ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

He's not a bad bloke you know, and mostly he talks a lot of Football sense. yes he love winding people up-nothing wrong with that, unless you are the one being would up and he's laughing! Not you Redrus , I mean anyone, including me, he has wound me up like that old fob watch on his sig... but he's a clever sod... gotta hand it to him.

or a start he MAKES MONEY in Thailand! Not many can say that

He is happy congratulating someone on a fair win

At least you know if CFC slip up he will be the first to admit to their shortcomings.

At least he congratulated Man U on wresting the league Cup from Chelsea.

Fair do's I say

TP

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not a bad bloke you know, and mostly he talks a lot of Football sense. yes he love winding people up-nothing wrong with that, unless you are the one being would up and he's laughing! Not you Redrus , I mean anyone, including me, he has wound me up like that old fob watch on his sig... but he's a clever sod... gotta hand it to him.

At least you know if CFC slip up he will be the first to admit to their shortcomings.

Fair do's I say

TP

I know him personally, and as you say TP he's a very clever man. He's one of the best liked people around, except for those who cross him. We have a good laugh sometimes over the Premiership results. I text him when Chelsea lose, and he textes me when United lose. His phone bill is bigger than mine Anyway the slight liking for Chelsea has gone now Forsell has left. Oops sorry Lamps

Fair do's I say

TP

Cheers TP..........I'll lat off taking the piss for a week for that :o

Considering it was the bitter bredblue who started this thred i would like to be the first to offer my congrats.

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY mr Bitter Blue. Today is the anno of Citys last trophy. 26th February 1976. 10958 days without a trophy. Never mind Bred you might win one in your lifetime.

By the way it would be very fitting if we win another trophy today, don't you think.

Headlines 2 morro in the Manc Evening news.

Utd win another trophy on Citys anno. Got a nice ring to it me thinks. :o

I can’t believe you’re calling me bitter and bring up this date (which is obviously more important to you Manu fans that it is to us), there’s a certain irony there isn’t there.

Any way thanks for advising me but I was aware of it having read ‘Fred the (Bitter) Reds’ rantings on the City page of the M.E.N website. Can you believe that moron went on to our pages at least 6 times during the Wigan game to post the updated score and mock us about 30 years – proof of who really are the bitter ones.

In my lifetime, I’ve been lucky enough to see us win the old Division 1, European honours, FA Cup and League Cups – I now know where I was 26th February 1976 (Wembley) if it ever comes up in a pub quiz.

Do I expect us to win anything again in what remains of my lifetime? Not if we continue this shocking away form is the flippant answer, highly unlikely if things remain the same as only the wealthy 4 or 5 clubs have any real expectations of that – except for winning the odd Cup, 95% of the 4 divisions teams can not expect to win much can they unless they get a major benefactor. Is this déjà vu or didn’t we have this out about 4 months and 20 pages back?

Hopefully our next trophy will be our Youth team going through their Semi-final to win the FA Youth Cup having knocked out your lot last week – been a bit quiet on that one you Reds, eh!

Is winning trophies the be all of football? Is it that important to the fans? I don’t think so if you ask the majority of clubs fans who don’t ask or expect much from their club, sure they hope that they could one day unearth a Brian Clough (Derby & Forest) or an Ambromovich (Chelsea) on go on to do something, but as a seasons average crowd of 28,000 in the third tier showed, most of us (City) would turn up whatever as we feel part of the club family.

Newcastle and City, have the second and third highest average home attendances in England and won diddly squat in 50 and 30 years respectively, proof if ever you need it that winning is NOT the be all; expectation of winning and feeling part of the club family is sufficient for most football fans.

That cup you’ve just won, not long ago you’d have nothing to do with it now you’ll be expecting a ticker tape parade around your city, Salford that is!!!

Fair do's I say

TP

I enjoy these wind ups, that go in both directions. I don't ever take any offence to anything thats said on this forum, especially in this thread.... :o

I certainly hold nothing against Lamps TP, its cool to have people around that don't agree. I'd like to think if I met anyone that I talk to in here, we could by eachother a beer and share a laugh or 7.

Fair do's

redrus

, we could by eachother a beer and share a laugh or 7.

Fair do's

redrus

:o I don't drink..................but I'd still buy you one :D ................................................................................

Two or three, if you came in the pub wearing a Chelsea shirt.

Edited by lampard10

Considering it was the bitter bredblue who started this thred i would like to be the first to offer my congrats.

