Cherry'S

Pattel

No, deserted as in closed permanently. Or at least that's what it looked like.

Unless the interior has been gutted it is more likely a temporary closure for reasons unbeknown to us. Good food at good prices, I really hope you are mistaken.

No they are not closed..they are redoing the front of the restaurant and will have 2 rooms...one for a la carte dining and the back room for buffet dining..They have added some cooking stations as well and it appears they will do some type of hotel buffet daily..The waiter said they will charge 325 baht...I was in there friday nite for dinner and got this info

Atrocious service in this place. :) Bringing new courses before you have finished the previous one. Every time the staff apologise and every time they do it again. Complacent too perhaps, notably when the forget to tell you to help yourself at the salad bar.

At least the set meals are cheap..which is the reason why I visit.

Atrocious service in this place. :) Bringing new courses before you have finished the previous one. Every time the staff apologise and every time they do it again. Complacent too perhaps, notably when the forget to tell you to help yourself at the salad bar.

personally speaking, that's not something i would care to boast about............

personally speaking, that's not something i would care to boast about............

Why not? Same reason I visit!

I am more concerned about value for money that I am about how others perceive me.

Excellant Wed night buffet. Great service and value IMO. I go there with friends most Wed's.

What's on the buffet??

http://pattayarestau...rry-restaurant/ says

Sunday – Special Set Menu 295 (not sure what this means)

Monday – Lobster Day 459 (I heard their lobster is not good)

Tuesday – Lamb Promotion 459

Wednesday – International Buffet 295

Thursday – Roast Dinner 295 (4 or 5 different meats)

Friday – BBQ Baby Back Ribs 270

Saturday – BBQ Buffet 395

The Sunday special is exceptional good value!

Edited by WyattEarp

Boasting? A statement of fact is 'boasting'??

The food is not always great, but it is great for the price. Though admittedly some menus are better than others.

If they were expensive, I simply would not go. I would go to Casa Pascal or similar.

Atrocious service in this place

TIT. At least the food is good and so are the prices.

I've always found the service to be exemplary...but I've known many of the servers since they were working at the old Brunos in North Pattaya...sometimes it pays to be an old Pattaya hand.

FB, I have had the same good service there as well for many a year. I would add that some of the newer servers english speaking skills are sometimes on the weak side. those of you who speak no Thai at all will ultimatly experience difficulties not only at Cherry's but many eataries outside of the hardcore tourist districs.B)

Please... the service is amateurish. Comments about having to speak Thai to get good service or "knowing the staff" are just ridiculous.

Often the staff themselves cringe in embarrassment at their ineptitude. Bringing new courses out before you have finished your current one is frankly unacceptable and should have nothing to do with "knowing the staff" and "speaking Thai".

I know that I am not the only one who has experienced this.

As I wrote before; if it was not inexpensive, I would not go there.

Please... the service is amateurish. Comments about having to speak Thai to get good service or "knowing the staff" are just ridiculous.

Often the staff themselves cringe in embarrassment at their ineptitude. Bringing new courses out before you have finished your current one is frankly unacceptable and should have nothing to do with "knowing the staff" and "speaking Thai".

I have never worked in a restaurant, but I would assume a problem as you describe is a problem with the kitchens timing...and nothing to do with the servers. And sure, sometimes dishes are served before the previous course is finished. This might be a cardinal sin in a Michilin 5-star establishment but in Pattaya, it's to be expected.

It's typical in Thai restaurants to serve dishes when they are ready so the western concept of "courses" takes some training. Yes, all the staff including the cooks should be trained to conform to western expectations at a western restaurant and if they don't, it's means they don't get it. I have had similar issues at some Asian restaurants in the US. I like Asian meals served family style without regard to order, including soups, or what could be classified as appetizers. Some Asian restaurants think they should serve western style to non-Asian customers in timed "logical" courses, and I find that very annoying.

Edited by Jingthing

I have never worked in a restaurant, but I would assume a problem as you describe is a problem with the kitchens timing...and nothing to do with the servers. And sure, sometimes dishes are served before the previous course is finished. This might be a cardinal sin in a Michilin 5-star establishment but in Pattaya, it's to be expected.

What are you talking? :) They have hot lamps. The food can wait there for a few minutes whilst you finish your course. With all the (useless) staff they have hanging around, you would think they could indicate to the waitress as to when to serve the next course.

At any rate, what should happen is that they should take away your old plate before they even think about bringing the next course.

It all points to poor service and organisation. No excuses.

As an aside; why they think that some chewy spring roll qualifies as an amuse bouche simply escapes me.

The food is perfectly acceptable, but gourmet it isn't.

The food is perfectly acceptable, but gourmet it isn't.

I have found very few non-Thai restaurants here that would qualify as "gourmet", including much more expensive ones.

Cherry's provide good quality food for a very reasonable price and the staff have always been very pleasant and helpful to me. However, perhaps, I am not as concerned about the food coming out at a certain time as you are. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.