Condo Turned Into Indoor Swimming Pool

AlexLah

Hi all,

Was informed Tuesday (while at work) that a leaking waterhose caused severe flooding in my and others appartment.

The source of the problem was in my bathroom where a waterhose cracked and as a result my whole appartment was flooded,

as well as the appartment from direct neighbours on same and the floor below.

Anyway the maintanance lady's did a very good job by coming in with 10 people strong and my rooms where more ore less dry when I arrived.

Apart from some personal damage (computer, and paperwork) the floor in my condo (parquet) is damaged (curling up here and there).

I had to sign some paper for recieving a new hose and confirm that it was installed.

I asked them: who pay for all damage and they said not to worry as the landlord is responsible in such cases as it happened before in some other appartments.

I still have sort of a insecure feeling about it so my question is if somebody had something similair happen to him/her and how was that handled?

Appreciate your advice/comments/questions

Kind regards,

Alex

When I rented the agreement was that I was responsible for any damage that occurred as a result of my actions/inactions and that included the need to maintain the interior, fixtures and fittings of the building. Structural damage resulting from, say storms, subsidence, or poor construction etc was the landlord’s responsibility.

So if I had been using the water hose in the apartment, and failed to fix a leak, it would have been my fault.

While a leaking pipe burried behind a wall would have been the landlord's responsibility.

uuuuurrrrr....

Maintance fee is included in the rental fee.

The hose (you know the one you use to shower your a** with) was not leaking

nor showed any defects when I left my room.

In my homecountry whenever you rent an appartment you should also apply for an insurance, is that available in Thailand?

Cannot remember reading anything in the contract other then I should not make loud noises and have pets, something like that.

But I will check the contract tommorow when I am in office.

Owner was here this morning together with son/BF ore husband, knocking on the floors, did not sound too good......

Just thinking how much to take out old floor and put in a new one (280 s/m).....

Hopefully not have to pay for that :o

Thanks and kind regards,

Alex