Now To Get 6 Months Stay In Thailand Help Needed

i guys new to this site i am 44 and disabled enough not being able to work and get around £1000+ a month,i want to go to Thailand for the winter months with my wife, and i am worried about the visa as i have been told that just go and after 60 day get an extend for 30 days =90 days. but worried as this is not guaranteed so if i pay for a multiply tourist visa which is around £80 each = 60 days then apply of the extended thought this not guaranteed so if i do not get it all have to do is exit by Cambodia and re-enter =90.

IS this right are is there an easier way?please do not say go to tenerife please haha. Not sure why there make it so hard????????

Any help would be greatly appreciated

paul

Get a tourist visa - 60 days - three entry. Leave Thailand at 59 and 119 days after arrival for a foreign country i.e. Laos, Cambodia, anywhere.

This will give you 180 days. If needed, after 179 days, leave Thailand again and get a 30 day extension. 210 days total

Get a tourist visa - 60 days - three entry. Leave Thailand at 59 and 119 days after arrival for a foreign country i.e. Laos, Cambodia, anywhere.

This will give you 180 days. If needed, after 179 days, leave Thailand again and get a 30 day extension. 210 days total

IS IT REALLY THAT SIMPLE? I DO NOT WANT TO END UP SOMEONES BITCH IN THAILAND JAIL HAHA

CHEERS

PAUL

IS IT REALLY THAT SIMPLE? I DO NOT WANT TO END UP SOMEONES BITCH IN THAILAND JAIL HAHA

CHEERS

PAUL

Yes it really is that simple as its been put,but once again you have to take into consideration,where you are living at the time,how close the nearest border crossing is and how much and how long it will take to do,all decisive factors especially for someone who has an alleged disability,Thailand is a very large country don't forget and you can often be at least 5 or 6 hours from the nearest border,lets not forget that upon leaving Thailand and entering Laos,Cambodia etc one has to shell out further more for a tourist visa on arrival,no free entry here,so the cost continues to rise and it gets very busy and somewhat congested at some border crossings,causing more headache.

So yes its all very simple,but don't forget to take passport size photo's,maybe US dollars depending on where you enter and exit,and be prepared for a very long day sometimes,plus this all cost's extra money so remember to budget for it..:jap:

Edited by stoneyboy

CHEERS

PAUL

Yes it really is that simple as its been put,but once again you have to take into consideration,where you are living at the time,how close the nearest border crossing is and how much and how long it will take to do,all decisive factors especially for someone who has an alleged disability,Thailand is a very large country don't forget and you can often be at least 5 or 6 hours from the nearest border,lets not forget that upon leaving Thailand and entering Laos,Cambodia etc one has to shell out further more for a tourist visa on arrival,no free entry here,so the cost continues to rise and it gets very busy and somewhat congested at some border crossings,causing more headache.

So yes its all very simple,but don't forget to take passport size photo's,maybe US dollars depending on where you enter and exit,and be prepared for a very long day sometimes,plus this all cost's extra money so remember to budget for it..:jap:

so i have to pay for the tourist visa - 60 days - three entry before i go to thailand? looking to stay on koh samui or Jomtien,not sure yet still doing my home work any help with that would be good to.

cheer

paul

Where did you get your info about not getting a extension on your tourist visa. Correct nothing is guarnteed but typically when I have talked to people who didn't get the full 30 day extension or no extension immigration was protecting their second entry which you do at a border crossing. The important date on any visa is the use by date which will be printed on or around the visa.

Get a double entry before leaving England 60 days on arrival and before it expires go to immigration and extend for 30 days, should not be a problem. Before the 30 day extension expires make a border run, cross over and come back in activating your second 60 day tourist visa, then extend before experation for another 30 days. Total 180 days the same as using a 3 entry visa but cheaper, fewer border runs. The reason for the multiply border runs on the 3 entry is because of the use by date of the 3rd visa which would expire before use if you extended the 1rst visa at immigration and then activated the 3nd with a border run.

