Rubber Trees

Oh thank christ, lol.Depending on what area you live in.Try bananas, theygrow like a weed.Go to your local kings project.Grow something they recomend for your area.Not bloody palm oil.lol

Sent from my SM-T315T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Why can't scientists do something useful, like develop a beer tree? One where we could just go to the tree, and fill our glasses and get a good pint of our favourite tipple. I'd be the happiest bloke alive. 555

• Like 2

Why can't scientists do something useful, like develop a beer tree? One where we could just go to the tree, and fill our glasses and get a good pint of our favourite tipple. I'd be the happiest bloke alive. 555

no, I would want a money tree, afew Swedish fellas round this way believe there must be these trees about, coz of the way some people burn through the stuff.

got afew rai of bananas already, planted about 50 shoots a couple of years ago and now you can imagine. had the "macro" working afew months back, dug a load of land out and now have bananas popping up all over the show.

we sell pig poo to some of the some of these government growers, always have advice what to plant and want not ect.. wife planted a lot of bamboo last year. seems to be popular up here for the past couple of years, know a good few people who have ++ rai under bamboo, sell them poo also, gotta love the pigs! the main crop here is of course the sugar cane.

• Like 1

Thoongfoned.Sounds like youve got it well organised.My dad was a farmer and he always says"dont put all your eggs in the 1 basket"

Love to see your project.Dont hold your breast waiting for me though.

Cheers Cobbler

Been away for a couple of weeks back in England, no time for emails/internet - bliss. Had a marvellous day getting slaughtered-drunk with relatives watching one day cricket in Yorkshire. First time i've been to a cricket match - good fun and boy do they drink! My 8 year old boy was with me, and he got to drive a boat on the Norfolk broads, whilst me and Grandad drank beer - again.

Anyway, back on topic, dunno why our prices up here in Udon are better than further south. Logistics wise i would have thought vise versa. Our first cup rubber sale two weeks ago at auction was 31.50 baht per kg, 2nd sale yesterday at 34.02 baht per kg. Output is 75-100% up on the same time last year, possibly due to the trees now being 10-11 years older and the panel further down the trunk. Also they got a damn good fertilise of 5 bags more than previous and perfect timing rainfall within 48 hours. Helps offset the shi##tty prices.

# Sell only at auction. This is our 4th season, never sold to a middleman direct, nor on the gate. The winning bidder of the auction is, no doubt the "Middleman".

# Sorry, no John Smiths. As usual could not get anything extra into my suitcases - stuffed to the brim. Last time i had Triumph swing arm, carbs in the suitcase and a cylinder head in my carry-on ! This time diamond wheels for my T&CG (tool and cutter grinder), 4 x 2ft lengths of 1" alloy flat bar, the usual food stuffs and 4 kgs of hippy wholemeal brown flour, as i can only get white plain here. Got a bread making machine these days and have got right into my home made bread.

# Discovered a new beer to drink, very popular in Yorkshire - Italian draught Peroni. Lovely drop of beer.

Mike, mechanic, machinist, rubber farmer, and now baker.

• Like 2

Hi All

Been having a look at some rubber plantations around the Chaiyaphum area and would like to get involved in rubber production, at this timeI know very little about the business. Looks like it has been successful for many judging by their homes cars etc.

A few questions, what is a chanote when buying land seems most of the properties I have looked at do not have, have only a document that seems second to a chanote.

The future of rubber production in Thailand?

Future for small producers, 20-30 Rai?

Producing rubber in sheets, labour intensive?

Where can I monitor the rubber price

Moving forward, alternative crops?.

Cheers

Hi oziex1

My recomendati8n to you is , DONT.Future of rubber is not looking good at all..Many countries who were not growing rubber before, are now growing millions of rai.They can have cheaper wages than Thailand.I wouldnt do it now, but Im here now so we keep going.Many ways to make money better than rubber.

The fqrmers who have nice houses.I can guarrantee you they diddnt buy them at 30 bart per kilo for kee yang and 60 bart a kilo for sheet.

Anybody wanting to sell there yang to you will be very happy to think somebody will buy it.

I wont even go into your other questions as I dont recomend doing it at all.

KEEP YOUR MONEY

Hi oziex1

My recomendati8n to you is , DONT.Future of rubber is not looking good at all..Many countries who were not growing rubber before, are now growing millions of rai.They can have cheaper wages than Thailand.I wouldnt do it now, but Im here now so we keep going.Many ways to make money better than rubber.

The fqrmers who have nice houses.I can guarrantee you they diddnt buy them at 30 bart per kilo for kee yang and 60 bart a kilo for sheet.

Anybody wanting to sell there yang to you will be very happy to think somebody will buy it.

I wont even go into your other questions as I dont recomend doing it at all.

KEEP YOUR MONEY

+1. Unless you've got 400+ rai, the days of making serious money with rubber are over.

• Like 2

Really if you want decent falang lifestyle.For me id want at least 200 rai..If you got that type of money , invest it in your own country and live here in thailand.Youd be mad to invest in thai...you could lose the lot.If your wife dies there will be many wolves at the door,.Government departments will have a million ways of getting the money out of you , bit, by, bit.

Ah yes the good old days .our best price was from memory.180 bart per kilo for sheet.That year set us up.But that was before laos brought 5million rai on line , still more to come too.Also other countries into it too now,.Market is flooded now

O great, my wife is just now reading on internet about yang will drop a bit more again for about a year.This is news from japan.This will cover the buying contract from thai rubber by Japan.

Oops

Cheers Cobbler

O great, my wife is just now reading on internet about yang will drop a bit more again for about a year.This is news from japan.This will cover the buying contract from thai rubber by Japan.

Oops

Cheers Cobbler

Wife has been saying her friends say it's going to 100 Baht. I keep saying your friends are talking from their <deleted>

• Like 2

correct me if i'm wrong but to me it seems the international price of rubber has continued downward since the end of last season and the only thing that has helped local prices, holding slightly higher than the end of last season, has been the weak baht.

[as in post #2453] oil at $200 and/or a devalued baht would solve all our problems.

Dear all,

Been a while since I posted anything worthwhile..... Hope you are all panning out some way or another. At present, we have about 135 rai of rubber plantations in the north. Many different variables have lead us to decide to sell half of the plantations for the rising price of the land. We were fortunate (lucky ) enough to have bought land a long time ago at ahhhummm, errrm.... dirt cheap - prices and the land has increased exponentially due to speculators and the area being turned into a provincial seat.

I agree with the folks here saying that rubber prices are mostly gloom and doom.... Yes, they are and not going to get much better due to other (cheaper) countries elsewhere planting massive plantations. Sidenote: strangely enough, there are a small group of land speculators that have planted over 4000 rai of rubber near our land.... go figure.... Although I do worry about my (ex) country trying to provoke WWIII . The baht is dropping slightly, but who in their right mind would do business with a military J_u_ta - especially the regular customers in the intl. rubber market... Good luck to us all and hope that we can cope.... Don't give up your day job yet.