Complaints Filed Against Topless Women Dancing During Songkran.

Lite Beer

Breast are great, guys love them, girls love them, they are to be celebrated and adored in public, in the office, at home and on rooftops. If you are offended by bare breasts in any shape or form weather in public or in private you seriously need to get a life.

Why don't you hang a picture from a 80 year old woman with bare breasts on the wall of your office and enjoy it every day. You might ask your collegues if they feel offended?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said that the clip has negatively affected the image of Thai culture and that all parties involved with such behaviour should be punished, while asking police to give importance to this issue, for it destroys the country's reputation.

Just what does he think Thailand's reputation is? Shocking how this wonderful pure society will be marred by these hussies! The fact they are allowed to flaunt themselves in public and sell their bodies with impunity in bars often owned by policemen is doing far, far worse damage.

500 Baht for dancing topless; 100,000 baht or 5 years for uploading the video to Youtube... The message is that it is not a big deal to dance topless in public - as long as nobody finds out. Pretty much like Thai politics...

Often owned by the BOYS in BKK running the country

This is a good start. Continue with the bargirls ( fine 5000bth) Bar owners 500 000 bth fine. If the bar owner is a policeman set the fine to 2000000 bth and 15 years of prison. If a high ranked military or politician is involved, - just shoot them to maintain the good reputation of the good morality of Thailand.

Amen

"The clip negatively affected the image of Thai culture" But the endless clips of Jet ski scammers and corrupt officials dont :lol:

On last Tuesday ...one Indian tourist contributed.to the jet-ski Mafia 100.000.00 Bht.Not a typing mistake!! SPOKEN TO HIM PERSONALLY. The fine for the dancer of 500.00 Bht..is strictly according to law.If you urinate behind a tree YOU are fined the same a mouth .

The clip was pulled from YouTube? On who's authority? Some Thai ponce is controlling the world wide web? I doubt it.

As I mentioned it was pulled for failing to abide by YouTube's TOS (Terms of service), specifically nudity. Suspect the Thai government didn't have anything to do with it, just standard protocol by YouTube.

The clip was pulled from YouTube? On who's authority? Some Thai ponce is controlling the world wide web? I doubt it.

Have you never used Youtube? Nudity is not allowed. Except for educational material, there are some videos of breast examinations but that's all you will ever find there.

I watched the uncensored video and it is still out there.

This is extremely bad for the country's image around the world.

It has the semblance of the Brits loutish behaviour in the Spanish holiday resorts.

It is simply done in bad taste and should be kept in the bars. In fact these girls have brought the bar culture out onto the streets in full view of children and for the world to see.

A 500 baht fine is a joke for lowering Thailand's image to rock bottom.

I guess that the pillocks who uploaded the video onto the Internet are shiteing their pants right now and the girls claim to fame has backfired on them.

You are joking, i hope..........

No I am certainly not joking.

This event may seem harmless enough, but this leads to other things and sooner or later becomes more extreme.

For example, in Britain young teens and thugs have practically taken over the streets and this is exactly how it all starts if rules are relaxed.

Personally I don't want to see too many Western influences in Thailand, I love the country just the way it is.

Boundaries need to be drawn otherwise it will lead to the demise of the whole of Thai culture, just as what has happened in the UK.

I am not a prude or in anyway against this sort of thing, providing it is done at the right places, only for adults and not as a public spectacle for all and sundry.

Hey Beetlejuice,

I love Thailand as well and do not want to see it changed too much for it is beautiful as it is.

Although there are some points that could be improved, but that is like any other country in the world, not one of them is perfect.

Thai people are beautiful and a joy to be around, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

In Thai culture (not that long ago) however it was perfectly normal for women to be dressed topless, so showing their breasts in public was perfectly normal.

It was Western influence that changed this and labeled it indecent to dress topless.

I think I underestimated the authorities earlier. This is clearly a clever initiative from TAT to promote tourism at Songkran to compete with Rio's carnival and it will clearly be quite successful as the news and pictures are flashed around the world. The girls were recruited by the TAT for the PR stunt and paid enough to easily cover the modest B500 fines. It may even launch modelling careers for them in local men's magazines. In order to be successful it was necessary not to inform the BIB or the Ministry of Culture in advance to ensure they would act like bafoons and guarantee maximum global publicity. They played their parts masterfully.

I watched the uncensored video and it is still out there.

This is extremely bad for the country's image around the world.

It has the semblance of the Brits loutish behaviour in the Spanish holiday resorts.

It is simply done in bad taste and should be kept in the bars. In fact these girls have brought the bar culture out onto the streets in full view of children and for the world to see.

A 500 baht fine is a joke for lowering Thailand's image to rock bottom.

I guess that the pillocks who uploaded the video onto the Internet are shiteing their pants right now and the girls claim to fame has backfired on them.

You are joking, i hope..........

No I am certainly not joking.

This event may seem harmless enough, but this leads to other things and sooner or later becomes more extreme.

For example, in Britain young teens and thugs have practically taken over the streets and this is exactly how it all starts if rules are relaxed.

