How To Fast Track Through Immigration?

There was a thread about this recently but I could not remember the details, soooo I googled 'fast track bkk' and guess what, there were pages of companies wanting to sell me fast track tickets.

Gotta love this new fangled internet thingy :whistling:

I travel a lot (at least once a month) and always have two fast-track passes with me. If push comes to shove, one for exiting and one for re-entering the country. It has been my practice for two or three years.

I use the pass if the queues are long. Often enough, the queue is not long (you have to check the monitors, it may be long at the immigration counter area near you but short at the other one), so I really only use the passes two or three times per year. And on those occasions, I am glad about the pass and buy a new one right away.

I travel a lot (at least once a month) and always have two fast-track passes with me. If push comes to shove, one for exiting and one for re-entering the country. It has been my practice for two or three years.

I use the pass if the queues are long. Often enough, the queue is not long (you have to check the monitors, it may be long at the immigration counter area near you but short at the other one), so I really only use the passes two or three times per year. And on those occasions, I am glad about the pass and buy a new one right away.

Where do u buy these passes

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

http://www.imagelimo.com/vip-image-limousines.php

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

http://www.imagelimo...-limousines.php

Cheers for the link. Anyone able to confirm which first/business class lounges they use?

I'm assuming its the Thai ones which have deteriorated lately imo.

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

Interesting, I never knew that. I always call to Citibank Visa and they will send me vouchers for the Fastrack. It costs me 1,000 "Points" each, i.e. totally free.

1600 Baht inclusive Limo service to you hotel !

I saw that we through out Business Champer could buy 10 coupons, i think it was 2000 Baht.

The immigration just want all to pay for it for sure !

Hi Karsten,

Could you please clarify this post, as it is a bit hard to work out what you are saying?

What is Business Champer?

Regards,

frank

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

I still fail to see how you can get/purchase a 'ticket' and thenn use it when you think

it is the best time to use it...

Where do you get these tickets??

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

I still fail to see how you can get/purchase a 'ticket' and thenn use it when you think

The "tickets" come blank so when you arrive if there's not many people waiting at normal immigration line no need to really use fast track, if there's a massive queue simply fill in the card with name, flight number and date and go through fast track in a couple of minutes.

http://www.thaifastt...1_10_Fast-Track - all info here.....

JH

Interesting, I never knew that. I always call to Citibank Visa and they will send me vouchers for the Fastrack. It costs me 1,000 "Points" each, i.e. totally free.

For the Citi M Visa - Platinum Select, the website also advises that if you buy the plane ticket through their Travel Service they will give you a 'Free Fast Track Voucher' and a Free Limo ride from your home to the airport.

Have you ever contacted Cit Bank's travel service to see what the rates are like? If the ticket prices are competitive, or even just slightly over market rates it may be worth it.

I haven't had to leave the country yet since I got this Card, but I will surely contact them to check their ticket prices next time I have to head overseas. The other bonus is that they give you two free vouchers per year for the Louis Tavern Lounge located in Concourse A & F (3rd Floor) as well.

Edited by CWMcMurray

For the Citi M Visa - Platinum Select, the website also advises that if you buy the plane ticket through their Travel Service they will give you a 'Free Fast Track Voucher' and a Free Limo ride from your home to the airport.

Have you ever contacted Cit Bank's travel service to see what the rates are like? If the ticket prices are competitive, or even just slightly over market rates it may be worth it.

I haven't had to leave the country yet since I got this Card, but I will surely contact them to check their ticket prices next time I have to head overseas. The other bonus is that they give you two free vouchers per year for the Louis Tavern Lounge located in Concourse A & F (3rd Floor) as well.

Yes, I used their travel service, albeit some two years ago. The ticket prices were OK, but you can compare with your usual travel agent. I believe the free limo ride is only for business class tickets purchased through them, but you can ask whether they now also offer it for eco tickets.

Two free accesses to Louis Tavern apply even if you don't book through their travel service. Makes sense only if you fly economy though, because you get lounge access from the airline anyway when you fly business. ;-)

Neither the Fast Track or Image Limo websites indicate where you can buy the fast-track coupons ONLY. They seem to sell the whole package. Is there a link I am missing where one can purchase just the blank coupons? I can get to/from that gates and immigration easily enough.

• 2 weeks later...

OPEN FOLLOWING LINK

I still fail to see how you can get/purchase a 'ticket' and then use it when you think

The "tickets" come blank so when you arrive if there's not many people waiting at normal immigration line no need to really use fast track, if there's a massive queue simply fill in the card with name, flight number and date and go through fast track in a couple of minutes.

http://www.thaifastt...1_10_Fast-Track - all info here.....

JH

Bumping this one so that fvw53 and Jebhead can tell us where they 'bought' their Fast-Track vouchers?

Or otherwise confirm that their vouchers were part of a limo and/or meet-and-greet package purchased or booked online with these two companies.

I booked through one of those links i attached, they called me & arranged to meet me at departure gate. Once met they will walk you through check in and then through Fast track lane at immigration.

JH

• 2 weeks later...

It's gotten so bad that ANA has actually issued a travel notice for Suvarnabuhmi. What a lose of face.

