Toyota Delivery Times

jsgatse

Today, I visited 2 Toyota dealerships here in BKK - I'm interested in purchasing either an Innova or Fortuner. I was told that the delivery time for either of these would be "maybe up to 3 months or more" due to all the problems currently in Japan.

These 2 sales people (at different dealerships) both also quoted me just about every incorrect spec on the autos in question, and when they were corrected, they would just say "yeah, you are right, sorry"....so I don't know if they are wrong about these delivery times as well.

Any one else out there getting the same story, and, better yet, anyone else have some first hand experience they can testify to on how long it took (is taking) to get their new Toyota?

Thank you.

They are correct, minimum 3 months delay for most Toyota Models.

Toyota Thailand have shut down all production on Mondays and Fridays, and are only running the production lines for half a day on Tues-Thurs. That means even less production than it suggests BTW, as previously they were running extra shifts to increase capacity. The current capacity reductions affect all Toyota TH factories, and will be in effect until June 4th (when production will be ramped up, but unlikely to resume 100%).

The major problem is electrical/electronic components that are sourced from Japan.

No-one can give an accurate estaimate of delivery, as that largely depends on how many orders get cancelled by people who can't wait any longer. 3 months would be a minimum, 4-6 months is still within the realm of possibility...

MRO The Toyota is comfortable after driving my Mitsu for the past 11 years virtually trouble free. Plus the toyota is auto and dam_n I'm getting lazy now.

Uh huh, but if I had one and the chance to sell it for a 260K profit, It'd be out of my life pretty quickly :)

Toyota Thailand have shut down all production on Mondays and Fridays, and are only running the production lines for half a day on Tues-Thurs. That means even less production than it suggests BTW, as previously they were running extra shifts to increase capacity. The current capacity reductions affect all Toyota TH factories, and will be in effect until June 4th (when production will be ramped up, but unlikely to resume 100%).

The major problem is electrical/electronic components that are sourced from Japan.

No-one can give an accurate estaimate of delivery, as that largely depends on how many orders get cancelled by people who can't wait any longer. 3 months would be a minimum, 4-6 months is still within the realm of possibility...

neither Honda or Toyota is able to promise September delivery

Why is a Bling Pickup 1.7 Million. no wonder you want out.Thats the new price,you have lost 20% all ready.Be warned they handle like a hopping pig,i was lucky to borrow one, they do impress the Natives though,mush desired by Thai Women married to a ferang,now the D4d is old.:bah:

Why is a Bling Pickup 1.7 Million. no wonder you want out.Thats the new price,you have lost 20% all ready.Be warned they handle like a hopping pig,i was lucky to borrow one, they do impress the Natives though,mush desired by Thai Women married to a ferang,now the D4d is old.:bah:

This is Thailand

20% is not lost already

November 2009 I payed 957k baht for my Vigo. Sold it after 18 months and 28k km, this week for 850k baht. That is not 20% lost.

same figures/lack of loss for my other 3 Toyota trucks since 2004

Trade in isnt selling, but why do you want out allready,they do depreciate quicker than a basic pik up that they realy are. I drive all sorts of Vehicalls here,and find the Mistsu equiv handles well,and the Mu7 Isuzu a dissaster,clattery engine, and cart sprung.When i can i take the new Honda City, Super Value i think, but its not a Big Head poser Truck.,so Thai Ladies never look at me in that.B)

Oh so good!, I can sense a bout of online verbals about to begin between Mr Star and KBB, have nt had one on the motoring forum for a while.

Well until the honourable member for Sukhothai wakes up :ph34r:

I think there's been some confusion here ;)

The Fortuner TRD Sportivo III sells for 1.44M Baht, but are pure unobtanium now.

What John 1 was saying is, if you want one, you can have his for 1.7M (i.e. 260K Baht profit) - being brand new and with only 250km on the clock, he'll definitely find someone who will pay over the odds to have one - I say best of luck to him! :D

If I was in the market for one, I'd be negotiating with him already.. :jap:

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Trade in isnt selling, but why do you want out allready,they do depreciate quicker than a basic pik up that they realy are. I drive all sorts of Vehicalls here,and find the Mistsu equiv handles well,and the Mu7 Isuzu a dissaster,clattery engine, and cart sprung.When i can i take the new Honda City, Super Value i think, but its not a Big Head poser Truck.,so Thai Ladies never look at me in that.B)

who did a trade in?

