Is Venturing About The Kingdom (Or Anywhere) With Stuff Cilpped To Your Belt Naff?

nocturn

is clipping stuff to your belt naff?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^

Gay in this context does not necessarily mean homosexual. Neither is it a word that is necessarily derogatory towards homosexuals.

It's just ghey

As in happy and gay? I'm really sad the homosexuals stole that word for their own. :whistling:

Well all you macho guys concerned how others perceive you, keep scratching your smartphones with keys and coins in your pockets. I'll keep my phone comfortably in my belt. You probably also find it really important to wear clothes and shoes with brand names prominently displayed? dry.gif

The nice thing about getting older is that you accept the fact you're no longer a spring flower nor wet behind the ears. Ergo: phones on belts, fanny packs (N. American usage) and socks with sandals become less earth-shaking issues of life. Leave the shallow stuff to the less-confident who still need to put some years on and experience under their belts to begin to see through the trees in order to comprehend the forest. wink.gif

^

Gay in this context does not necessarily mean homosexual. Neither is it a word that is necessarily derogatory towards homosexuals.

It's just ghey

As in happy and gay? I'm really sad the homosexuals stole that word for their own. :whistling:

The term with young Americans when they say something is gay it could also be construed as "cheesy"

" Now we don our gay apparel, la la la la la la la la la "

Nothing to do with having a stinky dink.:D

The nice thing about getting older is that you accept the fact you're no longer a spring flower nor wet behind the ears. Ergo: phones on belts, fanny packs (N. American usage) and socks with sandals become less earth-shaking issues of life. Leave the shallow stuff to the less-confident who still need to put some years on and experience under their belts to begin to see through the trees in order to comprehend the forest. ;)

Thing is, just because you might be classed as old, whatever age that is, there is no reason to go out looking like a complete helmet. ;)

The nice thing about getting older is that you accept the fact you're no longer a spring flower nor wet behind the ears. Ergo: phones on belts, fanny packs (N. American usage) and socks with sandals become less earth-shaking issues of life. Leave the shallow stuff to the less-confident who still need to put some years on and experience under their belts to begin to see through the trees in order to comprehend the forest. ;)

Thing is, just because you might be classed as old, whatever age that is, there is no reason to go out looking like a complete helmet. ;)

I take it 'helmet' must mean something like outdated, tawdry or unkempt? If so, point well-taken.

The difference is, we just don't obsess about it. wink.gif My emphasis was about mental attitude more than appearance.

Edited by Fookhaht

I take it 'helmet' must mean something like outdated, tawdry or unkempt? If so, point well-taken.

The difference is, we just don't obsess about it. wink.gif My emphasis was about mental attitude more than appearance.

Your point is well made. :jap:

This whole thread reminds me of that "Monty" cartoon, where in the first panel Monty is in his leather jacket with the collar turned up looking all 'West side story' and Monty's thought balloon says "I feel good when I'm packin' a blade". Next panel show him less cool with the thought balloon saying "But I wish the magnifying glass thingy would not keep catching when I take it out".

When I do get old I do hope that I don't lose the ability to recognise a tongue in cheek discussion and with it my sense of humour. It would appear as though that time may coincide with the wearing of phones on belts.

Wibble.

Well all you macho guys concerned how others perceive you, keep scratching your smartphones with keys and coins in your pockets. I'll keep my phone comfortably in my belt. You probably also find it really important to wear clothes and shoes with brand names prominently displayed? dry.gif

I agree Wyatt and I think its interesting to see the product of years of media brainwashing, it began with the cowboy who only smoked marlboro, then the westerns (or was it the other way round?). All of us have succumbed to these "forced values" to some degree (including the Thais). We've been told what is "macho" and if you look at the behaviour of the current role models (Rooney can't say more than three syllables without the F word slipping out) it's no wonder the UK is turning into what it is.

I vaguely remember that a relative of Einstein introduced the US administration to the powers of auto suggestion on TV .... the rest is history!

I agree Wyatt and I think its interesting to see the product of years of media brainwashing, it began with the cowboy who only smoked marlboro, then the westerns (or was it the other way round?). All of us have succumbed to these "forced values" to some degree (including the Thais). We've been told what is "macho" and if you look at the behaviour of the current role models (Rooney can't say more than three syllables without the F word slipping out) it's no wonder the UK is turning into what it is.

I vaguely remember that a relative of Einstein introduced the US administration to the powers of auto suggestion on TV .... the rest is history!

i would agree with wyatt, except for the fact that his premise is flawed. my phone has not been scratched by coins or keys thus far, and even if it were likely to happen a screen protector would remedy the issue.

And brand name labels prominently displayed are not important to me, but quality certainly is.

What would anybody carry that required a red suitcase on their hip? I travel out of town for a week with a bag that big, but cannot fathom such a schlep on a daily basis. Okay, there is the odd meeting where the HP Pavilion is essential, but other than that, you folks remind me of collectors that have their cars so filled up with used fast food cups and newspapers that there is barely enough room to drive. Have you thought that you might be just a shopping cart away from being a bag lady?

