Insurance Windshield Sticker

Langsuan Man

Paid my annual renewal fee of 18,000 THB for First Class insurance through TIB (Toyota Insurance Broker) mid March and can't seem to get the sticker for my windshield (windscreen)

Have tried email, fax and telephone calls to both TIB and Viriyah with no response

Is this normal or just another TIT irritation ?

Next year I will insure through AA Insurance Brokers (TV agent) who hopefully will be more responsive

What worries me, is if these people can't even get me a simple sticker for 18 K, what kind of service can I expect if I have an accident :realangry:

We are surprised Toyota did not explain that the insurance companies do not supply a 'sticker' for the CTPL anymore. The only 'sticker' for the windscreen is the Road Tax which, if you own the vehicle, you have to purchase from your local licensing office. Again surprised they did not explain this all to you !

Do you mean that the sticker that I got last year when I purchased the car was a one off thing ?

If true then I am surprised since both I and the Thai Girl asked the same question so it was not a language thing

Edited by Langsuan Man

Do you mean that the sticker that I got last year when I purchased the car was a one off thing ?

If true then I am surprised since both I and the Thai Girl asked the same question so it was not a language thing

The 'sticker' you had last year was for the Road Tax - not insurance.

No, I have two stickers, the road tax and the insurance sticker. As soon as the TG returns from LTD (paying this years Road Tax) I will take a picture for you

As mentioned, the compulsory insurance sticker is no longer supplied nor needed for a few years now. The only sticker you may get from the insurance company would be their contact information and also not required to put on the windscreen.

As mentioned, the compulsory insurance sticker is no longer supplied nor needed for a few years now. The only sticker you may get from the insurance company would be their contact information and also not required to put on the windscreen.

Is this not what your Thai Visa Insurance said earlier :rolleyes:

Langsuan Man seems skeptical so just reconfirming. ;) A topic from 2008 here.

I've been with the same auto insurance company for several years, have yet to make a claim, but if I am not mistaken they are largest auto insurance company in Thailand. While it may no longer be mandatory to display the insurance sticker in your window, it makes me feel better it is posted so when we drive through the many Police Road check points since the road tax sticker AND the insurance sticker are prominently displayed they do not seem to ever stop us. Now driving too long in the the "passing lane" on Highway 2 North of Korat as you come around a corner, that is a different Highway Police "check (or 100 baht) point" and stickers seem to not be the issue. Taking beer money from Farang can quickly change driving habits. But the normal police SEEM to take note of the stickers.

SOLVED

The sticker that everyone says is no longer required nor issued was sitting at the Chonburi Toyota dealer, where they expected me to pick it up, rather than mailing it to me :angry:

Thanks for all the information

post-10942-0-16045900-1303893636_thumb.p

Not been required for 6 years. paying road tax is only possible if proof of valid insurance is provided to DLT, thus tax sticker indicates insurance is payed. Even if car is financed, road tax can be payed directly to DLT by showing copy of reg book, and avoiding financecompanies fee for collecting road tax. Sticker issued when tax payed

The sticker displayed here from VIRIYHA is nice to have when in accident, as phonenumber is easily available. Also reminds when Insurance expires.

I recomend to NOT keep original Insurance docs in car. If theft or fire, some difficult Insurance companies require to see original Insurance docs before paying. Keep COPY and claim form in car.

yesterday I canselled the remainer of my Insurance. 6 months left. Insurance company required original Insurance docs before issuing a refund check

SOLVED

The sticker that everyone says is no longer required nor issued was sitting at the Chonburi Toyota dealer, where they expected me to pick it up, rather than mailing it to me :angry:

Thanks for all the information

post-10942-0-16045900-1303893636_thumb.p

Not been required for 6 years. paying road tax is only possible if proof of valid insurance is provided to DLT, thus tax sticker indicates insurance is payed. Even if car is financed, road tax can be payed directly to DLT by showing copy of reg book, and avoiding financecompanies fee for collecting road tax. Sticker issued when tax payed

The sticker displayed here from VIRIYHA is nice to have when in accident, as phonenumber is easily available. Also reminds when Insurance expires.

I recomend to NOT keep original Insurance docs in car. If theft or fire, some difficult Insurance companies require to see original Insurance docs before paying. Keep COPY and claim form in car.

yesterday I canselled the remainer of my Insurance. 6 months left. Insurance company required original Insurance docs before issuing a refund check

The return of the original policy is standard for all insurance companies should you wish to cancel the policy - note you will not receive the 'exact' amount remaining as they will deduct an amount for cancellation.

Langsuan Man seems skeptical so just reconfirming.

"skeptical"? Given his continued insistence that he is the only one in step, maybe a simple "wrong" would be more appropriate!

How am I wrong ? , if I got the sticker and posted it here at Thai Visa

My question was Insurance Windshield Sticker: Why does it take Viriyah via Toyota so long to issue not whether or not it was required

Who is wrong are all those who said that it is not longer issued

MY insurer does NOT issue the windscreen sticker, others may of course.

And neither does mine. Even if they did, I probably wouldn't display it as not legally required to, hate stickers on my windscreen

MY insurer does NOT issue the windscreen sticker, others may of course.

And neither does mine. Even if they did, I probably wouldn't display it as not legally required to, hate stickers on my windscreen

most do not issue any sticker. and I dont like my windshied covered, so tax and HighwayPolice stickers only, and in the left upper corner where wipers do not swipe anyway ;)

The op specified first class insurance. Most replies have been about compulsory Third Class.

With First class the sticker is only provided as a service. If it is on the screen and you have an accident and are hurt and unable to phone the insurance agent someone can see which one to contact.

Third class no longer has to be displayed and is generally no longer issued as it is on the computer record of the vehicle.

The op specified first class insurance. Most replies have been about compulsory Third Class.

With First class the sticker is only provided as a service. If it is on the screen and you have an accident and are hurt and unable to phone the insurance agent someone can see which one to contact.

Third class no longer has to be displayed and is generally no longer issued as it is on the computer record of the vehicle.

If you are talking about the CTPL (and not the voluntary Third Class) then the policy is issued - even though it tends to be just a single sheet of paper.

Langsuan Man seems skeptical so just reconfirming.

"skeptical"? Given his continued insistence that he is the only one in step, maybe a simple "wrong" would be more appropriate!

How am I wrong ? , if I got the sticker and posted it here at Thai Visa

My question was Insurance Windshield Sticker: Why does it take Viriyah via Toyota so long to issue not whether or not it was required

Who is wrong are all those who said that it is not longer issued

its not been issued to me on the bike or car for 3 years stopped regular on the roads around pattaya never a problem. as said before insurance has to be shown for tax so tax covers both. strange you have 2.

• 3 months later...

Guys, just to be very sure: how many stickers are legally required on the windshield window?

Only the Road Tax Sticker??

(At the moment I have three stickers on it)

Chris

Edited by chris26be

Shows they dont know much,.If you have a Sticker, its the Company,and Phone Details, like someone sais 2 years now.:D