Just Got There With Visa On Arrival

I just got a visa on arrival valid for 30 day but im planning to stay for 2 or 3 more month. I heard about visa run but im not sure if i can get many 30 day stamp.

I got there on a one way flight but i booked i cheap flight to cambodia valid 1 week after my arrival since i wanted to make sure the airline will let me board.

Now im asking myself what will be the best way (and cheapest) way to stay legally a little bit more. Could i go to a neighboring country by land and return to Thailand by air ? Or can i apply for a better type of visa

Sorry for my poor english, working on it ;)

Depends on your nationality, but it would probably be better to apply for a Tourist Visa, can get a 60 day entry, and that can be extended another 30 days within Thailand for 1900 Baht.

Visa exempt entries are 15 days if entering by land, and 30 days by air if you are interested in traveling in and out of the country that often.

Edited by beechguy

You don't mention your nationality and that would sorta help people figure out if you’re from any of the countries which DO get a 'real' “visa-on-arrival” or if you just arrived by air and got what's called a "30-day-visa-exempt" stamp.

Concerning your situation, how you actually entered doesn't even matter really, as your objective is to stay here another 90 days, . :)

As you mentioned, you have a 'cheap ticket' booked to Cambodia already. Why not go to the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh and get a single entry Tourist Visa? ;) That would be good for 60 days in Thailand and you can extend that stay inside the country at any Thai Immigrations office for an additional 30 days. This would give you the 3 months you're wantin' to be here. :D

True you'd lose what ever days you had left on the original 30 days you were given when you first entered Thailand, but still you'd get almost 90 days here when you returned from Cambodia. B)

Good Luck. ..

P/S: You could also just stay here for 30 days and when you've got a few days left go to Phnom Penh to get a single entry tourist visa.

That'd save you some money and still give you 90 days. 30 from when you first came in and 60 on the tourist visa. Plus you could still get a 30 day extension IF you decided to stay longer. So doing it that way you could stay almost FOUR months!

Edited by tod-daniels

thank you very much, this is very helpfull.

by the way im french canadian soo i guess immigration love that (who hate canadian :whistling: )

Is cambodia the best way to get visa or other country like malaysia work too ? Im in chiang mai right now and apparently there is no flight to cambodia, only to malaysia

60 day visa sound good, ill probably do that since leaving every 29 day is not very convenient