Partnership With The Walen School

MacWalen

I would like to invite all those interested in being partners with the Walen school to a seminar, tomorrow 29th of April, at 6 pm at our school in Chiangmai. It will take one hour and I believe it would be time well spent for those interested in international business. Over the last 10 years our school had approximately 11,000% return on the invested capital. I believe education will continue to be a very profitable business.

If you would like to know more please come to our free seminar.

Mac Walen and the Walen School

Interesting ! Is this meant as a "fund-raising" action to finally establish your branch in Phuket ? For the last 6 months I read: "School in Phuket coming soon".

If an investement with "Walen" should take place, what benefits would result for the Investor ? There better be some fringe benefits, as a long-term yield of 11% is absolutely unrealistic.

Cheers.

I need to change the banner. The school in Phuket is open already and we have two group classes running and a lot of private lessons. Thank you for pointing it out. Now we are working on a school in The Philippines in Angeles city.

Regarding details I am happy to explain all in the seminar. You can ask any questions you like. I can assure you education is a good business and the Walen school is good at what we do.

Edited by macwalen

I only ask as someone I know that goes there tried to sell me on the school. Genuine good comments about the teaching. But he did mention a scheme similar to the above, which is great as a marketing tool, and supplements a pupils costs, but I'm just wondering whether the partnerships are an extension of that scheme?

We spent 5 years working on a system that will benefit all those who want to be our partners. If you come it will be worth one hour of your time. If someone is not business-minded this seminar may not be much of an interest to them.

Post deleted, rather than taking a wild stab in the dark based on assumptions either attend the meeting and find out whats on offer or don't but please don't clutter up the thread with troll posts.

Thank you for your comment. Please come and visit us. We have demo lessons. It is certainly true that we help a lot of students to obtain ED visas but we also know how to teach Thai.

Another good idea is to come to our school and talk to the students. They will tell you what they think about our teaching.

Walen School - become our partner

Seems to be a two edged sword. I dealt with a former student who was trying to get referral credits or whatever and really soured me toward Walen.

This 'student' was running ads and getting leads from Walen website forms and generally using all sorts of shading selling tactics. Slamming other schools. Reciting inaccurate immigration policy advice, time pressure tactics.

I might still use Walen at some point but will insist this sales affiliate get's nothing from my purchase.

I really like the Skype option and other innovative programs Walen seems to be embracing. My reservation is the hassle I will need to raise to separate my tuition from this sales parasite.

How about some ethics training for these deputized sales people?

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

One more thing, our return is not 11% but 11,000% (eleven thousand) for the last 10 years.

Do you mean 11,000% per year, or 11,000% over a total of ten years?

If it was 11,000% per year he would be featured on CNBC and in the record books.

at 1,100% per year it would be too! (but at 1,100% return per year why would this offer be there?)

My mama always said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is :)

For the 11, 000% you can work it out simply. I buy 100 shirts at a $ each. I sell them for 2$50c each. The 50c being my cost to sell. I've made 100% profit there. As I'm growing my business, I take no money, and buy 200 shirts this time. Sell at the same rate, I'm doing well. It takes only 7 cycles to be at 11000%. 10 years seems to be a long time to take in this hypothetical example. If is started with $100, 000 then its still 7 cycles but a completely different picture.

My point is, the biz may have started with a small amount, so a return of 11000% is not pie in the sky. It's very easy given the timetable.

Also, figures can be presented in different ways - usually the most favourable. :-)

I am unabIe to attend the meeting this evening, but wouId Iike to know the detaiIs. How can i find out?

Hello Eek, It would be better if I presented it in person. We will have another seminar in 2-3 weeks time so you can join then, what is on offer really works and it does not cost a lot to become a Walen partner.

Thanks for the interest

Edited by macwalen

Seems to be a two edged sword. I dealt with a former student who was trying to get referral credits or whatever and really soured me toward Walen.

This 'student' was running ads and getting leads from Walen website forms and generally using all sorts of shading selling tactics. Slamming other schools. Reciting inaccurate immigration policy advice, time pressure tactics.

I might still use Walen at some point but will insist this sales affiliate get's nothing from my purchase.

I really like the Skype option and other innovative programs Walen seems to be embracing. My reservation is the hassle I will need to raise to separate my tuition from this sales parasite.

How about some ethics training for these deputized sales people?

Hi Cobra, do you have any record of that? Like an email or text messages? Or was it mainly verbal communication? What you say sounds serious and should be addressed immediately. Walen certainly does not want to get bad reputation by being misrepresented by any of our students. You can pm me and we can talk further about it. I might want to talk to that person myself to hear what he/she has to say as it is always good to listen to both sides.

Thank you for your feedback.

One more thing, our return is not 11% but 11,000% (eleven thousand) for the last 10 years.

It is 11,000% over the last 10 years. I wish it was 11,000% per year.

For the 11, 000% you can work it out simply. I buy 100 shirts at a $ each. I sell them for 2$50c each. The 50c being my cost to sell. I've made 100% profit there. As I'm growing my business, I take no money, and buy 200 shirts this time. Sell at the same rate, I'm doing well. It takes only 7 cycles to be at 11000%. 10 years seems to be a long time to take in this hypothetical example. If is started with $100, 000 then its still 7 cycles but a completely different picture.

My point is, the biz may have started with a small amount, so a return of 11000% is not pie in the sky. It's very easy given the timetable.

Also, figures can be presented in different ways - usually the most favourable. :-)

Good analysis mallmagician. You can ask anybody who know Walen and all will confirm that our school was always a cash cow. You are absolutely right with reinvesting profits. Just to give you a small example that is well documented. My first school in Silom was opened with the investment of 1,320,000 Baht in 2001 and 4 years later the business was so incredibly good that it was sold by Greg from Sunblet Asia for 16,500,000 Baht. Today we have 6 physical schools and one online and the business, is just beginning to seriously grow.

Edited by macwalen

• 3 months later...

It is 11,000% over the last 10 years. I wish it was 11,000% per year.

Is that return before or after tax?

It is possible to structure the investment - if it is returning that over 10 years - to achieve the same return per year.

Yes it takes a bit of effort but all it requires is that the actual investment does show that return - and that it is a consistent reliable return.

I have plenty of would be investors who would love to invest in such a program - but they as well as I need to be confident of the underlying investment return.