so good travelling days I'm afraid. Once I tried to drive from Buriram to Hua Hin the 16th, didn't make it, ended up spending the night in a roadside hotel 100 KM north of Hua Hin. From Khorat (Nakhon Ratchasima) to Bangkok I made an average speed of 30 KM per hour, just too many cars on the road. South of Bangkok it was slightly better. Days like that, at the gasstations you hardly find a place to park.

15th/16th are also not so good travelling days I'm afraid. Once I tried to drive from Buriram to Hua Hin the 16th, didn't make it, ended up spending the night in a roadside hotel 100 KM north of Hua Hin. From Khorat (Nakhon Ratchasima) to Bangkok I made an average speed of 30 KM per hour, just too many cars on the road. South of Bangkok it was slightly better. Days like that, at the gasstations you hardly find a place to park.

agreed, I wouldnt go more than 20 km before Tuesday 19th this year. Holiday over :)