Wearing Of M/C Helmets In Pattaya

electrozebra

if the driver has a helmet and the passenger doesn't, the driver gets fined.

OK, thanks for that. Looks like a new helmet for the better half and 'fiddle' to the new hair do :lol:

One area of Thailand is never the same as another regarding the rules and regulations. She can have a helmet or pay me the fine :unsure:

Actually it seems that only the first two people on a bike needs to wear a helmet. The logic is that you are only allowed to be two on a bike so remaining passengers don't count. Thai logic :)

No, its a 500 Baht fine for more than 2 on a bike...signs are all over Pattaya...even the taxi guys are reluctant to take 2

Actually it seems that only the first two people on a bike needs to wear a helmet. The logic is that you are only allowed to be two on a bike so remaining passengers don't count. Thai logic :)

No, its a 500 Baht fine for more than 2 on a bike...signs are all over Pattaya...even the taxi guys are reluctant to take 2

Yes they will be fined for being more than 2 on a bike but not for more than second passenger not wearing a helmet.

Yes they will be fined for being more than 2 on a bike but not for more than second passenger not wearing a helmet.

Not intending to have a threesome, but if it is offered...... :rolleyes:

Everybody on a motorcycle should be wearing a helmet - no exceptions.

Who gets fined or not will be at the discretion of the police that stop you, i would say you should both be fined.

Not necessarily. It's a grey area if you're dealing with a 3rd person or more as they shouldn't legally be on there in the first place. What bothers me is when you see a husband and wife wearing helmets while their child or children are not.

...and what's the deal with Sikhs who don't need to wear them? If reckon that's bs (pardon me ... unfair) and they should be forced to wear a modified helmet at their expense.

I've only ever seen Farang pulled over for 3 on a bike (including myself). Has anyone ever seen young kids (often under license age) who often ride 3 or more to school get booked?

Who gets fined or not will be at the discretion of the police that stop you, i would say you should both be fined.

...and what's the deal with Sikhs who don't need to wear them? If reckon that's bs (pardon me ... unfair) and they should be forced to wear a modified helmet at their expense.

Did you have something in mind like this Turban.jpg

Unless you are a cop then the rules don't apply to you and you can do whatever the flock you please...

I don't think in all my travels around the country I have ever seen a cop minus his helmet ? :huh:

Just look around Pattaya... I see them all the time with just a ball cap or nothing at all... FULL UNIFORM and no helmet..

Did you have something in mind like this Turban.jpg

fantastic!

where can i get one?

I've only ever seen Farang pulled over for 3 on a bike (including myself). Has anyone ever seen young kids (often under license age) who often ride 3 or more to school get booked?

Yep... Many times in Ban Amphur.

if the driver has a helmet and the passenger doesn't, the driver gets fined.

Except between midnight and 6 am when there are no traffic police about.

Captain obvious saved us again!

Could you please explain the reason for your sarcasm. What I stated is hardly obvious and the information would be interesting for many.

Yep... Many times in Ban Amphur.

Good to see they're doing some work over there. I see it in Bangkok too, but this is the Pattaya forum so didn't think I had to qualify my statement.