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY mr Bitter Blue. Today is the anno of Citys last trophy. 26th February 1976. 10958 days without a trophy. Never mind Bred you might win one in your lifetime.

By the way it would be very fitting if we win another trophy today, don't you think.

Headlines 2 morro in the Manc Evening news.

Utd win another trophy on Citys anno. Got a nice ring to it me thinks. :o

I can’t believe you’re calling me bitter and bring up this date (which is obviously more important to you Manu fans that it is to us), there’s a certain irony there isn’t there.

Any way thanks for advising me but I was aware of it having read ‘Fred the (Bitter) Reds’ rantings on the City page of the M.E.N website. Can you believe that moron went on to our pages at least 6 times during the Wigan game to post the updated score and mock us about 30 years – proof of who really are the bitter ones.

In my lifetime, I’ve been lucky enough to see us win the old Division 1, European honours, FA Cup and League Cups – I now know where I was 26th February 1976 (Wembley) if it ever comes up in a pub quiz.

Do I expect us to win anything again in what remains of my lifetime? Not if we continue this shocking away form is the flippant answer, highly unlikely if things remain the same as only the wealthy 4 or 5 clubs have any real expectations of that – except for winning the odd Cup, 95% of the 4 divisions teams can not expect to win much can they unless they get a major benefactor. Is this déjà vu or didn’t we have this out about 4 months and 20 pages back?

Hopefully our next trophy will be our Youth team going through their Semi-final to win the FA Youth Cup having knocked out your lot last week – been a bit quiet on that one you Reds, eh!

Is winning trophies the be all of football? Is it that important to the fans? I don’t think so if you ask the majority of clubs fans who don’t ask or expect much from their club, sure they hope that they could one day unearth a Brian Clough (Derby & Forest) or an Ambromovich (Chelsea) on go on to do something, but as a seasons average crowd of 28,000 in the third tier showed, most of us (City) would turn up whatever as we feel part of the club family.

Newcastle and City, have the second and third highest average home attendances in England and won diddly squat in 50 and 30 years respectively, proof if ever you need it that winning is NOT the be all; expectation of winning and feeling part of the club family is sufficient for most football fans.

That cup you’ve just won, not long ago you’d have nothing to do with it now you’ll be expecting a ticker tape parade around your city, Salford that is!!!

Come on Bredblue, a simple thank you would have been nice. Its not often people remember an ANNIVERSARY, is it :D

hey bred blue the youth cup by all reports city totally out played by united and right at the end with your first attempt on goal you score,fair play as results are what count,bit like united out playing arsenal in the fa cup and loosing.

a report from a friend who went was united stand packed with loads of local young uns singing to city stockport give us a song,lol.

i though manchester was blue,lol.

, we could by eachother a beer and share a laugh or 7.

Fair do's

redrus

:D I don't drink..................but I'd still buy you one :D ................................................................................

Two or three, if you came in the pub wearing a Chelsea shirt.

5555555555, you've got more chance than Liverpool fan would have but, very little chance of both. I'll take the single though,. :o

redrus

hey bred blue the youth cup by all reports city totally out played by united and right at the end with your first attempt on goal you score,fair play as results are what count,bit like united out playing arsenal in the fa cup and loosing.

a report from a friend who went was united stand packed with loads of local young uns singing to city stockport give us a song,lol.

Yep, Manu had the lion’s share of possession but did nothing with it; City came alive with 15 minutes to go.

I don't recall it being our "first attempt on goal you score" but we didn't have many chances, that said, ManU barely troubled our goalie and your one decent chance was 2 minutes in to extra time when your 6'4" centre-back should have nodded it in to send it to an extra 30 minutes.

That moron Gary Neville (co-commentator on MUTV's coverage) likened the game to "united out playing arsenal in the fa cup and loosing" but really it wasn't so, having all the possession 30 metres out and doing nothing to create doesn’t win you games as we all know.

The crowd was about 6,500 which wasn't very impressive from either club's perspective. Yes, Stockport is one of City's major areas of supporters in the same way that Cockneyland is your - didn't we flog that one to death a while back.

"I though Manchester was blue,lol." Yes, you were correct!

Yep, Manu had the lion’s share of possession but did nothing with it; City came alive with 15 minutes to go.

I don't recall it being our "first attempt on goal you score" but we didn't have many chances, that said, ManU barely troubled our goalie and your one decent chance was 2 minutes in to extra time when your 6'4" centre-back should have nodded it in to send it to an extra 30 minutes.