Personally I don't want to see too many Western influences in Thailand, I love the country just the way it is.

Boundaries need to be drawn otherwise it will lead to the demise of the whole of Thai culture, just as what has happened in the UK.

I am not a prude or in anyway against this sort of thing, providing it is done at the right places, only for adults and not as a public spectacle for all and sundry.

Hey Beetlejuice,

I love Thailand as well and do not want to see it changed too much for it is beautiful as it is.

Although there are some points that could be improved, but that is like any other country in the world, not one of them is perfect.

Thai people are beautiful and a joy to be around, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

In Thai culture (not that long ago) however it was perfectly normal for women to be dressed topless, so showing their breasts in public was perfectly normal.

It was Western influence that changed this and labeled it indecent to dress topless.

It was us with our puritan philosophy that corrupted them and also brought many diseases not only here but every place on this earth.Then we wonder why no one likes us.

Well the Thai Governments 'Ministry of Information and CommunicationTechnology(MICT)the government censorship arm!..Just have a look on WIKIILEAKS...1500 sites blocked and counting this year alone !!

8><---SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ----><8

It was us with our puritan philosophy that corrupted them and also brought many diseases not only here but every place on this earth.Then we wonder why no one likes us.

Speak for yourself, mate.

I have rarely encountered animosity wherever I've gone.

Of course, the trouble with the diseases is that one does not realise that one carries diseases from which we ourselves do not suffer. LIke you, I believe that in an ideal world, no-one should be allowed to travel to foreign countries, nor to mix with people from other races, but sadly the world in which we live, although the best of all possible, is not ideal, and therefore we must (as I have said often-times before) soldier on through this purgatory the best that we can, and make as little of our burdens and hardships as we can.

I don't think that the puritan philosophy and diseases are related. And to be honest, I don't think that a presbyterian work ethic would go amiss amongst my local colleagues, as it would give them something to do in the long hours they spend idling in the office.

SC

Yes, it isn't nice to have pictures of naked women dancing on a street as a national image.

But, then I still can't reconcile this hypocrisy from the suited overlords claiming that this one event causes significant damage to Thailand's reputation. It isn't as though Thailand's international reputation, when it comes to sex, had too far to fall.

Yahoo Answers. What is Thailand famous for?

Sex has 3 mentions

Prostitution 1 mentions

out of a total of 12 answers.

It is fake moral outrage that sticks in my craw. If the authorities don't like it, close it down. If they approve, let it continue. But don't continue to peddle this 19th century myth that Thai land doesn't have this type of industry, and that in reality, that Thai cultural values towards sex, roles of men and women and marriage don't match those of the West. The funniest thing is the 500 baht fine. I guess that law was on the books 100 years ago, to try and bring some semblance of civility to the streets, and 500 baht was equivalent to 10mn.

It is only a while ago that men had multiple wives and all the women walked around topless.

Well, at least one thing hasn't changed that much from 100 years ago.

Yeah but I always hear, love you long time hansum maaaan....

Do you mean they are lying? Did we Westerners bring that disease with us too? I think you should do a little reading about the historical role of women and the sex industry in Thailand, before you accuse westerners of being the source of this issue in Thailand.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Ah Thailand - the new hub of double standards! In a country of total gender confusion, guys with boobs and indoor plumbing, women with girlfriends, ladyboys, queens, giks and meanois on every middle income, well to do, businessmen arms as well as many politicians and police? Get a life? What stupidity Thailand continues to display and how inept these mindless complainants are. angry.gif

The sad thing is there has been 300 deaths (official statistic's...:whistling: ) over Songkran and where is the outrage over this ???.....but a couple of females lift their shirts and show their t*ts and everyone comes out the tree's...:unsure:

Rather pathetic..

That comparison is not appropriate, the 300 deaths were causes of accidents, not voluntary activities, the lifting of the girls shirts or blouses to expose their XYZ's were not caused by accidents, they were voluntary activities and thus illegal, hence the fines.

That comparison is not appropriate, the 300 deaths were causes of accidents, not voluntary activities, the lifting of the girls shirts or blouses to expose their XYZ's were not caused by accidents, they were voluntary activities and thus illegal, hence the fines.

Drinking booze before getting into a car and then smashing the car up is a voluntary activity and is also illegal...:whistling: ......therefore the vast majority of the 300 deaths were not "accidents"....:jap:

Ah Thailand - the new hub of double standards! In a country of total gender confusion, guys with boobs and indoor plumbing, women with girlfriends, ladyboys, queens, giks and meanois on every middle income, well to do, businessmen arms as well as many politicians and police? Get a life? What stupidity Thailand continues to display and how inept these mindless complainants are. angry.gif

The sad thing is there has been 300 deaths (official statistic's...:whistling: ) over Songkran and where is the outrage over this ???.....but a couple of females lift their shirts and show their t*ts and everyone comes out the tree's...:unsure:

Rather pathetic..

I don't think anyone is particularly outraged by the ladies' breasts either; they committed a misdemeanour, exposing themselves in public, and were given an appropriate fine under the law. Youtube withdrew material that conflicted with its policy on nudity. Its just those of us with more time than diversion that choose to bicker about it incessantly.

