Do You Wear A Wrist Watch?

Semper

Solar powered watch. Great for Thailand B)

I feel naked without a watch. How else to tell the time? Use a mobile to tell the time? I'd rather look at my wrist watch.

Though I do tend to forget what day, week and month it is here but that is no real problem.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear one all the time, even when naked in the shower. Only take it off for x-rays and quarterly cleaning. I don't have a mobile phone though, which is just as well because it would probably die in the shower.

Thailand saying.. Better late than never.

Uk Saying..But never late is better.

Always wear a watch me.. especially when im in work

And when i get all dressed up and go out some where fancy like a eat all you want BBQ for 99baht...rolleyes.gif

Always wear a watch me.. especially when im in work

And when i get all dressed up and go out some where fancy like a eat all you want BBQ for 99baht...:rolleyes:

Getting a new diving watch next week, great for Thailand its an Citizen Eco so I won't need batteries and I can wash it off when I clean my hands after eating at an all you can eat restaurant. :whistling:

I wear my smartphone in a case in my belt too. Better that than in my pocket, screen getting scratched with coins, keys and whatnot. I really couldn't care less about what you and others think about it.

That's it Wyatt he's the one with the obsession problem and insecurity about how other people perceive him and it's no less difficult to get it out of your pocket either. In fact that's one of the reasons I bought the case as especially while driving it's much more easily accessible even with a blue tooth and well protected..

Have a few dozen 'collectibles' but wear a relatively worthless (but very practical) G-Shock ProTrek most of the time. It's even partially solar powered.

Would rely on my phone but it's not terribly water resistant.

:)

Edited by Heng

Have a few dozen 'collectibles' but wear a relatively worthless (but very practical) G-Shock ProTrek most of the time. It's even partially solar powered.

Would rely on my phone but it's not terribly water resistant.

:)

admitted, i wear a waterproof timex on boats and at the beach.

My phone's a pain in the ass to take out of my case every time I want to check the time and I'd never invite a possible attack over a pretentious, fake Rolex, Seiko suits me just fine..

you bet ya! I'm guessing by that comment you don't have one though huh :whistling: ?? So you carry it how then?? No wait! Let me guess!! In a fanny pack :cheesy: ???

a pocket my friend, many of them modern trousers the kids are always talking about come with them.

And don't deny you wear a fanny pack when you head out on the weekend. the phone case is merely the first step.

admit it. you have a problem.

Clearly not the one with "a problem".... <_< Especially when what a total stranger uses to carry their phone in becomes your obsessive business somehow? Actions of a sick f^*# if there ever was one ..

obsessive? i honestly could not care less that you chose to wear a modern-day sam browne. if it brings you comfort, go with it.

just be careful you don't accidentally answer your holstered leatherman tool or swiss army knife by mistake.

fanny pack indeed.

paste your knee-jerk reaction here, but never forget your own money belt and your fanny pack were just a few years ago.

ps a phone dock in the car is infinitely easier to deal with at speed than a holster, and a film across the screen protects from scratches, though i have yet to have a coin scratch on my screen anyway.

please note the lack of expletives in this post. you should do so well.

cheers

Edited by nocturn

Is this a trick question? Oh well, here's my answer .... People wear a wristwatch so that they will know what time it is at any given time. :D

One reason people wear watches so the THINK they know what time it is at any given moment.

See my previous post!!

There are probably many other reasons such as fashion statements, or flaunting perceived wealth etc.

Edited by thaimite

I wear one all the time, even when naked in the shower. Only take it off for x-rays and quarterly cleaning. I don't have a mobile phone though, which is just as well because it would probably die in the shower.

You could save some Baht by not removing your clothes when taking a shower. :)

I feel naked without a watch. How else to tell the time? Use a mobile to tell the time? I'd rather look at my wrist watch.

Though I do tend to forget what day, week and month it is here but that is no real problem.

But the time is? :rolleyes:

Is this a trick question? Oh well, here's my answer .... People wear a wristwatch so that they will know what time it is at any given time. :D

I'll gaze at the position of the sun to get an estimate. Seems to suit me......;)

Sorry, I seeI'm out of cool here, but yes! Why, I like watches, Ok so I don't wear onearound the house, but when I go out……They are the most elegant thing about me.

Me too. Always wear a watch when away from the house. Force of habit and I like to be punctual. I could look at my phone for the time. but easier for me just to look at my arm

But the time is? :rolleyes:

If you're not working why do you need to know what day it is? Just need to know how long till they stop selling beer

I'll gaze at the position of the sun to get an estimate. Seems to suit me......;)

I think you got the point of my question. ;)

Yes I do, put it on when I get up and take it off when I go to bed, feels strange when not wearing it. It's kinetic so no need to worry about the battery going. Not sure why I wear it really, habit I guess.

A swanky new watch (or watches) would be one of the first things I'd buy if I won the lottery.

Don't get out at night much do you?

Don't get out at night much do you?

If he does, why should he be concerned about the time? :rolleyes:

I wear my smartphone in a case in my belt too. Better that than in my pocket, screen getting scratched with coins, keys and whatnot. I really couldn't care less about what you and others think about it.

Don't worry. My smart phone is in a case on the belt most of the time., too. It's not an issue.

Yes... of varous types. I'm a sucker for a nice watch in perhaps the same way some females like nice handbags. A watch is the only jewelry I would wear. I call a watch jewelry as really Rolex or a Panerai etc offers nothing more than cosmetics - Time is desplayed everywhere, so a watch is really not needed unless like a female who likes diamond rings a guys likes his watch.

I have my casual watches, smart casual watches, dress watches and a couple of cheaper every day wearers... I like watches.

So do I. Watches are accessories that go with the clothes, or are timepieces that should look cheap, depending on where I go out.