How Much You Pay For Sin Sod?

upinthesky

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sin Sot...paid by me = Zero

Although based in tradition, it is also used to extort large quantites of cash from unsuspecting farangs in the name of tradtion.....:rolleyes:

While discussing your impending sin sot with your teeraks family be sure to mention the western tradtion of the brides family paying for everything for the wedding....you may find a compromise is forthcoming....;)

while discussing your impending sin sot with your teeraks family be sure to mention the western tradtion of the brides family paying for everything for the wedding....you may find a compromise is forthcoming....;)

HeHeHe, yeah my inlaws started at 500,000, after a point blank refusal by me it dropped dramatically to the point Iam happy and we are tying the knot on the 7th of May, the family reckons I'm a cheap coont, I call it being "thrift" and the new price negotiated allows a V8 install on my pickup !!!

Edited by Spoonman

Sin Sot...paid by me = Zero

Although based in tradition, it is also used to extort large quantites of cash from unsuspecting farangs in the name of tradtion.....:rolleyes:

While discussing your impending sin sot with your teeraks family be sure to mention the western tradtion of the brides family paying for everything for the wedding....you may find a compromise is forthcoming....;)

Were you being asked?

while discussing your impending sin sot with your teeraks family be sure to mention the western tradtion of the brides family paying for everything for the wedding....you may find a compromise is forthcoming....;)

HeHeHe, yeah my inlaws started at 500,000, after a point blank refusal by me it dropped dramatically to the point Iam happy and we are tying the knot on the 7th of May, the family reckons I'm a cheap coont, I call it being "thrift" and the new price negotiated allows a V8 install on my pickup !!!

A sensible reply, 454 or 502. :D

This comes up regularly, so first read the pinned thread at the top of this forum, then try a forum search.

If you have specific questions please come back.

Not quite see any thread discuss about this.

Try looking on this page, there is a pinned topic about Sinsod. On that page, in the search box, enter sinsod and read up all about it.

This comes up regularly, so first read the pinned thread at the top of this forum, then try a forum search.

So did you try a forum search?

Putting sin sod in the search box gets this "Your search for the term sin sod returned 314 results" many of which address exactly what you are asking.

Did you read the pinned thread?

I paid nothing; my wife saying that as she had been married before I should not do so.

My step son recently married and he paid 200,000 baht. Her parents paid for most of the wedding from this, food and entertainment, and then gave the bride and groom 100,000 baht back.

He also gave the bride 10 baht of gold.

This seems average for someone of their class, for want of a better word. When the bride's elder brother married a couple of years ago he did the same.

The pinned topic referred to by Crossy is Sin Sod - An Explanation PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

A sensible reply, 454 or 502. :D

Alas its a quad toyo donk, I have however got a lead on a manifold and 6/71 jimmy back home in AUS, its topped with twin 1050 dominator's, combo on a built engine was happy with 1700hp....................

"when can we get married?"

"when you get 200k bath to pay the sin sod."

later.

"mama say she not need sin sod, when can we get married?"

Still waiting she is but i guess i will have to fall on that sword sooner than later. If she persisted with the sin sod silliness she would have to wait until she found a new man. I will pay for the festivities though if /when we get there.

So did you try a forum search?

Putting sin sod in the search box gets this "Your search for the term sin sod returned 314 results" many of which address exactly what you are asking.

Did you read the pinned thread?

You are a patient one, aren't you Crossy? Good on ya......as some just don't get it.

'mjnaus' timestamp='1303741367' post='4380892']

'Semper' timestamp='1303739383' post='4380835']

If I remember the right amount, it was about 40 Baht at the Amphur. :rolleyes:

Edit. If you pay more than this, you are on for a ride. :whistling:

You sound like a real prize!

The most down to earth response you are likely to get on this thread .

I paid 500,000 Baht, its normal for a quality guy marrying a quality girl.

Many here won't have had that opportunity, so they pay nothing, then again, the girls they meet are just happy to get anyone, and thats a fact, anyone will do, and I mean anyone, just take a look around any Isaan Tesco Lotus, you'll see what I mean, hardly matches made in heaven are they ?

If you marry into a good Family, Sinsot will be shown, its all about show, I've been to Thai weddings and up to 2 million Baht has been shown, again its quality with quality, and its normal and I don't know anyone who has never shown it.

Most Farangs are never in the position of marrying quality, they'll marry a girl who they feel they are rescuing from a bar, hence why should they pay, I understand that, then again, when you have lived here for a couple of decades you'll leave that up to the tourists and no hopers.

I received my 500,000 Back from the family, so what difference does it make ?

Of course, meeting Noi from Nakhon Nowhere in a Beer Bar in Pattaya and giving her family 500,000 Baht may bring different results.

My Wifes younger Sister won't be going anywhere until at least 500,000 is shown, I've offered 450.000 and was turned down flat !! smile.gif

I am financially secure, will receive a good pension soon and have savings.

Although I'm no heartthrob, whoever gets me will not need to work or have any money worries.

So in this case, the family should be discussing how much they would be prepared to pay me for taking their daughter off they're hands.

Same goes for anyone else in a similar situation.

Paying a ridiculous amount of money for the pleasure of taking care of someone, naa, I've never been that desperate and never will be.

To answer the OPs question: you pay as much as they believe you`re be stupid enough to pay, there is no set amount or golden rule that any money has to be given.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I paid zero baht. Don't be a sucker.

Yet I don't know anyone who has never paid or shown SinSot, then again, we are probably talking about a different class of people.

Bill from Bradford who met the delightful Ba from Buriram during his 2 week holiday in Pattaya would have a totally different attitude to a guy that has lived here full time for 20 years and didn't scrape the bottom of the barrel.

SinSot is traditional, to show you can take care of the daughter, the fact that many Farangs meet their partners in bars and are resentful, bitter and twisted for the rest of their lives is neither here nor there.

( And they do, where else would old ineligible western men meet young Thai women who have Tattoos and kids, can drink them under the table and would thrash Jimmy White at Pool ? ) ph34r.gif

I showed 500K and got it back, whats the problem ?

I'm content, how about you ? smile.gif

Edited by MrsMills

I pay lots for sin, but I think it's worth every baht. About the sod though, I'm thinking of tearing out the lawn and putting in gravel instead. :lol:

There is a whole section on thaivisa about this topic .

If you marry into a good Family, Sinsot will be shown, its all about show, I've been to Thai weddings and up to 2 million Baht has been shown, again its quality with quality, and its normal and I don't know anyone who has never shown it.

Since when is Show-Show the most important item in life? :sick:

Really rich and/or intelligent people don't need to show anything :whistling:

Edited by tartempion