Russian Hit By Jet Ski Jomtien Driver Runs Away

Rimmer

I stayed at soi 14 Jomtien @ the Furama hotel from Friday until Wednesday... First off, there is no "Designated swimming area". I was also swimming at this beach, and the banana boat drivers get really close to shore... Dumping their passengers in water that they can stand in... My girlfriend even talked to the passengers asking them how much it costs to ride.

You highlight another danger there how they drop the people on the banana boat in a few inches of water at speed very easy to get a head injury.

I think it was last year a tourist died at kop larn while using banana boat .

No control procedures are in place or if they are no one abides by them. :realangry:

Accidents and deaths will continue until stronger regulations are introduced these machines are dangerous and they are always going close to swimmers.

All jet ski operators are aware many swimmers swim out of the swimming areas.

This from the current issue of Pattaya mail "Maj. Kititat Kanchai of the Pattaya Police Station said the jet ski vendors are also being targeted for drug use and sales. Many times, he said, operators that have been checked tested positive for drugs."

yea!!! And the poor Rusian will have to pay aot to get the blood washedoff the jet ski and lost money from te time times washing it. HA!

The problem here, like in Pattaya and Phuket beaches, is that the swim zones (marked by cabled buoys) alternate with no swim (open) zones. If you sitting at the beach, you want to swim in front of your beach chair, not walk down to the next swim zone.

The solution is to make the entire central beach zone SWIMMING ONLY, and restrict the jet skis and parasailing to either ends of the beach. It would make the beach safer and much quieter.

Roban what you say makes a lot of sense, however there is a huge problem and that is common sense and old fashioned logical thinking have not found thier way to Thailand yet. I do believe tho there are plans to build a HUB of logic as soon as they deciepher exactly what it is everyone is talking about.

In wrong and inexperienced hands those machines are deadly dangerous for themselves and others ... Those tourists who rent those machine have no idea what they have in hands .. time to act and why not, to forbid those machine . :angry:

Listen to the video. He was was hit by an employee of the jet ski vendor who was trying to show off and get tourists to ride the banana boat he was pulling. He was going closer and closer to shore to attract more customers.

This is not an inexperienced jet ski driver...but the Russian should know better than swim outside the designated swim zone.

A dispicable act regardless of whether the Russian was inside or outside the swim area. To simply hit another human being in such a way and then run off and leave them to die is totally uncomprehensible.

In wrong and inexperienced hands those machines are deadly dangerous for themselves and others ... Those tourists who rent those machine have no idea what they have in hands .. time to act and why not, to forbid those machine . :angry:

Listen to the video. He was was hit by an employee of the jet ski vendor who was trying to show off and get tourists to ride the banana boat he was pulling. He was going closer and closer to shore to attract more customers.

This is not an inexperienced jet ski driver...but the Russian should know better than swim outside the designated swim zone.

A dispicable act regardless of whether the Russian was inside or outside the swim area. To simply hit another human being in such a way and then run off and leave them to die is totally uncomprehensible.

Walk along Pattaya beach any day and you will see many jet ski vendors all drinking alcohol and then driving these powerful death traps.

Edited by saintofsilence

of course its not right to run away from the accident!! but the message should be don't swim outside the swimming zone!! if you do you could get hit by a jetski or boat etc etc<div><br></div><div>Why the "jetski's must be banned" attitude, like others say, this is thailand and here you need to open your eyes and your brain watch where you are going and take responsibility for your self, not look at blaming others for everything that goes wrong which is what happens in the western world!!!</div><div><br></div><div>hope the Russian guy recovers soon!</div><div><br></div>

So, because he was swimming outside the swimming zone it is ok to run over and kill him, right?????? Then it would be ok to run over and kill you when you jaywalk downtown also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about that full story al the link gives you is another page with the same info and the message i should buy the pataya newspaper id i want the full story

so s...k that

and why in the video they show a speedboat at the end

?

the speedboat is for rent!!!

of course its not right to run away from the accident!!

To be fair when novice rides this thing without any experience he may not notice a swimmer even after collision.

Maybe he was running away in fear of Being scammed out of thousands of baht for the damage to the jetski.

Then later will return when he realises his is the scammer and has done himself out of drinking money. :D

• 3 weeks later...

of course its not right to run away from the accident!!

To be fair when novice rides this thing without any experience he may not notice a swimmer even after collision.

Maybe he was running away in fear of Being scammed out of thousands of baht for the damage to the jetski.

Then later will return when he realises his is the scammer and has done himself out of drinking money. :D

A few years ago I was living long time Koh Samui, Lamai Beach. I was then run over by a tourist on jetski who quickly disappeared. I was lucky to put my hands up and the guy had not got the jet into full speed..

However complaining to the owner of the jet ski. There was none available. They only laughed at me and thought it was great fun to see one guy being hurt. Phone number to the police they did not have.

I went to the tourist police in Nathon. And was told "I have to show three photographs of the crach," if not they did not bother to take it up. I also tried to write in the then paper on the island but they refused to print it. That is how corrupt this type of thing was down there. Probably the same guys have moved to Pattaya now. Downunderarne

It is about as difficult as to see a child crossing the road in a village if you go on full speed with your car/motorbike. Even slow speed can be too fast, if you are not able to control your vehicle.

Not quite a fair comparison. I guess you have never operated a PWC. The thing is that cars and motorcycles have brakes. If you see a child in your path, you have a chance to stand on the brakes and stop before running someone over. PWC's have no brakes, and do not stop on a dime.

and with footpaths at the road you should not expect an old lady on the way from the market crossing the road on the way home. Please, get a life.

And never cross a road except on pedestrian bridges. I hope you are born on the right side of the road. <_<

Didn't your mom teach you to look both ways before crossing the street? Or - did she send you out to play in the traffic?