Thai Bank Account

glenn88

According to a the "international law office" of Phuket, you should probably use a law firm like theirs to open a bank account here. I don't think I can post the link to their article in the Phuket Gazette that explains why or their website here but you should be able to find them easily by googling them! good luck!

Why on earth would you need to pay an expensive law firm to open a bank account ... :bah:

This is just nonsense for a private individual.

I agree with you its a simple thing to do yourself,

Although the bloke we bought the house from used a law firm for everything,

I reckon he must have been there favourite client :D

sorry guys, i had no idea how expensive international law office or that there is no need to use a lawyer to open an account. i was only going on what international law office wrote in the phuket gazzete and that sam fuman, their ceo, told me about that. but do you really think no one should use any lawyer for buying a house?

See lopburi's answer, you're confusing the issue.

You sound like a stuck record Steven

Do you know anyone who obtained there original Non O visa it Thailand

I think you should read the posts again ;)

That is because you keep doing the same: confusing the issue.

You know nothing about this subject, only from your booklet from Thai immigration. If you know nothing about a subject, better to listen and learn, ask questions, but don't make statements which are either not true or very confusing.

See lopburi's answer, you're confusing the issue.

You sound like a stuck record Steven

Do you know anyone who obtained there original Non O visa it Thailand

I think you should read the posts again ;)

That is because you keep doing the same: confusing the issue.

You know nothing about this subject, only from your booklet from Thai immigration. If you know nothing about a subject, better to listen and learn, ask questions, but don't make statements which are either not true or very confusing.

It seems from information posted by people who have done it , its not hard to get a Non O in Thailand

It only took me 20 minutes to get my Non O in Perth.

I would not take any notice of you, you do nothing but criticize people

very rarely do you make any constructive comments :D

According to a the "international law office" of Phuket, you should probably use a law firm like theirs to open a bank account here. I don't think I can post the link to their article in the Phuket Gazette that explains why or their website here but you should be able to find them easily by googling them! good luck!

Why on earth would you need to pay an expensive law firm to open a bank account ... :bah:

This is just nonsense for a private individual.

I agree with you its a simple thing to do yourself,

Although the bloke we bought the house from used a law firm for everything,

I reckon he must have been there favourite client :D

sorry guys, i had no idea how expensive international law office or that there is no need to use a lawyer to open an account. i was only going on what international law office wrote in the phuket gazzete and that sam fuman, their ceo, told me about that. but do you really think no one should use any lawyer for buying a house?

all it takes to open a bank account is your passport and your signature

buying a property is a bit more complicated, so a lawyer should be used

Hi all

The bangkok bank or the siam commercial bank looks like the way to go.

thank you all for the feedback,its been very interesting..:blink:

regards

glenn :rolleyes:

If you intend to open your bank account in Patong SCB and 3 other banks are at the entrance doors

in the basement and Bangkok bank is on the ground floor, plenty of hassle free parking in the basement

Hi all

The bangkok bank or the siam commercial bank looks like the way to go.

thank you all for the feedback,its been very interesting..:blink:

regards

glenn :rolleyes:

If you intend to open your bank account in Patong SCB and 3 other banks are at the entrance doors

in the basement and Bangkok bank is on the ground floor, plenty of hassle free parking in the basement

I have been with the Bangkok bank for 9 years and get $10,000 TT when I want cash. I bank with Westpac in Australia. You will find that by TTing your CASH to the Bangkok Bank you will get approx 1 Baht more than having cash.

You will find that if you get a small ammount of interest twice a year from BB around July and January. I get cash TT then to get a bit more interest, it also helps what you loose when you TT cash over.

Dont pull your cash out of your Aus Bank until after the end of the month, that way you get more interest.

Hope this helps.

Edited by OZEMADE

Thanks ozemade..but I have drawn a blank....what do you mean by TTing?

regards

I have been with the Bangkok bank for 9 years and get $10,000 TT when I want cash. I bank with Westpac in Australia. You will find that by TTing your CASH to the Bangkok Bank you will get approx 1 Baht more than having cash.

You will find that if you get a small ammount of interest twice a year from BB around July and January. I get cash TT then to get a bit more interest, it also helps what you loose when you TT cash over.

Dont pull your cash out of your Aus Bank until after the end of the month, that way you get more interest.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ozemade..but I have drawn a blank....what do you mean by TTing?

Telex Tranfer

Telegraphic Transfer.

Both are correct ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegraphic_transfer

Telegraphic Transfer or Telex Transfer , often abbreviated to TT, is an electronic means of transferring funds overseas. A transfer charge is collected while sending money.

A banking term commonly called "T/T," meaning a cable message from one bank to another in order to effect the transfer of money.[1]