Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit ready for debate with Yingluck

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on Monday called for the Pheu Thai Party to take for consideration the people’s call for its No. 1 list candidate Yingluck Shinawatra to go for a debate.

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-30

At this moment in time it would appear the PT position has been made clear.........

So a continual throwing down of the gauntlet by Abhisit could be construed as increasing desperation.....

To support the public demands of course

Edited by 473geo

At this moment in time it would appear the PT position has been made clear.........

So a continual throwing down of the gauntlet by Abhisit could be construed as increasing desperation.....

Yeah, a real desperate act to respond to the desires of the country. What a dastardly thing to do.

Much better to go against the grain of of the population's wishes, like Yingluck.

Besides, nothing is really clear about Yingluck's various statements, such as "not right now".

Depending on any particular issue, it seems PTP's position seems to waffle around contingent upon which person is contacted.

Yeah, a real desperate act to respond to the desires of the country. What a dastardly thing to do.

Much better to go against the grain of of the population's wishes, like Yingluck.

Besides, nothing is really clear about Yingluck's various statements, such as "not right now".

Depending on any particular issue, it seems PTP's position seems to waffle around contingent upon which person is contacted.

Excellent that Abhisit is willing to respond to the desires of the country, good for him, and as he has been in government for quite some time now, and capturing the votes of the public by his encouraging response to their desires..........

Well a debate is not really required........the result of the poll is surely a foregone conclusion

Edited by 473geo

Excellent that Abhisit is willing to respond to the desires of the country, good for him, and as he has been in government for quite some time now, and capturing the votes of the public by his encouraging response to their desires..........

Well a debate is not really required........the result of the poll is surely a foregone conclusion

She's too scared to debate and reveal her ignorance.

Hmmmm arguing against a public debate about policy and leadership? When the public calls for such a debate BEFORE the elections? Yingluck may not be too afraid, but her handlers certainly are!

To jdinasia #278

I agree they steer clear of the normal things that may expose them and concentrate on B/S, Ignorance and lies to get their message across to the uneducated, as its the 20 million in Issan C/Mai they are after as that is all they need to get back in.

That's why I stated earlier--WAKE UP ISSAN

Hmmmm arguing against a public debate about policy and leadership? When the public calls for such a debate BEFORE the elections? Yingluck may not be too afraid, but her handlers certainly are!

Sorry, all of you are wrong. Ms. Yingluck is just waiting for the right moment

NATIONAL

Yingluck waits for the right time for a public debate

By The Nation

Pheu Thai Party's PM candidate Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that she would be happy to take part in a public debate with her Democrat counterpart Abhisit Vejjajiva when the time is right.

"I will have to consider the timing. People wouldn't want to see an attack and counter-attack session between the two parties. When the time is right, I'm ready to debate. It's not a problem that I'm not a good speaker. I'm also ready to run an election campaign in the South," she said.

Democrat Party spokesman Buranaj Smutharaks said the party was glad to hear that Yingluck was ready to debate. "We [the Democrat party] are also ready," he said, adding that a neutral unit should organise the session.nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation , 2011-05-30

Edited by rubl

Put, as was suggested by the PTP, Natthawut as a stand-in for her since she's not up to the task.

Yingluck waits for the right time for a public debate

stage 1. It's still early and there are an awful lot of other things to do.

stage 2. Something should be done, but is a debate the right thing to do it?

stage 3. This is not the time to do a debate for various reasons.

stage 4. Setting up a debate runs into various problems. These may include technical, political and/or legal aspects.

stage 5. We're getting so close to the actual election that it seems unwise or maybe even illegal to have a debate.

With thanks to

"THE COMPLETE YES MINISTER

The Diaries of a Cabinet Minister by the Right Hon. James Hacker MP

Edited by Jonathan Lynn and Antony Jay"

Now what guys? Yingluck is ready, next angle of attack.........oh and by the way.....the democrats are still ready...and waiting......who is dancing to whose tune......:lol:

'Ready but waiting for the right time' doesn't really sound like 'ready'. Just an opportunity for k. Abhisit to say 'well, just let me know when. I'm following my normal program anyway'. Remark picked up by open microphone 'Women, always have to wait for them to get ready'.

Now what guys? Yingluck is ready, next angle of attack.........oh and by the way.....the democrats are still ready...and waiting......who is dancing to whose tune......:lol:

'Ready but waiting for the right time' doesn't really sound like 'ready'. Just an opportunity for k. Abhisit to say 'well, just let me know when. I'm following my normal program anyway'. Remark picked up by open microphone 'Women, always have to wait for them to get ready'.

Oh yes, but the ones I know surely know how to make an entrance, and breath taking lasting impression, when they are ready....:)

Oh yes, but the ones I know surely know how to make an entrance, and breath taking lasting impression, when they are ready....:)

We are still talking about politicians here, or did we chance the subject :whistling:

We are still talking about politicians here, or did we chance the subject :whistling:

All the best politicians know how to make an impression Rubl.................some need a platform like a debate......others just go out and talk to the people......

Still trying your spin attempt? A week ago the word from the PTP was "no way Yingluck will debate, maybe we'll send Nattawut", now it's "she's almost willing", I guess as soon as she's put her dancing shoes on she'll be ready to face the Democrats' tune..