Most of the fatalities were caused by 'deliberate' actions as well - riding a motorbike drunk without a helmet, throwing water at passing motorcyclists, sitting on the tailgate of a pickup while drunk, etc. So long as people enjoy themselves and have a good time, eh?

The fatalities from traffic accidents this Songkran are down substantially on previous years, I believe, though that is probably due to the weather at the beginning of the festivities rather than improving enforcement or public behaviour - God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves...

SC

Silom, topless dancers....and the news is?

Well, Patpong is off of Silom Road. Now, where they big and deadly knockers or them little fake ones. Didn't anyone get any pictures, because I wasn't able to see anything on youtube.com and judge for myself.

If anyone wants to see woman's breasts, then go to San Francisco around the middle of June and you will see Dykes on Bikes, riding around on Harleys with no shirt or bra on. They don't get fined for indecent exposure.

Edited by elshaheen

If anyone wants to see woman's breasts, then go to San Francisco around the middle of June and you will see Dykes on Bikes, riding around on Harleys with no shirt or bra on. They don't get fined for indecent exposure.

If anyone should get fiined for indecent exposure it is the Dykes on Bikes. Yeccch! :bah:

Rather pathetic..

I don't think anyone is particularly outraged by the ladies' breasts either; they committed a misdemeanour, exposing themselves in public, and were given an appropriate fine under the law. Youtube withdrew material that conflicted with its policy on nudity. Its just those of us with more time than diversion that choose to bicker about it incessantly.

Most of the fatalities were caused by 'deliberate' actions as well - riding a motorbike drunk without a helmet, throwing water at passing motorcyclists, sitting on the tailgate of a pickup while drunk, etc. So long as people enjoy themselves and have a good time, eh?

The fatalities from traffic accidents this Songkran are down substantially on previous years, I believe, though that is probably due to the weather at the beginning of the festivities rather than improving enforcement or public behaviour - God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves...

SC

Not many people (including myself) are outraged or upset about the girls, but the girls activities can not, and should not be "compared" with the accidents of the 300 deaths.

Some of those mad and disastrous driver conducts are part and parcel of the accidents, nevertheless, none of them planed do "die" whilst driving, or intended to cause death to others , those were / are accidents whatever the causes.

On the other hand, the activities of the girls were not based on accidents, nor were they forced to it, their decision to do what they did was entirely voluntary, hence the legal fine.

One should not compare the girls activity with the 300 traffic deaths ... accidents are mishaps ... whereas voluntary decisions are based on free choices, thus the former and the later are not comparable.

SC

Not many people (including myself) are outraged or upset about the girls, but the girls activities can not, and should not be "compared" with the accidents of the 300 deaths.

Some of those mad and disastrous driver conducts are part and parcel of the accidents, nevertheless, none of them planed do "die" whilst driving, or intended to cause death to others , those were / are accidents whatever the causes.

On the other hand, the activities of the girls were not based on accidents, nor were they forced to it, their decision to do what they did was entirely voluntary, hence the legal fine.

One should not compare the girls activity with the 300 traffic deaths ... accidents are mishaps ... whereas voluntary decisions are based on free choices, thus the former and the later are not comparable.

You are really confused here. As has been said, most of the casualties on the roads were not "accidents" but the result of voluntary actions. Drinking before and during driving, driving without seat belts, without helmets on bikes, too many people on a bike, overloaded trucks, keeping speeds exceeding the driver's capability etc. Most of these casualities were avoidable since they were the result of a voluntary decision by someone. And the comparison between the outcry in Thai media over the three girls and the indifference to the dead people is perfectly valid. Your conclusions are without base.

Just remind me how many people were killed over Songkran, how many buckets of water were thrown into the faces of motorcyclists causing a some to fall off, I know of one young girl that was killed in such an incident and people are causing such a fuss over these two young women having fun - pathetic.

Interesting comment about water in bikers faces... 1,000km around towns and villages and I didn't once see any bikes in danger nor was I "assaulted" whilst in motion. Oh and befoer you say "farang" I wear a full face with tinted visor and gloves which means you cant tell... I know from my chats with the BIB.

Guess it depends where you are.

That apart, dancing naked in the street is wrong.

Posting it on the net doesn't help.

The fact that the country has a tarnished reputation is all the more reason to clamp down don't you think...

You are really confused here. As has been said, most of the casualties on the roads were not "accidents" but the result of voluntary actions. Drinking before and during driving, driving without seat belts, without helmets on bikes, too many people on a bike, overloaded trucks, keeping speeds exceeding the driver's capability etc. Most of these casualities were avoidable since they were the result of a voluntary decision by someone. And the comparison between the outcry in Thai media over the three girls and the indifference to the dead people is perfectly valid. Your conclusions are without base.

Hear, hear!

If anyone should get fiined for indecent exposure it is the Dykes on Bikes. Yeccch!

Ha Ha Ha, the police would be afraid of them, many are aggressive to say the least, especially after 6 or 7 pints. I wouldn't argue with one in an unlit street I think they are a real turn on----------:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: