Sending Money In The Mail ?

freedomnow

I tried it 3 times with small amounts tucked inside cards. None of it got through. Somebody once told me that the post office has machines that can tell if cash is in an envellope.I have no way of knowing if this is true or not. You just Take your chances.

I tried it 3 times with small amounts tucked inside cards. None of it got through. Somebody once told me that the post office has machines that can tell if cash is in an envellope.I have no way of knowing if this is true or not. You just Take your chances.

Finally. Someone who has actual experience. I change my position now. Don't do it.

Illegal in Thailand, but perfectly safe by EMS. I suspect the machines which can tell if there is cash in an envelope are an urban myth.

Thanks for the info because I really didn't know. I think a lot depends on WHERE the stuff is posted from and WHERE it is going to. I'm sure most post office workers are honest, but it only takes a few bad ones to ruin the reputation of the whole system.

registered letters sent to me from the UK have disappeared, A UK post office official said the letters had reached Thailand ??

My one and only attempt was to put two $100 bills between pictures and a letter in an 81/2 x 11 envelope sent from US to business address in Thailand. Nothing ever made it, never tried again.

mario299 :annoyed:

registered letters sent to me from the UK have disappeared, A UK post office official said the letters had reached Thailand ??

My one and only attempt was to put two $100 bills between pictures and a letter in an 81/2 x 11 envelope sent from US to business address in Thailand. Nothing ever made it, never tried again.

Next time send it to me. I'll bet I get it. But if I don't, I'll let you know immediately.

Next time send it to me. I'll bet I get it. But if I don't, I'll let you know immediately.

So, if we bet and I send it to you and it doesn't get to you, then I win? Will you send me my winnings by mail?

:rolleyes:mario299

So, if we bet and I send it to you and it doesn't get to you, then I win? Will you send me my winnings by mail?

:rolleyes:mario299

How do you send a pat on the back by mail?

I've sent money from the UK to Thailand using 'International signed for' service with no problems.

Illegal in Thailand, but perfectly safe by EMS. I suspect the machines which can tell if there is cash in an envelope are an urban myth.

Illegal in Thailand? That surely wouldn't prevent incidents from continuing.

The best way is to send a debit card. Ensure whilst in transit that there is a zero balance on the card's account. Once you have confirmed that the recipient has received the card deposit funds into account.

Wife has done this 3 times: no problems.

How do you send a pat on the back by mail?

:lol: :lol:

:jap:

I DO like oshoshitzu's idea about a debit card with no money in the account until the package is received. Good idea. But what happens if it doesn't make it? Do you try again with another card?

If you ever sent money in the post to a certain address then that address is hot for theft, what i recommend is sending some colour photo-copied money in the post exacting revenge on the thief. They'll be ignorant to the authenticity of the currency but driven by greed to cash it in wich will lead to serious repercussions for the individual/s.

A friend of a friend of mine did this and the thief ended up in prison when they went to exchange the cash at the bank.:lol: