Patong Happy Hours

mallmagician

My wife and I, and 2 other couples are having a weekend break in Phuket. We are on a budget, so we would like to tour the happy hours. What's the best bars to visit of an evening to ensure we have a perpetual happy hour and a good atmosphere?

E.g go bar x from 6-7, then onto bar y for their 7-9 happy hours, then bar z is great from 9 onwards. :-)

You are on a budget and you are going to rip off town, just my opinion but have always hated the place, enjoy your time there amongst the touts, Tuk Tuks and sleeze..

Oh forgot to mention the great big holes in the road behind Jungceylon. but not been there for many many months so it could have been repaired by now.

Edited by kenny999

Well, we have plenty of cash, but would prefer not to pay rip off prices. I've heard the happy hours bring the prices more to a moderate level, so was just looking for tips on bars with good happy hours in Patong.

We are staying in Patong, so no need for tuk tuks. We won't hire any jetski.

We have airport transfers included with our hotel, and they also rent scooters and are reputable in that regard.

We are planning a day trip, and a trip to fantasia, both of which include transport.

Think we will be ok.

Back on topic, good bars with happy hours? Times of said happy hours?

Thanks

Many of the bars don't start rocking till 10 PM. Happy hours at many places 5-8 PM. Save $.50 on a beer? Sangsom and cokes are inexpensive all night long, 60 baht usually. Buy a beer at 7/11 and walk the streets? You'll see signs if they have happy hours.

Well, we have plenty of cash, but would prefer not to pay rip off prices. I've heard the happy hours bring the prices more to a moderate level, so was just looking for tips on bars with good happy hours in Patong.

We have airport transfers included with our hotel, and they also rent scooters and are reputable in that regard.

We are planning a day trip, and a trip to fantasia, both of which include transport.

Think we will be ok.

Thanks

If you don't want to pay rip off prices, don't come to Phuket. This whole island is geared towards ripping off the farang.

Think we will be ok.

Thanks

If you don't want to pay rip off prices, don't come to Phuket. This whole island is geared towards ripping off the farang.

sure :unsure:

OP

bangla road, kangaroo bar, fun starts at 7 pm but can get slow at 11-12pm.

all beer 70 baht all day and night, a large bottle of Sang Som with free mixers and ice is 800 baht, a liter of Smirnoff 2.000 baht

music aimed at 35-55 YO, and played on request

Something more scenic

After Beach Bar south of Kata on the hill to Rawai/Nai harn. Fantastic seaview and sunset, but drinks more than kangaroo

or shopping centre,

Jungceylon, the pool bar next to Mc Donalds, Happy Hour beer until 7 pm, as most in Jungceylon

after 11pm

Phuket town, Timberhut is my favorite, great live music, Red Label 900 baht/bottle

enjoy your stay :)

[if you don't want to pay rip off prices, don't come to Phuket. This whole island is geared towards ripping off the farang.

Not true. Maybe it's just the places you go.

may seem od to some, but been here full time for +8 years, drinking out at least twice a week, still havent been ripped off during drinking hours :)

Think we will be ok.

Thanks

That's not what he asked though was it. Why are you just giving some random opinion of yours, when nobody wanted it?

That's not what he asked though was it. Why are you just giving some random opinion of yours, when nobody wanted it?

You are right. What was I thinking? This is the best value holiday option is South East Asia. There are no scams, rip offs or cartels here on Phuket. Please disregard my previous post. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Seduction Discotheque have an open bar party on Thursdays - Factory Bar and Kitchen have 2 open bar parties a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

You get unlimited imported spirits, beers and cocktails from 10pm to midnight for 1000 baht per person.

Table reservations can be made for groups of 8 or more.

Sometimes the days change PM me for up to date info.

Seduction Discotheque have an open bar party on Thursdays - Factory Bar and Kitchen have 2 open bar parties a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

You get unlimited imported spirits, beers and cocktails from 10pm to midnight for 1000 baht per person.

Wow you want people to pay 1000 bht each and then drink spirits and cocktails in a 2 hr period, sounds like a rip off to me!!!!

You are right. What was I thinking? This is the best value holiday option is South East Asia. There are no scams, rip offs or cartels here on Phuket. Please disregard my previous post. :) :) :) :) :) :)

I would like to think that people that come on this forum realise that the life you live in Phuket is not the same as the life that most others live in Phuket. For you it is the Land of Snarls where you are being ripped off at every opportunity. For others it is a great tropical island where you can eat for 30 baht, get a whisky and coke for 60baht and do it with lots of great Thai friends and family.