That moron Gary Neville (co-commentator on MUTV's coverage) likened the game to "united out playing arsenal in the fa cup and loosing" but really it wasn't so, having all the possession 30 metres out and doing nothing to create doesn’t win you games as we all know.

The crowd was about 6,500 which wasn't very impressive from either club's perspective. Yes, Stockport is one of City's major areas of supporters in the same way that Cockneyland is your - didn't we flog that one to death a while back.

"I though Manchester was blue,lol." Yes, you were correct!

[/quote

so bred blue you have not congratulated united on winning the first trophy of the year,, or is this the b itter comming out in you.

and you started this thread do you still think we are in decline?

there is not much evidence mate, we are 2nd to chelsea who have had a fantastic year no one can keep up with them, our points tally is very respectfull in fact in most of the seasons we have won the league we may have had less points than this.

we have won a cup maybe not the fa or champions league,but it is one of the 4 trophys that can be won.

only decline has been in the champions league,in fact it might wake fergie up and realize he should have rectified or midfield last season.

we have 4 midfielders out now,if you can call smith a midfielder and the ,loss of keane too.

we need too new midfielders and we will be set.

so bred blue you have not congratulated united on winning the first trophy of the year,, or is this the b itter comming out in you. NOT A CHANCE IN THIS WORLD OF THAT HAPPENING.

and you started this thread do you still think we are in decline? YES.

there is not much evidence mate, we are 2nd to chelsea who have had a fantastic year no one can keep up with them, our points tally is very respectfull in fact in most of the seasons we have won the league we may have had less points than this. AND THAT IS PART OF THE DECLINE ISN'T IT, YOUR BEST IS NOW 2ND, MIGHT BE THIRD SOON.

we have won a cup maybe not the fa or champions league,but it is one of the 4 trophys that can be won. YOU WON A CUP THAT YOU USED TO RIDICULE. LUCKY THAT FOR FERGIE OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN THE KNACKERS SHOP END OF SEASON.

only decline has been in the champions league,in fact it might wake fergie up and realize he should have rectified or midfield last season. ERR NO. WAKE UP AND SMEEL THE ROSES.

we have 4 midfielders out now,if you can call smith a midfielder and the ,loss of keane too.

we need too new midfielders and we will be set. FROM YOUR PREVIOUS BEST THIS TEAM IS POOR, SORRY BUT IT IS. NO LONGER ARE TEAMS FEARED OFF YOU. YOU HAVE 5 OR 6 DECENT PLAYERS WORTH BUILDING AROUND, THE REST ARE AVERAGE.

so bred blue you have not congratulated united on winning the first trophy of the year,, or is this the b itter comming out in you. NOT A CHANCE IN THIS WORLD OF THAT HAPPENING.

and you started this thread do you still think we are in decline? YES.

there is not much evidence mate, we are 2nd to chelsea who have had a fantastic year no one can keep up with them, our points tally is very respectfull in fact in most of the seasons we have won the league we may have had less points than this. AND THAT IS PART OF THE DECLINE ISN'T IT, YOUR BEST IS NOW 2ND, MIGHT BE THIRD SOON.

we have won a cup maybe not the fa or champions league,but it is one of the 4 trophys that can be won. YOU WON A CUP THAT YOU USED TO RIDICULE. LUCKY THAT FOR FERGIE OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN THE KNACKERS SHOP END OF SEASON.

only decline has been in the champions league,in fact it might wake fergie up and realize he should have rectified or midfield last season. ERR NO. WAKE UP AND SMEEL THE ROSES.

we need too new midfielders and we will be set. FROM YOUR PREVIOUS BEST THIS TEAM IS POOR, SORRY BUT IT IS. NO LONGER ARE TEAMS FEARED OFF YOU. YOU HAVE 5 OR 6 DECENT PLAYERS WORTH BUILDING AROUND, THE REST ARE AVERAGE.

that is 5 or 6 players more than city have.

I still don't think we are in decline.

I also don't think Wigan are either. Good team great manager, really unlucky last night. Good luck in the future Wigan I say, the league needs more good football and more fighting spirit.

redrus

I still don't think we are in decline.

I also don't think Wigan are either. Good team great manager, really unlucky last night. Good luck in the future Wigan I say, the league needs more good football and more fighting spirit.

redrus

It depends on how you look at it really.

Answer these three questions honestly.