Edited by ballpoint

All the best politicians know how to make an impression Rubl.................some need a platform like a debate......others just go out and talk to the people......

You might want to reread your own posts in the interests of consistency. Further up the page you were praising Yingluck for now being almost ready to debate. Guess her high heels aren't quite tall enough and she needs that platform.

You might want to reread your own posts in the interests of consistency. Further up the page you were praising Yingluck for now being almost ready to debate. Guess her high heels aren't quite tall enough and she needs that platform.

incredible......you winge and moan that she won't turn up and now she has said she is ready, try to say she needs the platform......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and actually I think you will find for consistency in my posts I have always hinted the democrats needed the platform, I guess you missed that.......'some people need a platform like a debate' was not a reference to Yingluck

I'll just wait for the debate, I think it could provide an interesting viewing......

Now where was that post from Geriatric kid.......about the difficult path for Abhisit if she did show up........

incredible......you winge and moan that she won't turn up and now she has said she is ready, try to say she needs the platform......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and actually I think you will find for consistency in my posts I have always hinted the democrats needed the platform, I guess you missed that.......'some people need a platform like a debate' was not a reference to Yingluck

I'll just wait for the debate, I think it could provide an interesting viewing......

Now where was that post from Geriatric kid.......about the difficult path for Abhisit if she did show up........

PTP supporters club: Yes, but, no, but, yes, but no, but...

There are 290 posts on this thread, I reckon 250 of them are depreciating comments about Yingluck for various reasons, the main contributors maligning her for her predicted non appearance. I wonder if we will see posters apologise as openly as they have criticised if she does put in an appearance. I doubt it!!!

A bit pointless foreigners supporting a Thai political party, I personally feel both Yingluck and Abhisit deserve a little respect, either one has a very difficult path ahead.

There are 290 posts on this thread, I reckon 250 of them are depreciating comments about Yingluck for various reasons, the main contributors maligning her for her predicted non appearance. I wonder if we will see posters apologise as openly as they have criticised if she does put in an appearance. I doubt it!!!

A bit pointless foreigners supporting a Thai political party, I personally feel both Yingluck and Abhisit deserve a little respect, either one has a very difficult path ahead.

A quote from some post "Now what guys? Yingluck is ready, next angle of attack.........oh and by the way.....the democrats are still ready...and waiting......who is dancing to whose tune......"

A bit pointless according to some ;)

Yes, no, maybe, soon , probably, waiting for you, no not now, yes, probably, etc., etc.

P-NET to hold TV debates for PM hopefuls on June 23-24

BANGKOK, 21 May 2011 (NNT) – The People’s Network for Election in Thailand (P-NET) is prepared to arrange debates for Number 1 Party-list candidates of the contesting political parties on 23 and 24 June, now pending only responses from the debaters.

P-NET executive member Varin Thiemjaras announced that the network would hold a two-day political debate ahead of the election, on 23 and 24 June from 9.00-12.00 hrs at Sripatum University with a live broadcast on television.

The objective of the debate is to provide an opportunity for prime minister hopefuls to present their visions and policies while showing their problem-solving and leadership skills to eligible voters for consideration.

Mr Varin revealed that six medium-sized political parties, which were deemed as potential role players in the formation of the next government, would be invited to participate on the first day. Each party will be given five questions and will be allowed to spend up to five minutes to answer each of them.

One of the five questions will come from the Thai people.

As for the last-day debate, the top party-list candidates of the two giant parties, Pheu Thai and Democrat, would be invited along with two companions on each side.

They will have to answer five questions from academics from various branches within a time limit of ten minutes each.

However, P-NET is awaiting confirmation from all the participants, and the deadline for their replies is set on 17 June.

If either the Pheu Thai or the Democrat Parties chooses to turn down the invitation, the debate on 24 June will be canceled.

Today, the Democrat Party Spokesman accepted on behalf of the Party the invitation by P-Net to the debates on the above 2 dates.

No word yet from Pheu Thai Party's and whether No. 1 Party-list candidate Yingluck Shinawatra would accept for the 23rd or the 24th.

Since there was the poll saying that 60% of the people wanted the face-to-face debate, and PTP wish to be portrayed as a popular-party, Ms Yingluck will surely respect the wishes of the people, and take part ? I mean, as a true democrat who wishes to become PM, and all ? B)

About putting family members in public office....

North Korea has Kim Jong Il and his son

Iraq had Sadam Hussain and his sons

Libya had Muammar Gaddafi and his sons

and now Thaskin wants his little sister? :blink:

I don't think the world will take Thailand seriously if this happens. Sounds like a bad idea.

Since there was the poll saying that 60% of the people wanted the face-to-face debate, and PTP wish to be portrayed as a popular-party, Ms Yingluck will surely respect the wishes of the people, and take part ? I mean, as a true democrat who wishes to become PM, and all ? B)

believing poll results? :whistling:

believing poll results? :whistling:

Only without whistling and only when it suits me. Mind you, member Ricardo was a bit off track. I mean Ms. Yingluck and PTP are not the Democrats, that's another party. PTP stands for 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai accts', so number one on the party list of candidates for MP stands for the same one might presume, especially when there is a blood relation. Nothing to do with democrats, or double standards, or listening to what the people want. I mean we're ready but only waiting for the right time, aren't we <_<