Air Asia Latest Big Sale Starts Monday 23Rd May

theoldgit

Air Asia's latest Big Sale starts on Monday at GMT + 8 hours, their Facebook page is beginning to hint at the details of the offer https://www.facebook.com/AirAsia just have to wait and see what's going to be on offer, seems they will be dropping the fuel surcharge for this promotion.

Mark Your Calendar 'cos this coming Monday, something BIG is coming your way, in celebration with Air Asia's 10th Anniversary.

Fly from 6 Feb 2012 20 June 2012.

Question : Can you buy a flight with a coin? Stay tuned on 23 May 2011, 12 p.m. (GMT+8)

I suspect there will be the usual mix of satisfied and non-satisfied customers.

Edited by theoldgit

I need to fly to Australia in a couple of months not next year. Anyone know of reasonable fares to Brisbane or the Gold Coast to fly about end of July?

I don't know what you call a reasonable fare but Thai are running a promotion which includes Brisbane, it's certainly less than I paid a couple of years ago, though it might not help you has it ends on 14th July http://www.thaiairways.com/offers/special-fare-promotions/en/thai_51st_en.htm

I need to fly to Australia in a couple of months not next year. Anyone know of reasonable fares to Brisbane or the Gold Coast to fly about end of July?

I don't know what you call a reasonable fare but Thai are running a promotion which includes Brisbane, it's certainly less than I paid a couple of years ago, though it might not help you has it ends on 14th July http://www.thaiairways.com/offers/special-fare-promotions/en/thai_51st_en.htm

Thanks for that theoldgit, I'll check it out.

I think that it is very strange that at 10:00 A.M. when I try to book a trip from Bangkok to Hong Kong every day in March and May are "Sold Out". And this BIG SALE just opened?

Edited by cougar52

I think that it is very strange that at 10:00 A.M. when I try to book a trip from Bangkok to Hong Kong every day in March and May are "Sold Out". And this BIG SALE just opened?

It opened at 11.00, I'm trying to book now but it's painfully slow, and the've added a few more hurdles to keep you on your toes.

I managed to book the only flights I wanted this time, and whilst I am a fan of AA I have to say that it took me longer than it has ever done before, about 90 minutes to book 4 tickets to Chiang Mai in March, the website was the slowest I have ever known.

What I did notice that they now automatically select seats for you, in my case their hot seats at 375 Baht a pop, so if you don't want them you have to deselect them, as you have to have to for checked luggage and insurance, also the prices for add ons have gone up.

I do think the convenience fee for using a credit card of 100 Baht person per leg is a bit excessive, I really must open an SCB Bank account.

So at the end of the day it cost me 2500 Baht for return tickets to Chiang Mai for four of us. 800 Baht for flights, 800 Baht Airport Tax, 800 Baht "Convenience Fee" and 100 Baht for VAT, not bad really, just glad I have enough time on my hands.

Edited by theoldgit

Managed one booking and it was very slow.

Now trying to make another but it is a waste of time. Just keep getting error messages at different stages of booking. Once even made to the payment stage before getting an error. :bah:

I managed to book the only flights I wanted this time, and whilst I am a fan of AA I have to say that it took me longer than it has ever done before, about 90 minutes to book 4 tickets to Chiang Mai in March, the website was the slowest I have ever known.

What I did notice that they now automatically select seats for you, in my case their hot seats at 375 Baht a pop, so if you don't want them you have to deselect them, as you have to have to for checked luggage and insurance, also the prices for add ons have gone up.

I do think the convenience fee for using a credit card of 100 Baht person per leg is a bit excessive, I really must open an SCB Bank account.

So at the end of the day it cost me 2500 Baht for return tickets to Chiang Mai for four of us. 800 Baht for flights, 800 Baht Airport Tax, 800 Baht "Convenience Fee" and 100 Baht for VAT, not bad really, just glad I have enough time on my hands.

A slow website is what usually happens when thousands of users try to log onto their website's server at the same time, due to obvious reasons, like who knows, a sale maybe? Anyway their website is as fast as any other airline's, dependent of your own WiFi connection too... ;)

Anyway did manage to book 2 journeys, one to Vietnam return, and anther to Phuket for a mates wedding.. might do a 3rd tomorrow, not sure where yet... the trick is not to sign in if yo have an account, that produces the errors, their profile system is corrupt, so don't log in and you'll be fine... B)

Just did a couple of bookings and paid by credit card. I am wondering though it anyone has done the over the counter payment at a 7-Eleven and, if so, what was the procedure. The website says you can do it but does not give you the procedure. When you get to the payment option at the end of the ticket purchase process, it doesn't have any options for that either.

Thanks

David

The website seems to be speeding up a bit now.

I was looking to go to Singapore for Songkran, flights at 1000 Baht each, return, was pretty good, but you have to add on Airport Tax, Fuel Surcharge (the offer says they were not going to charge that) Airport Fee, Aviation Levy, Passenger Service Charge, Passenger Security Fee and Convenience Fee, grand total of 6,120 Baht.

Some of those charges will have been imposed by Singapore, but not the bargain I had hoped for.

Apparently the fuel charge is only waived if you book one of the ten sen fares (I guess that would equate one baht). I've yet to see anything priced at that level. It's certainly s-l-o-w going...