1. Do you think Chelsea's money makes that much of a difference.

2. How many times have Man U beaten Chelsea this year.

3. How many times have Chelsea beaten Man U this year.

If you answered yes to question 1, then you must beleive Chelsea's money is making United lose. Remember Chelsea have lost twice this season. When they were third behind United a few seasons back they only lost three times.

No, mate. I think that apart from Chelsea running away with it and Sunderland losing it, there is not a lot between the rest of the pack. United or Arsenal from a few years back would certainly give the present day Chelsea a run for their money. Decline is a harsh word. I think slight recession is more like it.

lamps chelsea would not be top if it wasnt for there money now dont deny that. as for united we are in transition not decline.

our attack is as good as any in the league our defense ispretty good too, just our midfield is holding us back when we sort that out we will be hard to beat.

Nev, I do believe Lamps was being nice to us then. Take it in good grace.

Lamps, your money definately makes you.

redrus

yes redrus i no he was being nice and i have not said anything bad against lampy in fact i like him and think he is a fair guy.

another good win by the team in so called decline could have been at least 8, if it was not for chelsea having such a excellent season we would have been a good shout for the league on our form,and credit to chelsea beating spurs was a good game could have gone either way and that gallas goal deserved to win any game.

Nev, I do believe Lamps was being nice to us then. Take it in good grace.

redrus

yes redrus i no he was being nice and i have not said anything bad against lampy in fact i like him and think he is a fair guy.

another good win by the team in so called decline could have been at least 8, if it was not for chelsea having such a excellent season we would have been a good shout for the league on our form,and credit to chelsea beating spurs was a good game could have gone either way and that gallas goal deserved to win any game.

I said at half time, the way Spurs were playing they would be ahead against most teams in the Premiership. The great thing about this weekend, is however great the Gallas goal was it might of only ranked 3rd or 4th there were that many great goals.

Nev, I do believe Lamps was being nice to us then. Lets take it in good grace.

redrus

Nev sorry fella, I missed a word out there. Was being toungue in cheek.

How good is Rooney at the moment. His work rate seems be getting better all the time.

Well done last night City.

redrus

How good is Rooney at the moment. His work rate seems be getting better all the time.

Got to agree with that. I just hope he's in tip top condition for the world cup

Well done last night City.

Cheers Redrus :o When Villa got one back, the last 10 minutes seemed very long indeed :D

rooney is the best player to come out of england since ashley grimes :o

he just gets better and better might just be the man to lead england to win the world cup.

yes citys giddymeter is getting a work out :D

rooney is the best player to come out of england since ashley grimes :o

he just gets better and better might just be the man to lead england to win the world cup.

Think you're right there. I was afraid he was going to become another Gascoigne. Brilliant talent, but a complete waste of space. I used to share a house with his cousin in Sweden a few years back.

By the way, did you see ' Goals'?...............Gallas's effort came in at #10

rooney is the best player to come out of england since ashley grimes :D

Nice one Nev, As long as Rooney doesn't have a wig like Ashley Grimes.

Hes here hes there hes every f......... where Ashley Grimes. Stood in the United Road priceless mate. Football ain't what it used to be lads.

Any old footie chants lads from the 70s,80s,

Heres a few to start with

here we go here we go here we go,

You must have come in a taxi

Gary Bailey Gary Bailey are we singing loud enough

K stand K stand give us a song

I don't know whats wrong with me today :o

watched my first match as a 7 year old in the united road paddock in 1965,gee i am a old bugger,lol.

your right there mate football died as we new it when all seater stadiums came in.the vermin ruined football for good.

old songs well tommy docs red and white army.

singing to norwich your going home on a combined harvester.

singing to the vermin, you're going home in a f**kiing ambulance,well the few who came.

in the scoreboard paddock doing the big aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh and stamping of the feet and scarring the away support.

getting very nostalgic jjp.

remember the 70's at main rd when we had half the ground and all the seperated united and city was a rope used to go off all game.

i no a bit off topic but i cannot see the decline so not much to talk about there.lol.

getting very nostalgic jjp.

remember the 70's at main rd when we had half the ground and all the seperated united and city was a rope used to go off all game.

Nev,

Maine Road! You're dreaming not being nostalgic if you think (1) you had half the ground let alone half the Kippax, and (2) i don't ever recall a rope being used (more like a big fence to keep you lot at the Kippax / Platt Lane open corner). But yes it used to kick off all over the Kippax as Reds did get tickets for the Kippx.

How about 'Who's up Mary Brown' for your list.

Edited by Bredbury Blue