Nuclear Power Plant In Thailand

Mathew

According to the "Thailand Power Development Plan 2010-2030" the first nuclear power plant should start operating in 2023. Does anybody know (with checked document or link), where this nuclear power plant will be ?

Nakhon Si Thammarat

Surat Thani

Trat

Nakhon Sawan

Ubon Ratchatani

are the 5 shortlisted locations. Don't know which one was going to be built first though but it's been delayed 3 years.

To take up the slack they're going to increase their LNG capacity.

Nakhon Si Thammarat

Surat Thani

Trat

Nakhon Sawan

Ubon Ratchatani

are the 5 shortlisted locations. Don't know which one was going to be built first though but it's been delayed 3 years.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Nakhon Sawan, because of its central location and good water supply. I live in the area, and until this issue arose I couldn't work out why we seem to be having a development explosion generally and particularly to the South East of the city. If it happens I imagine there will be many new jobs created which will be good for the place. There are many locations here where such a plant would be relatively unobtrusive. As to all the safety issues, I doubt that the locals will worry too much, but I could be wrong.

Nakhon Si Thammarat

Surat Thani

Trat

Nakhon Sawan

Ubon Ratchatani

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Nakhon Sawan, because of its central location and good water supply. I live in the area, and until this issue arose I couldn't work out why we seem to be having a development explosion generally and particularly to the South East of the city. If it happens I imagine there will be many new jobs created which will be good for the place. There are many locations here where such a plant would be relatively unobtrusive. As to all the safety issues, I doubt that the locals will worry too much, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I noticed the new development in Nakhon Sawan last time I passed through, they have a Big C and traffic lights now! Changed a lot since I first went there in 1995.