"ANA Information

To Departing Passengers from Bangkok Suvarnabumi Airport

Severe congestion has occurred in passport control area of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Moreover, due to renovation of immigration area from 18th May, it is expected extremely long lining up at passport control. ANA recommend passengers to finish check-in 2 hours earlier than the standard departure time and queue up immediately.

(The construction may continue until March 2012.)

Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

May 16th, 2011

All Nippon Airways Co., LTD."

Source: http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/th/e/local/ana_info/notice110516/

in buisness class they give u one before landing

Always nice to go to an empty counter when there is 200 tired tourist waiting in line :D

????????????????

been travelling frequently to BKK for more than 25 years now, always in first class or business class,

have never, absolutely never, received anything like a fast track card

off the top of my head, here are some of the airlines;

LH, SK, TG, SQ, BA, Air France, TK, KLM, Qantas, som Jap airlines, a NZ airline, MS

in fact, I have never ever seen a fast track card for going through imm.

????????????????

been travelling frequently to BKK for more than 25 years now, always in first class or business class,

LH, SK, TG, SQ, BA, Air France, TK, KLM, Qantas, som Jap airlines, a NZ airline, MS

Same thing. Traveled on business class on TG so often yet never once that I get a fast track card (on arrival) but they did on Emirates.

But it usually isn't the problem for me I always use Thai passports counters.

UA gives Fast Track cards to its revenue First Class passengers and to top tier fliers in Business Class. Perhaps they give them to top tier fliers (Global Services, 1K, etc) in Economy, too, but I'm not sure.

I would pay a few quid to fast track through check-in.

Never spent much more than a couple of minutes getting through immigration on arrival. But that's my secret and it will remain so. Sorry.

Check-in at Suvarnabhumi is a Grade-A bitch. I hate it with all my heart.

Time they got it sorted. We ain't cattle. We're paying serious amounts of money (some of us save for months or years for that particular "privilege").

Why can't they just put more staff on, open up more desks and make it smooth?

Too simple, I guess.

Never spent much more than a couple of minutes getting through immigration on arrival. But that's my secret and it will remain so. Sorry.

Time they got it sorted. We ain't cattle. We're paying serious amounts of money (some of us save for months or years for that particular "privilege").

Too simple, I guess.

---------------------------------------

1. Firstly, if you can afford it, fly business class and use the business class check-in counters. It's faster by far.

2. Yes, I know check-in is a "bitch". especially in economy. I don't like it either.

However, just so you understand, the airline doesn't make any extra money if you check-in faster. They make money on the ticket you purchased. So the length of time you wait for check-in doesn't bother them a bit. Also the security check for your carry-on luggage is not the responsibility of the airline. Niether is loading the luggage on to the plane. Both of those are a function of the airport. The airline makes no more profit if they have to pay for extra airline staff to help with those processes. It's called Capitalisim and it's driving force is profit, not customer service.

-----------------------------------------

????????????????

Same thing. Traveled on business class on TG so often yet never once that I get a fast track card (on arrival) but they did on Emirates.

But it usually isn't the problem for me I always use Thai passports counters.

If you fly Thai, there is no need for a card as they have their own immigration desks for First and Business class travellers at BKK. When you arrive in Sydney, on the other hand, TG does give fast--track cards tobusiness class passengers, as I can attest from experience.

I booked through one of those links i attached, they called me & arranged to meet me at departure gate. Once met they will walk you through check in and then through Fast track lane at immigration.

JH

Not sure I understand this. Are you talking about departure or arrival?

If they meet you at the departure gate, you will have to check in and go through immigration before you can even meet them.

Too simple, I guess.

---------------------------------------

1. Firstly, if you can afford it, fly business class and use the business class check-in counters. It's faster by far.

2. Yes, I know check-in is a "bitch". especially in economy. I don't like it either.

However, just so you understand, the airline doesn't make any extra money if you check-in faster. They make money on the ticket you purchased. So the length of time you wait for check-in doesn't bother them a bit. Also the security check for your carry-on luggage is not the responsibility of the airline. Niether is loading the luggage on to the plane. Both of those are a function of the airport. The airline makes no more profit if they have to pay for extra airline staff to help with those processes. It's called Capitalisim and it's driving force is profit, not customer service.

-----------------------------------------

Customer service is part of capitalism. You can't retain customers if bad service makes them use another airline instead. While profit is the driving force, you won't make profit if the customers have a choice of a better price service for a similar price. And choices there are. Customers choose to make up with any bad service, for some reason they decide. A driving factor for the customers is often the price: If you want a cheap ticket, you get cheap service. That is as expected.

JH

Not sure I understand this. Are you talking about departure or arrival?

If they meet you at the departure gate, you will have to check in and go through immigration before you can even meet them.

Meet them at departure gate where you get dropped off ( outside terminal ) or you can meet them at check in counter ( inside terminal ). They will go to the front of the check in line and check you in. They will then walk you to fast track immigration line and make sure you get thru ok. They will even hold your hand all the way to the flight gate if you want.....

Arrival in the country - there will be a rep standing with your name on a clip board as soon as you get off the ramp from the plane, they will assist you getting to fast track immigration and then will wait till you bags come - if you want. If it's someone elderly using the service they can arrange a golf buggy to pick you up from plane and take you to immigration although i think they charge yo for it...

From my experience it's very organized, reliable and simple...

Hope this helps

JH