Bangkok Bank Money Transfers Not Working

I got off the phone about an hour ago with Bangkok Bank representative that confirmed that they are having a problem with their servers such that any account opened outside Bangkok Province is not able to transfer funds. She reported that internet banking and ATM/CDMs are affected equally, so I saved a trip to the bank.

I tried again 5 minutes ago on internet banking. No go. I was curious to know how often this happens? It's rare that atm banking service will go down network wide, except for scheduled maintenance.

Feedback appreciated.

Also, is it just bangkok bank or are other banks affected?

Edited by 4evermaat

My understanding is that we are having a very rare problem on one of our back end systems which is affecting transfers to up country accounts on almost all channels. We have the vendors in working on it and it should be fixed soon. We sincerely apologise for the delay and impact on our customers.

Ian

Edited by ianguygil

My understanding is that we are having a very rare problem on one of our back end systems which is affecting transfers to up country accounts on almost all channels. We have the vendors in working on it and it should be fixed soon. We sincerely apologise for the delay and impact on our customers.

Ian

I try for 3 days to transfer an amount to a supplier in a Bkk Bank account. After dozen of try it was impossible and I just send the money with a friend. Now I know why

Thank you Ian. Although the weekend and all, plus the timing of the water splashing holiday. CAT CDMA is down in my area of Chumphon, now this. This has been going on for 3 days now? I would ask when you planned to having this fixed, but that would not be very fair to you. I really hope this will be over soon. Or maybe the company has another bank account, but I'll still have to make the trip in town to manually deposit.

What is odd is that not only is internet banking not working, but the phone lady said that ATM/branch was equaliy affected. I have not actually tested this at an ATM/CDM, as I was planning to deposit some funds into someone's bangkok bank account (opened in bangkok).

Can someone confirm that they can withdraw funds from their own bangkok bank account from ATM okay? Also mention the province that the account was opened in.

Edited by 4evermaat

I made two ATM transfers earlier today using BBL to other bank accounts with no indication of problems so must be in house Bangkok Bank accounts only?

If anyone in BBL reading it would be useful to have English language in the full screen fraud warning you have to continue through to make transfers (there is another smaller warning later).

Ian

I try for 3 days to transfer an amount to a supplier in a Bkk Bank account. After dozen of try it was impossible and I just send the money with a friend. Now I know why

Thank you Ian. Although the weekend and all, plus the timing of the water splashing holiday. CAT CDMA is down in my area of Chumphon, now this. This has been going on for 3 days now? I would ask when you planned to having this fixed, but that would not be very fair to you. I really hope this will be over soon. Or maybe the company has another bank account, but I'll still have to make the trip in town to manually deposit.

What is odd is that not only is internet banking not working, but the phone lady said that ATM/branch was equaliy affected. I have not actually tested this at an ATM/CDM, as I was planning to deposit some funds into someone's bangkok bank account (opened in bangkok).

Can someone confirm that they can withdraw funds from their own bangkok bank account from ATM okay? Also mention the province that the account was opened in.

My understanding is that this started just after 6 am today. Please let me confirm that. Thanks,

Just tried to log onto internet banking, and was told the server was busy. BKK bank is usually prettty good.

Please PM me if you get this "server busy" message as that really should not be happening. Thank you.

I received a transfer and was notified early am today via telephone message , so perhaps before problems started ,but did notice all ATM's , not only Bangkok Bank , not working around 9.30 am .

One thing that frustrates me about Bangkok Bank is their lack of ATM's compared to other banks - and often the ATM's they do have are out of service - For instance in Nathon - Koh Samui there is only 1 Bangkok Bank ATM - any reason ? The local manager says I must phone Bangkok to complain .................

I can confirm that this problem started this morning after 6 am. No problem has been oustanding since the weekend (somebody mentioned 3 days which is not correct for this issue).

It should all be fixed and up as of about 3 pm.

Again, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience to our customers. Staff and vendors have been working to resolve this as fast as humanly possible

Best regards

Ian

I can confirm that this problem started this morning after 6 am. No problem has been oustanding since the weekend (somebody mentioned 3 days which is not correct for this issue).

Again, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience to our customers. Staff and vendors have been working to resolve this as fast as humanly possible

Best regards

Ian

Hi Ian - Knowing you, you will throw everything you have got at the situation - You know what, I would not wish to be on the other side - Philip

Best regards

Ian

I was able to reattempt at around 16:20 yesterday to do money transfer on internet to BBK account opened in Bangkok successfully. I later went into Chumphon town and made a purchase from debit card was able to make small withdraw from atm later in the evening no problems.

Thanks again. It was reassuring that I was not being ignored. It's okay when these things happen every once in a blue moon, as banks are typically online near-24/7 minus maintenance perionds.

Edited by 4evermaat

Just curious to the OP or any others impacted, did BKK Bank have any kind of notice up on their web site, in the section where you go to make bank to bank transfers, about the system having any kind of temporary problem and/or that the service wasn't available at present??? Or maybe Ian knows that....

managed to get onto personal banking via mobile this morning, but now buzbanking (via firefox) doesn't seem to want to open.....

Sorry, I need to update, I typed this in a rush off to a quick 10:30 meeting.

FIREFOX is fully supported (3.0 and up) on Bualuang iBanking. It is not currently supported on Business iBanking (I misread your comment). So you will need to use IE on the current release. Please call the Contact Center if you are having problems. Thanks

Edited by ianguygil

Ian, does BBL have a timeline for enabling the Bualuang Business iBanking on Firefox later this year?

Thx, Mark

Yes, it is in plan to add additional browsers to Biz as we did for Consumer. As I have said before the issue is that it adds to the test cycle as we add each browser/OS combination but we are committed to doing that.

For now please use IE8 or IE9. Security on both is good. Almost all IE security problems that people complain about were with 5.5 or before, but we will drop support for IE6 in a future release so please do not install that. Thanks.

Just tried to log onto internet banking, and was told the server was busy. BKK bank is usually prettty good.

Please PM me if you get this "server busy" message as that really should not be happening. Thank you.

I received a transfer and was notified early am today via telephone message , so perhaps before problems started ,but did notice all ATM's , not only Bangkok Bank , not working around 9.30 am .

One thing that frustrates me about Bangkok Bank is their lack of ATM's compared to other banks - and often the ATM's they do have are out of service - For instance in Nathon - Koh Samui there is only 1 Bangkok Bank ATM - any reason ? The local manager says I must phone Bangkok to complain .................

Around the Nation Bangkok Bank has close to 7000 ATMs. On Koh Samui, in addition to the machines located at the 5 Branches, there are a further 37 machines spread about.