Good luck it is really simple after you figure out the ends and outs and make up your mind how you want to go. As someone said earlier unless you live close to a border crossing the travel back and forth can be a hassel on Thai buses and very uncomfortable as well as expensive and time consumeing

Edited by moe666

sp only get the double entry not three entry?

Where did you get your info about not getting a extension on your tourist visa. Correct nothing is guarnteed but typically when I have talked to people who didn't get the full 30 day extension or no extension immigration was protecting their second entry which you do at a border crossing. The important date on any visa is the use by date which will be printed on or around the visa.

Get a double entry before leaving England 60 days on arrival and before it expires go to immigration and extend for 30 days, should not be a problem. Before the 30 day extension expires make a border run, cross over and come back in activating your second 60 day tourist visa, then extend before experation for another 30 days. Total 180 days the same as using a 3 entry visa but cheaper, fewer border runs. The reason for the multiply border runs on the 3 entry is because of the use by date of the 3rd visa which would expire before use if you extended the 1rst visa at immigration and then activated the 3nd with a border run.

Good luck it is really simple after you figure out the ends and outs and make up your mind how you want to go. As someone said earlier unless you live close to a border crossing the travel back and forth can be a hassel on Thai buses and very uncomfortable as well as expensive and time consumeing

How long do you want to stay? You never said. If only 90 days as your original post indicates it is a single entry tourist visa that you extend for 30 days - it is always approved if done before expiration date of current stay/or visa.

If you want to stay longer a two or three entry is available and each entry can be extended 30 days if wanted. If living on Island it is likely easier to extend than to cross a border.

How long do you want to stay? You never said. If only 90 days as your original post indicates it is a single entry tourist visa that you extend for 30 days - it is always approved if done before expiration date of current stay/or visa.

If you want to stay longer a two or three entry is available and each entry can be extended 30 days if wanted. If living on Island it is likely easier to extend than to cross a border.

Cheers we are looking to stay around the 6 month mark? tho thinking less now so may be 4 months now?

A two entry tourist visa would seem the best if for 4-6 months. Either one border run for two 60 day stays or that and extend each for 30 days to get a full six months. A three entry would also provide the 3x60 (two border runs) option (easy if in Jomtien).

A two entry tourist visa would seem the best if for 4-6 months. Either one border run for two 60 day stays or that and extend each for 30 days to get a full six months. A three entry would also provide the 3x60 (two border runs) option (easy if in Jomtien).

would it be more difficult if from koh sanui?

Normal run is to Malaysia or Burma. But all are subject to weather as local storms can cause disruptions in sea crossings.

This is a concern but I can only remembering it happing three times over the years though there were a couple of times when it was passanger only. Even though the chances of the ferries being down are slim I always do my visa run 4 or 5 days before the visa expires. As the OP is disabled I would not recomend the Burma run as the other end would be quite demanding. Some of the roads are not to good either unlike the Malaysia run. The time to do either is pretty much the same but if it's raining I'd rather good roads. Burma also costs 10 US$ while Malaysia is free.

I saw earlier you were thinking maybe only 4 months in the Kingdom so a double entry would be enough. A double entry would just about cover 6 but I would rather pay the extra for a triple just in case. It's over 10 quid overstay fine per day should things not go your way due to unforseen circumstances. Better to have more options than not.

Edited by Maestro
Deleted part of post that was a reply to a deleted post.

:rolleyes:

I take it you're a U.K. national?

If so, you shouldn't have any problems getting a double entry tourist visa. It's not free but it isn't that expensive. The nearest Thai consulate to you should be able to give you all the info.

Each entry is good for 60 days and you can extend that entry in Bangkok Thailand for 30 days at the cost of 1900 Baht for each extension. So what you get is (first entry of 60 days plus 30 day extension =90 days) plus (2nd entry of 60 days olus 30 day extension = 90 days) for a total of 180 days. That's nearly six months in Thailand to get you out of the cold U.K. winter weather.

The Thai consulate in Hull is known as a user-friendly consulate. Give them a ring and they can give you the information you need and what it will cost. If you have time you can even do the process by mail, just be sure to plan enough time for the mail to go both ways.

But first I recommend you give the Thai consulate in Hull a call. They are usually quite friendly and helpful, and they will know exactly what documents you need to provide them.

Tell them you want a double entry tourist visa and they should be able to tell you exactly what documents you need for that visa and the cost.

:rolleyes:

Is it not currently May,and therefore nearly the summer in the UK any way,i thought this was going to be for a winter retreat for the OP,or am i missing the point,i have been following this thread from the start and can not for the love of me see any progress being made by the OP,why do you feel you need to arrange a Tourist Visa to Thailand in May for a winter holiday,just curious that's all seems like a long way off,i can get a tourist visa from Hull in a week, normally the week before i travel unless there are public holidays to consider.

i

Is it not currently May,and therefore nearly the summer in the UK any way,i thought this was going to be for a winter retreat for the OP,or am i missing the point,i have been following this thread from the start and can not for the love of me see any progress being made by the OP,why do you feel you need to arrange a Tourist Visa to Thailand in May for a winter holiday,just curious that's all seems like a long way off,i can get a tourist visa from Hull in a week, normally the week before i travel unless there are public holidays to consider.

hi stoneyboy

i like to plan and make sure we do this right as i have not done this before

1 we have enough cash

2 finding a place to stay

3 visa's and know how to do it

plus September is only 4 months away

i

hi stoneyboy

i like to plan and make sure we do this right as i have not done this before

1 we have enough cash

2 finding a place to stay

3 visa's and know how to do it

plus September is only 4 months away

I fully understand,that planning ahead is needed but the Visa is really very little to worry about,go to the Hull consulate website,it explains everything in black and white,download and print the visa forms, give credit/debit details completed forms and photo,mail the passports and everything special next day delivery and usually within two to three days you will have them back,i would consider focusing your research time on finding accommodation,how you want to manage your cash while here this long,health insurance,these are the real focus not the Tourist Visa.

A double entry tourist visa, with each entry being extended at an immigration office for 30 days (฿1900) will give the same 180 days and cost less than a triple entry.

If you have a double entry Tourist Visa you can extend for 30 days so that is 60+30=90 The cost on the extension is 1900 baht as noted. Then you MUST leave the country and enter another country, you may then turn around and reenter Thailand activating your second entry allowing 60+30 (again 1900 baht for the extension)...

The only caveat on TV's particularly 3 entry Tourist Visas is that you must make sure to activate your last entry before the "use by" date has passed.

Edited by Maestro

Various comments on the above posts....

Don't get the visa until shortly before you travel as I understand that it starts from date of issue. Other members may be able to elucidate on this.

Edited by Maestro

Various comments on the above posts....

Don't get the visa until shortly before you travel as I understand that it starts from date of issue. Other members may be able to elucidate on this.

:) The Visa starts when you enter Thailand, it is the "use by" date that matters at the end..... (If the use by date for the last entry is before the must exit date on the current stay -- and you stay all the days .. your last entry is no longer valid -- it has expired.) This is more commonly an issue on 3 entry TV's.

Edited by Maestro

An off-topic post about "taxpayers cash" and the replies to it have been deleted. This topic is about a suitable visa to stay in Thailand for the winter, a period not yet clearly defined by the original poster (OP) doingok, but apparently from four to six months.

An off-topic post about "taxpayers cash" and the replies to it have been deleted. This topic is about a suitable visa to stay in Thailand for the winter, a period not yet clearly defined by the original poster (OP) doingok, but apparently from four to six months.

Fair enough

Fair enough

yes i got it eventually visa, hull 3 entry will do, cheers guys mrjohnno your a star mate,worry over visa gone. haha

Edited by doingok