Koh Siray Boat Ramp

HKTBoy

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum but not to Thailand or Phuket considering that I'm local. Well, I could be considered foreign as well but that's for a whole different thread!

Hope you guys can help me out here. I heard there's a boat ramp in Koh Siray that one can launch and retrieve their trailer boats from. I've even seen a car with a sticker on that says something like "Koh Siray Boat Ramp" but I never managed to get their contact information everytime. Anyone know where this place is? I usually use the Boat Lagoon but if this place in Koh Siray is available it'll be much more convenient for me and I'm sure cheaper as well.

Thanks in advance.

There is a Ramp at the asia marina on Koh sire, Please let me know what you find out as I could be interested as well. There is also a public ramp (500bt) on the other side of the sire bridge on the road to where the tour boats leave from. They are both visable on google earth.

The only problem with this area is that you have to tow your boat thru the centre of phuket to get there.

I also have heard there is a boat ramp at the end of soi Palai, the zoo soi, but havn't checked it out yet. My problem is I need quite a bit of water to launch and retrieve so am limitted where i can go, this obviously cuts out chalong and rawai, I have been using Ao Por but it is a long boatride to get to deep water.

There is a Ramp at the asia marina on Koh sire, Please let me know what you find out as I could be interested as well. There is also a public ramp (500bt) on the other side of the sire bridge on the road to where the tour boats leave from. They are both visable on google earth.

The only problem with this area is that you have to tow your boat thru the centre of phuket to get there.

I also have heard there is a boat ramp at the end of soi Palai, the zoo soi, but havn't checked it out yet. My problem is I need quite a bit of water to launch and retrieve so am limitted where i can go, this obviously cuts out chalong and rawai, I have been using Ao Por but it is a long boatride to get to deep water.

I had lunch at Palai just yesterday. The ramp is of no use what so ever. It isn't a managed ramp like the others, It's just a lump of concrete with about a foot drop down to the sand.

post-112918-0-38819500-1303906664_thumb.

post-112918-0-07327400-1303906699_thumb.

Not very helpful pictures, but you can just about make it out in both. There's loads of pipes in the way as well, so I can't see this being any good for anyone, unless launching a small RIB or something.

A while back there used to be an advert in Baht & Sold, for a boat yard come social club, on Koh Sirey. It was a place to store and launch boats from, but they also had a bar, and everyone got together weekends for BBQ's and went out on boat trips together, Don'y know if they still exist but it sounded like nice little set up.

There is also a ramp on the same road as Ratsada (sp) pier. I think that's 500bt a time as well.

Edited by BangTaoBoy

Big Guy, I was actually looking at Google Earth yesterday to see if I can see a ramp on Koh Siray. I can see Asia Marina but don't see a ramp. If I'm not wrong directly across the water from Asia Marina there seems to be a ramp. Is this the public ramp you're talking about? I'll go have a look in the next few days and I'll post here afterwards. What kind of boat do you have and have you tried the Boat Lagoon? I'm only launching my jet ski so it's pretty straight forward anywhere.

BangTaoBoy, that boat social club thing sounds pretty good. Do you think that boat yard for sale is now the Asia Marina?

BangTaoBoy, that boat social club thing sounds pretty good. Do you think that boat yard for sale is now the Asia Marina?

I don't know anything about Asia Marina to be honest, but I was thinking the same thing, could be the same place. It just sounded really nice and layed back, and friendly. You got the feeling they didn't have much in the way of facilities, was more just about getting your boat in the water and having fun.

Does Asia Marina have a web site, can't find one, or is it a very simple afair as well?

Ever thought about getting a beach dolly, so you can launch off any beach? You could then launch on the west coast.

As yet I havn't tried the boat lagoon, I have a 6.5m powered cat and when am at home have been putting it in the marina and bringing it home when offshore.

The asia marine ramp is at 7 52 32.97N 98 25 04.84E

The public ramp is at 7 52 26.63N 98 24 54.29E

I don't think Asia Marina has a website. It's located pretty close to the mouth of the channel going into Koh Siray so location wise it's pretty good but in terms of facilities it's pretty simple. There's a nice looking building on their premises but it's left empty though. There are no slips or pontoons for the boats. Boats are just tied up to the wall and alongside each other.

Never thought about a dolly to launch off the beach as I always thought it's a pain to do so and I'd have to find a safe place to park the car and trailer afterwards.

I've always used the Boat Lagoon as it's close to where I am and I know the car and trailer will be safe after I leave even for overnight trips.

Big Guy, do you know how much Asia Marina and the public ramp charge?