Thai Tv In The Uk

Rj 81

Hi folks

I believe it's possible to get Thai TV in the UK, was just wandering if anyone has done this?

I have Sky digital at the moment and believe you can buy a box or something to get Thai TV also. I've not looked into this properly yet, just thought I'd ask on here first to see if anyone can give some advice.

Rj

a friend of my wifes did this some time ago - ill have to check but...

she went to a tv/ariel type place - and they provided a dirty great satalite dish that sits in her back garden and receives all of the thai channels.

someone at my work has also done the same thing for all the persian channels as she is iranian.

one off payment of about £250 - £450 for dish, install and configure apparently, but couldnt be sure how accurate this is.

Why on earth would you WANT to get Thai TV in the UK.?

Thats the one place I can go to escape it.

Its utter CR@P !!!

Ah, but i bet when your in Thailand you look for an English speaking channel ?

My Mrs has already heard of this Sat Dish from someone at the Temple. Apparently you plug the dish into the back of your Sky Box and switch over at the back when you want to watch Thai TV instead of Sky. I'll find out more this weekend.

Thanks rio

pauly - Yeah I know, I know yeah. It's not for me though. My G/f is coming over for a visit (6 months hopefully) she soing to be going on an english course and in between she'll be at home while am at work, just to help her feel a bit better, you know what they are like with the TV!! :o

Rj

Why on earth would you WANT to get Thai TV in the UK.?

Thats the one place I can go to escape it.

Its utter CR@P !!!

Depends what your interests are, I agree lakorn is crap but I love some of the shows such as star show, seang tong and if you have T channel veteethai lots of others in a similar vein. Can't be bothered to get it installed in the UK but buy VCD's of the shows I want-peter

Your all right thai tv is rubbish, but you can get a motorised sat dish, once you know the settings you can move the sat dish to pick up all the thai tv channels, as well as every other sat station in the world that hasnt been coded like sky one etc. Costs i think are in the region of £300 to £400, i havent told my wife about these dishes though, its bad enough having to watch all those dodgy Japanese cartoons and the hallmark channel :o

Your all right thai tv is rubbish, but you can get a motorised sat dish, once you know the settings you can move the sat dish to pick up all the thai tv channels, as well as every other sat station in the world that hasnt been coded like sky one etc. Costs i think are in the region of £300 to £400, i havent told my wife about these dishes though, its bad enough having to watch all those dodgy Japanese cartoons and the hallmark channel :o

Sorry but you can only get the satellites that broadcast with their foot print that cover Europe (here in Europe), Thai Satellite's are the other side of the globe and don't reach Europe. So not all the Thai channels, as my other half said earlier 2 Thai TV channels and Bangkok Radio here in the UK.

Mem