I just hope that people who read your posts dont think you gave an accurate account of life if Phuket.

Loads of great value in Patong, from drinks for 50 baht and street food on some of the back streets for 30-40 baht. Even in Suzy Wongs JD and Joke is only 150 baht which I think is acceptable for an imported "whisky" in one of the better "bars".

Wow you want people to pay 1000 bht each and then drink spirits and cocktails in a 2 hr period, sounds like a rip off to me!!!!

Maybe you could explain the 'rip off' Kenny?

Maybe you could explain the 'rip off' Kenny?

Maybe rip off is to stronger word as I never frequent these sort of places, I guess the important question is what are the drink prices before 10pm and after midnight? and providing the spirits and cocktails are just that and not watered down then I suppose 1000 bht is okay if you are that way inclined!! just watched a programme about bar tending and it was an eye opener, apparently it all goes on!!

I would like to think that people that come on this forum realise that the life you live in Phuket is not the same as the life that most others live in Phuket. For you it is the Land of Snarls where you are being ripped off at every opportunity. For others it is a great tropical island where you can eat for 30 baht, get a whisky and coke for 60baht and do it with lots of great Thai friends and family.

I just hope that people who read your posts dont think you gave an accurate account of life if Phuket.

Loads of great value in Patong, from drinks for 50 baht and street food on some of the back streets for 30-40 baht. Even in Suzy Wongs JD and Joke is only 150 baht which I think is acceptable for an imported "whisky" in one of the better "bars".

Agree there are a few bars with beer 50bht and cheap food if you look, but for me there is something nasty about Patong, maybe it's the being shouted at from bars to come inside for drink or being bothered by those very annoying touts, also the many drunks that find it funny to grope girls within view of children and anyone else that is looking, but obviously many people like Patong and that is what freedom of choice is all about, thank god Chalong and Rawai area is very normal. used to live in Patong and do not miss any part of it at all...

Edited by kenny999

Wow translated into beer prices from for example Pattaya bars that would translate into 12.5 beers for 1000 Baht to consume in 2 hours or one 33 cl beer every 9.6 minutes.

Is this some guiness record book drink contest or just a very profitable event for the particular bar.

Edited by janverbeem

Wow translated into beer prices from for example Pattaya bars that would translate into 12.5 beers for 1000 Baht to consume in 2 hours or one 33 cl beer every 9.6 minutes.

Is this some guiness record book drink contest or just a very profitable event for the particular bar.

Why would you drink beer?

Obviously you'd drink spirits, otherwise you wouldn't go, right?

Patong certainly is sleazy, but a complete rip off? Nah. Only if you walk around with your eyes shut.

Part of the attraction of Patong is the ridiculous sleazyness ! If you want something else, then Phuket is HUGE. Go and live amongst nature in a Muslim village on the east coast if you want to get away from it all. Kata/Karon is more family orientated as is Naiharn. More upmarket? Head up to Surin and Bangtao areas. Don't complain about Patong if that isn't your cup of tea - just move on !!

If you want a nice quiet drink and watch the Bangla world slouch past, then there is nowhere better than 60baht beer bar up at the top end of Bangla, between Margarita and Pizza Company. There are two bars there that sell beer for 60b.

I drink there, not because i'm a cheap Charlie, but because i like to support places that charge reasonable prices. They can do it at 60b and they are making a profit. Anything significantly above that is just rampant profiteering.

Couple of easy tips for Patong (and anywhere where you are new in town)

First, check the drinks menu. If you don't look, then you could get ripped off.

Second - don't run up a tab. Pay for each drink as you get them. No nasty surprises at the end of the night.

Many of the bars in the sois off Bangla have promotions. Just check around. Double check the prices and pay as you drink.

Keep your eyes open and stay safe.

Why would you drink beer?

Obviously you'd drink spirits, otherwise you wouldn't go, right?

Since a Chivas here in Pattaya at an open beer bar will be 100 Baht or less that still amounts to 10 drinks or one drink every 12 minutes.

Since a Chivas here in Pattaya at an open beer bar will be 100 Baht or less that still amounts to 10 drinks or one drink every 12 minutes.

Yes, but Seduction isn't an open beer bar.

One has to pay a premium at a disco. By your logic, we'd all just be better staying at home drinking alcohol bought wholesale.

Going out and having a good time isn't always calculable by mathematical formula.