The day I wear a phone on my belt is the day I'd like to be euthanized.

I'm 36

You may get your wish. What rock have you been living under? Google don't carry cell phone in pocket and spend the rest of your time until euthanization reading the 34,000,000 results warning those of us in the daylight why this inadvisable. You probably hold the phone against your ear while using it as well. There are 33,700,000 results warning you about this, too, but you have to come out from under your rock like the younger generation. Nobody is going to hold your age against you unless you wear it as a thorny crown. There's nothing wrong with being thirty. It's living under a rock that makes you old.

^

It's just ghey

Why let anybody stop you from being gay? Maybe you'd be better off with a bottom in front of you than a frontal lobotomy.

The nice thing about getting older is that you accept the fact you're no longer a spring flower nor wet behind the ears. Ergo: phones on belts, fanny packs (N. American usage) and socks with sandals become less earth-shaking issues of life. Leave the shallow stuff to the less-confident who still need to put some years on and experience under their belts to begin to see through the trees in order to comprehend the forest. wink.gif

A young bull and an old bull are up on a hill overlooking a herd of cows.

The young bull says, "Hey, let's run down there and do one of those cows!"

The old bull says, "Let's walk down and do them all."

I wear my Bat Utility Belt every single day. I often wear it at night when my wife allows me to do so. Robin does not have one though. A wife I mean. He does have a kind of belt but it's not like my Utility Belt. On my belt I carry my Bat Communicator, Bat Boomerang, Bat Knive, Bat Gun, Bat Device Charger, Bat Grappling Hook, Bat Rope, Bat Food, Bat Spare Flipflops, Bat Noodle Pack, Bat Gold Chain and Bat Car Key Holder. My next door neighbour has one too. A Bat Utility Belt I mean. But Robin doesn't.

A.K.A

Who cares???? :-)

I wear my Bat Utility Belt every single day. I often wear it at night when my wife allows me to do so. Robin does not have one though. A wife I mean. He does have a kind of belt but it's not like my Utility Belt. On my belt I carry my Bat Communicator, Bat Boomerang, Bat Knive, Bat Gun, Bat Device Charger, Bat Grappling Hook, Bat Rope, Bat Food, Bat Spare Flipflops, Bat Noodle Pack, Bat Gold Chain and Bat Car Key Holder. My next door neighbour has one too. A Bat Utility Belt I mean. But Robin doesn't.

A.K.A

Who cares???? :-)

I vote that as the best response to this thread so far. The only thing missing is that the "Batty Hilfiger" has to be prominently displayed on the outside of the belt.

I remember a few years ago there used to be a Japanese guy who stayed at the Nana Hotel a coupla times a year. He wore what looked like a 'fly-fishing' vest which was just covered in carabiners; I mean there had to be 30 on it :D ! Each one had something of value (to him at least :o ) attached to it. Some had a wire lead and the valuable thing was tucked in one of the plethora of zipper pockets on the vest. ;)

He was referred to as "Carabiner-Man" B) , and seemed to take it in stride.

His 'claim-to-fame' (if any of the dinosaurs staying at the Nana Hotel can have a claim to fame :lol: ) was that he took pictures the guests of hotel, and the next time he would show up he'd show the picz to them to prove he knew 'em.

I haven't heard of him in a while though. :(

Perhaps on an excursion he fell into deep water and due to the weight of the carabiners was unable to surface! :whistling:

Sad actually because he seemed like a nice guy who just wanted things at his fingertips! :P

• Like 1

I have always called them "bum bags" I mainly use it when walking to put camera and spare batteries in, sometime my phone and a torch.

When walking I rotate it to my hip, when sitting to my belly. I have never thought about the "image" aspect, Just the practicalities.

....I guess a rucksack would be out of the question, yes?

I always thought a ruck sack was a medical condition gained from getting a sensitive part of the anatomy caught in the bottom of a rugby scrum.

Of course, I personally really do care a lot about how people dress.

Currently, I am spearheading a campaign against people who pull long socks up to their knees. I am also chairing a committee against leather elbow patches on tweed jackets.

Oh, the sleepless nights I have. How I feel for nocturn, for I share his anguish.

....I guess a rucksack would be out of the question, yes?rucksack.jpg

Rucksacks and back packs are too sweaty for Thailand... even if they are empty. Fanny packs, hip pack, or bum pack (or call it what you want), carry enough stuff for a day hike and are out of the way. They sit at the strongest part of the body and cause neither pain or aches if worn for long periods of time. And, they don't get in your way like a shoulder bag. Police wear hip belts because of weight distribution. They can carry a handgun, a big flashlight, a big phone, a baton and ammunition with ease from a hip belt. My son's carpenter's apron weighs about 20 pounds with all the tools in it.

i lose no sleep, yet i was told that i was in the minority in my opinion.

that would seem to be untrue.

apparently there are others here younger than 45 in the real world who have not yet purchased a mate.