I placed an ad in classifieds.ThaiVisa.com, recieved calls from 14 different numbers first day, and had 850k baht in my pocket next day

While Honda City is a nice and tiny girls car, it can not go offroad or wade 70 cm of water, it can not carry 2 Ninja650R or Harleys and 5 adults, and it doesnt even come with powerseats and cruisecontrol ;) in additon the Vigo works better at cruising 160kmh on the Highway, is faster loaded and fuel bill is the same.

but as a shoppingcart around town, I prefere Jazz and Yaris

IMHO the market decides the depreciation of a second hand vehicle, and the market disagrees with you B)

You do have to appreciate that many people buy a 7-seater because they routinely have 5-6 friends or family along for the ride ;) You also need to appreciate that many motorists have to travel through floods every rain season, which would have something low to the ground like a City just totally swamped, and travel on routes that would have something like a City bottoming out, shaking apart or being towed out by an SUV or Pickup ;)

OK, not all PPV/SUV owners, but a lot of us ;)

I don't think anyone ever said that a Fortuner or Pajero Sport or MU-7 is god's gift to motoring, they're just good value cars for people who have the need. I'm certain no-one ever said the Honda City is god's gift to motoring though :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Oh, i foregot the offroading, they used 4.W.D for the speedbumps in Lotus, friends,well i dont consider relations as friends,they hang on the wipers for a free ride,ive not spotted pic ups full of Motorbikes either, Watermellons and Workers mainly. Ferangs wouldnt be seen dead in Trucks back Home, the power of a Woman and Alcoholl rots their brain .

Oh, i foregot the offroading, they used 4.W.D for the speedbumps in Lotus, friends,well i dont consider relations as friends,they hang on the wipers for a free ride,ive not spotted pic ups full of Motorbikes either, Watermellons and Workers mainly. Ferangs wouldnt be seen dead in Trucks back Home, the power of a Woman and Alcoholl rots their brain .

Strange post. :huh:

"3 Month Delay for MOST models".....are some worse/better than others? Specifically, the Innova.....

Ferangs wouldnt be seen dead in Trucks back Home

No idea where Wandrinstar originates, but I'd be curious to visit a country where all tradesmen are in fact, tradeswomen ;) Not so keen on someone who make his relatives hang onto the widnshield wipers though, lol.

BTW, what's that smell? Someone here reeks of alcohol :D

"3 Month Delay for MOST models".....are some worse/better than others? Specifically, the Innova.....

Innova is made in Indonesia and imported into TH. Same problems plaguing Indonesian production as well, and they'll likely service their domestic queue (Innova is HUGELY popular in Indonesia) before servicing the TH export market.

Indeed.

I think I was disusing in a topic with members here from 2010 or thereabouts that you are better off in a SUV or pick-up truck in a collision, especially when getting side winded by a pick-up in a sedan, the front of the pick-up will end inside the cabin of the sedan, scary.

My next car will maybe be the new Ranger and the City will be sold as my family's safety is the most important thing to me.

Indeed.

I think I was disusing in a topic with members here from 2010 or thereabouts that you are better off in a SUV or pick-up truck in a collision, especially when getting side winded by a pick-up in a sedan, the front of the pick-up will end inside the cabin of the sedan, scary.

My next car will maybe be the new Ranger and the City will be sold as my family's safety is the most important thing to me.

You are on the money with this one. Will a savings of 300,000 THB be worth it when the budget/micro thing you bought looks like a crushed tin can after some numbnut in a pick-up driving 140 km/hr on the wrong side of the road slams into you?

I'm currently debating whether or not to spend the extra 70,000 THB to get dual airbags in the MPV that I'm looking at with my wife. 70,000 thb is a lot of money, and she states that she has never even considered airbags when buying a car. I'd like to save the 70,000 thb, and I trust MY driving and HER driving, it's everyone else that makes me concerned.

You are on the money with this one. Will a savings of 300,000 THB be worth it when the budget/micro thing you bought looks like a crushed tin can after some numbnut in a pick-up driving 140 km/hr on the wrong side of the road slams into you?

I'm currently debating whether or not to spend the extra 70,000 THB to get dual airbags in the MPV that I'm looking at with my wife. 70,000 thb is a lot of money, and she states that she has never even considered airbags when buying a car. I'd like to save the 70,000 thb, and I trust MY driving and HER driving, it's everyone else that makes me concerned.

If I was you I would get dual airbags, it can safe your life one day, 70k bath for that is cheap.

post-81971-0-68291700-1304332893_thumb.j

on the road again, one bike, one rottweiler, one large fridge and a recliner. Like to camp in comfort :D

on the road again, one bike, one rottweiler, one large fridge and a recliner. Like to camp in comfort :D

Doesnt it worry you about being asked for a Workpermit to collect Scrap,, a picup like that patrolls round our area collecting rubbish too.I do note you have the intelligence not to fit Ghetto Wheels,so beloved of Range Rover Wanabees.:D

Doesnt it worry you about being asked for a Workpermit to collect Scrap,, a picup like that patrolls round our area collecting rubbish too.I do note you have the intelligence not to fit Ghetto Wheels,so beloved of Range Rover Wanabees.:D

when scrap in pickupbed is worth more than 300k baht, WP is not needed :lol: :lol: :lol: