Three Months Left On Passport, What Can I Do?

Hello All,

I was going to do a visa run tomorrow to extend my tourist visa but just realised that Cambodia requires a FOUR months validity on your passport to get an entry visa and my passport has only THREE !! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

What can I do ?

Thank you in advance for your help

And Thailand even requires 6 months to enter.

Seems you have to apply for a new passport and in the meantime maybe get an emergency passport.

(You do not extend a tourist visa by doing a border run). You can get a new entry if you still have an entry left.

Did you already get an extension of 30 days on your toruist visa? If not, go to an immirgaiton office with a passphoto and 1,900 baht and apply for an extension of stay.

And Thailand even requires 6 months to enter.

Seems you have to apply for a new passport and in the meantime maybe get an emergency passport.

(You do not extend a tourist visa by doing a border run). You can get a new entry if you still have an entry left.

Did you already get an extension of 30 days on your toruist visa? If not, go to an immirgaiton office with a passphoto and 1,900 baht and apply for an extension of stay.

Yes I did that already ... (paid 1900thb)

I was going to do a re entry...

Do you think I can get another extension from the Immigration Bureau?

I just called my embassy they are closed today :(

Edited by aneliane

Ok I got a one week extension at Chaeng Wattanna for 1900thb.

It takes 10 days (from monday) to make a new passport.

So I will be in overstaying situation, - and pay 500thb a day fine - for the 3 remaining days, until I get my passport then I will have to leave the country straight away.

Since my double entry tourist visa will be expired by then .. I assume I will also lose my "second entry" visa possibility and have to go to an embassy to remake a band new tourist visa, is that correct?

Thank you