hi,

I'm new for farm forums and would like to know about pig farm and fish farm how should i start with by the way i am Thai try to write English i apology i'm in uk thinking about start something to do when i go back thailand next time

Hello sawudon and welcome.

I am not one of the most experienced pig farmers on this forum but if you are thinking of starting a pig/fish farm then you will need a building for your pigs, some pigs, a pond and some fish 55555 !!!!

Joking aside,you will need good breeding/fattening stock,a good supply of clean drinking water (cold),clean habitat for you pigs and good medical care.Pigs are easy to raise but to have successful pigs making good weight or litters is another matter all together.Hope this helps and good luck !!!

Shaggy

P.s don't worry about your English writing,it's a lot better than my Thai writing :rolleyes:

hello shaggy thank for welcome me

is that funny 55 :D I been reading your conversation you and aussie that is very help full but I would like to know more how much should I looking for to start{thai bath} ? with what it will cost to buy per piglet? and how much will cost for feeding per piglet per day /month? how many piglets should I start with? or should I buy gilt? and if it is how many should I gilts should I start with and how about vet should I pay for vet per month or not ? and how big a room I mean pen or house for pigs how many, cm x cm building for how many pigs? what is the main big promblem for look upther pigs? and about fish I am have good size 2 pond just becouse I am not there to take care off the land and pond so it just like a florest I thinking off tilapia what that fish call? if i'm right may not! :jap: it this type of fish easy to care ? hope you understand my wrighing.

thank you shaggy

Sawudon,

From your questions I must suggest you start with a lot of research and planning. In my case that took over 5 years before I started. Essential is the herdsman who will look after the pigs. If you are going to buy piglets and grow them to market weight then this may not be so important as you will only have the pigs for 3 to 4 months. If you are looking at breeding then the relationship of man and pig becomes much more important as sows are 3 to 4 times the weight of a man and is much stronger, trust is critical as you will need to handle them often. I cannot stress this point enough. Pigs are forgiving animals and easily trained but it takes patience and time, they are as individual as we humans.

I would suggest you plan on touring as many pig farms as you can, both in the UK and then here before you commit to any expenditure. Visit the vets in the area you intend to build, find out what medications they hold in stock. Feed suppliers and animal sources need to be located. What markets are available? Visit the local government offices and establish what permits etc.. you need to get and what restrictions you may have imposed.

There is a lot of information on the web. Start digging.

For instance before you can plan the pen sizes, you need to know how many pigs at what size will be housed in each pen. The allocation of space must be right or the pigs will develop very bad dunging habits making cleaning difficult. Waste disposal, water supply, medications, feed, bedding are some of the issues you will face.

Also get onto the main farming forum and get busy reading up on feed costs, food conversions and prices. There is a wealth of information on the site.

Good luck with your plans.

Isaan Aussie

PS. I would suggest that this topic be moved to the main farming board.